tear ducts open

Submitted by eric on 02/06/2004. ( ) 208.2.157.48

I finished a mount earlier this week and didn't follow up on it like
I should have, anyway the tear ducts are open too much. What do you recommend I do, fill with critters clay and paint what color?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

NOT critter clay.

This response submitted by John C on 02/07/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Clay goes under the skin, you should use Apoxie Sculpt or Epo-Grip seam putty on the outside of the skin. You may be able to skulpt a lot of the bareskin tear duct back in.

dampen it

This response submitted by Cris on 02/07/2004. ( rebel7tn@prodigy.net ) 67.30.27.248

Take a damp cloth and lay it over the bridge of the nose over the preorbital glands for a few hours. You should then be able to press the opening shut. You might try a little super glue before you close it. Try to keep the natural roll of the front part. Next time you might put a little apoxie scuplt on the mannikin there and close it when you tuck it. It won't go anywhere.

repai, deer finishing

This response submitted by Aaron Honeycutt on 02/07/2004. ( mhoneyATmindspring.com ) 207.69.1.171

Couple of good ideas there, I prefer the Apoxie clay for visable repairs as it does not look shiney once finished the way Apoxie-sculpt does. Enjoy, Aaron H.

open tear ducts

This response submitted by eric on 02/07/2004. ( ) 208.2.157.25

I used an apoxy so I guess the damp cloth will not work or will it.

Return to Beginners Category Menu