skinning coyotes

Submitted by chad on 02/04/2004. ( USFD@udata.com ) 199.0.140.107

Im having a heck of a time Doral skinning a coyote. getting the hide off the body. But anyway can you do a L/S mount by case skinning them my videos and books show me with a doral incision.And if so do you have to cut the mannikin to get the hide on? Thanks for any help.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

forgot something

This response submitted by Chad on 02/04/2004. ( USFD@udata.com ) 199.0.140.107

If case skinning a coyote will the waste fit over the chest since the chest is so much larger than the waste.

yes

This response submitted by bill on 02/04/2004. ( ) 66.250.5.14

you can, as far as cutting the mannikin, it is far better for me to cut the mannikin and piece it in than to do a lot of sewing. I would much rather put the mannikin back together and have less to sew than the other way around, but that's just me, some would rather sew, it's a matter of preference.

Tube it!

This response submitted by The Rookie on 02/04/2004. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 64.12.96.136

Save yourself some sewing. And I do pity you messing with those stinky @#$%! Smell stays in your nasal passages forever. A little vicks under your nose does work well while skinning though.(archives) Have Fun! Jeff F.

jeff

This response submitted by wilson on 02/04/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.48

This is where I need some help; you said tubing would save sewing.
We will just take the fox I did today,,,to tub it is 10 inches up each
leg and 3 inches across=23 inches,,,now dorsal cut it; same fox 18 inches. Old math that comes to 5 inches differents.

That's tube skinning all 4 paws, more difficult on a fox then most but doable.

Return to Beginners Category Menu