loose skin

Submitted by Fritz on 01/22/2003. ( ) 208.44.186.53

his might sound like a stupid question but here it goes. I have just finished mounting a deer head but still have a little loose skin in the face. like under the chin area and along the nose. Not a whole lot just enough that if you push on it you can feel it push in. Will this dry and shrink enough to take care of it. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... thanks fritz

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Absolutely

This response submitted by Dan on 01/22/2003. ( Hasslehut ) 205.188.209.176

It will shrink right up, Just be sure to keep an eye on it and keep centering the skin also make sure hide paste doen't collect in the sagging area and set up or it will end up lumpy.

Thanks Dan

This response submitted by Fritz on 01/22/2003. ( ) 208.44.186.20

Thanks an for the quick response this is my third deer that have mounted and I don't remember the other two having the loose skin and was getting worried. Thanks Again Fritz

loose skin

This response submitted by Aaron Honeycutt on 01/23/2003. ( mhoney@mindspring.com ) 165.247.153.4

Fritz, What you describe may be air pockets. Puncture with a needle those areas that you can feel "push in". Then press the area--if it stays down it was air traped under the skin. Enjoy, Aaron H.

Return to Beginners Category Menu