suppliers

Submitted by shawn on 02/04/2004. ( ) 64.33.161.4

Hi Guys, I would really like to find a supplier that had everything I needed for taxidermy, at at least affordible prices, so that I dont have to worry about making small orders to several different suppliers. I dont like Van Dykes, or WASCO. any suggestions?

also, any suggestions on a REALLY GOOD fin coating?
Thank ya much!

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Affordable prices?

This response submitted by John C on 02/04/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Hum thats a subjective statement, I think most things are very affordable from them.

I like

This response submitted by Ken on 02/04/2004. ( fishmounter@alaska.com ) 24.237.148.169

I like Research Mannikins.call thim for a catalog 1-800-826-0654

what i meant was

This response submitted by shawn on 02/04/2004. ( ) 64.33.161.4

that id like a co. that was as affordable as wasko and Van Dykes, just that I dont prefer to deal with either, and would like to find another co. whos "got it all" so to speak.

here try this the links are words at the top of this page.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 02/04/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

http://www.taxidermy.net/suppliers/index.html

I second Research Mannikans, and....

This response submitted by Christina Jones on 02/04/2004. ( iluvnails@aol.com ) 64.12.96.134

TR Supply (www.TaxidermyReference.com) for all of my chemicals/disposable goods....GREAT people to work with, Ive had a really rough time finding a company with "order takers" that know anything at all about the products, and they certainly do, and are very friendly and helpful! Good luck!

C.

uh Shawn?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 02/04/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.134

Wake up, pal. This site BELONGS to WASCO. Why dont you find that perfect company, and use THEIR site to ask this question, ok? I gotta figure this is just a very young person who doesnt know any better...I find that when ordering, I expect the girls who answer the phone to be helpful, but not taxidermists. If you need help with the product, almost all of them, regardless of the company, can direct you to one of their in-house experts. I know VD, WASCO, McKenzie and almost all the others do this...

Bill, You said it exactly

This response submitted by Tenbears on 02/04/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.134

As the operators of businesses We all want service and value. We are all looking for the place where we can find the best of everything at the best possible price. we all want unparalleled service. In a utopian world every company would be this way. As taxidermist we should well understand the far more expense goes into products than the cost of materials. After all do we not include things like employee benefits, electric, advertising Etc. In the cost of our finished product. If not we should!
Supply companies, Have to take the same thing into consideration. They have to have someone take orders. They only require that this person be pleasant on the phone, and have the ability to do the procedure In a proper manor with a minimum amount of errors. I do not know for a fact, but I would suspect that they use young people fresh out of school. Or part time employees that work for the extra income. Lets face it If it were Me I would use ONLY part time employees for this. AS there is no need to offer benefits to part timers. They do not pay top wages to them. This keeps the overall cost of supplies down. Can you imagine the cost of materials if they had experienced Taxidermist doing every phase of the work? Our products would be triple what they are. just look at the various supply companies out there. It seems to be that those that I get the most efficient service from, are those that I pay the most on a per item basis. We need to decide for our selves if we want efficient service, or low pricing. But it seems that both are not possible. And stands to reason that they would not be.

wow

This response submitted by wilson on 02/04/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

In all my years I have never had a problem with a supplier that was not taken care of, to my satisfaction.
Sometimes I feel I was kissed by the gods ,[and I didn't mean G&Y] that I have a supplier 20 miles from me, [Jonas].

My advice is; if you want it real cheap, make it yourself and if you want it real quick, order it next day.

Bill

This response submitted by shawn on 02/04/2004. ( ) 64.33.161.4

Yes I did know that this was WASCOs site, and I use it because its a good one (I was able to get quick responses from experienced taxidermists such as yourself) I had bad experiences with VD and WASCO, but I see your and tenbears point. I suppose mistakes are ineviteble, even if a suppliers mistake costs you time and $. More than one situation like this has happened to me with both suppliers, and I suppose has left me with a bad attitude. Perhaps I should re-evaluate the situation. I apologize to any I may have offended, and to you Bill for being a foolish youth! (i am only 23) Thank you for giving a different light to my situation, and thanks to all for your suggestions. God bless!

thats bill all over

This response submitted by bernie on 02/04/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.168

an idiot all the time with no hair.

hey bernie?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 02/04/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.13

I think I hear your Mommy calling you. Shawn, nah, 23 is old enough to know better, but you seem ok. I suppose after reading your latest reply I see you dont need my advice on using this site. I hope you did see why I said what I did, as so many folks use this site for free, only to slight the very company that operates this! And Im guilty of assuming you were too. Shawn, with your good attitude, Im sure any problems you experience will be few and far between. I know the folks at WASCO would like to continue helping you with your taxidermy. Ask for Rick Carter the next time you arent sure of something, Im quite sure he will be able to help you.

I undrestand

This response submitted by Chuck on 02/07/2004. ( ) 24.154.39.13

The last I have been trying my hand at taxidermy too. I recently ordered some things from WASCO. Everything came in except for the 2 pair of pheasant eyes. I'm not one to call and complain. One thing I noticed is that I've never find an invoice in the boxes I receive. If I had the invoice I might have called to ask what's up. I've ordered from them only a couple times. I can understand where Shawn is coming from. When you are new and you don't get what you ordered you want to go somewhere else. That's what I did about the pheasant eyes. I also understand Bill. I know not everyone is not perfect and those young people taking the order are polite and just doing their job. I also know that these companies have a reputation and are not trying to rip people off. I will cotinue to order from WASCO, I just wish I got an invoice with my order.

UNDERSTAND

This response submitted by Chuck on 02/07/2004. ( ) 24.154.39.13

UNDERSTAND LOL!

Return to Beginners Category Menu