Lame Replys!

Submitted by Greg on 02/08/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.231

Its pretty lame when a taxidermist asked a question for knowledge
of the trade like every one else does and you get a reply from some
teen wanting to know if you can mount a human, its kind of insulting
to get that reply and not a answer to the question, so if there is
taxidermists that would like to respond to my question its down the list with title after fleshing and oiling?
thank you

Return to Beginners Category Menu

wow....thats a really stupid question.

This response submitted by seriously. on 02/08/2004. ( . ) 138.89.134.140

if you can mount a human....

Greg

This response submitted by Tenbears on 02/09/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.104

I did not respond to your question. Because I do not use or have ever seen an auto tanner used. I am kinda old school. and too old to change. However. If you have thinned the hide with a fleshing wheel. I would think it is adequate. I would suspect the membrane you are referring to is bits of skin that were left in the thinning process. as they always tent to look slimy when placed back into liquid. If you have thinned the hide. I would think it should not produce future problems. as over thinning can be as bad as anything. If your glue is leaving the mount smooth, the attached stringers will cause no problem, as they are tanned. If this does not satisfy your quandary try calling the auto tanners manufacture. They may be better suited to help.

Hell I've

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 02/09/2004. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 66.242.208.237

mounted quite a few myself, all been females, but they have all been alive too! LOL! Couldn't resist. Dan

Me too..

This response submitted by . on 02/09/2004. ( ) 205.201.41.44

I've mounted a few males in my better days, shop around for the correct form, size can vary greatly!.. lol
sign me
dot girl

Return to Beginners Category Menu