Cheap and easy mounting stands.

Submitted by Glen Conley on 02/10/2004. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.200.29.170

I just added a page to www.hidetanning.net showing how to make an inexpensive mounting stand.
Later.
Glen

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Glen

This response submitted by Lisa on 02/10/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.137

Read your instructions on your web and was going out anyway so I got the pipe that I needed to make this Man when u said Cheap, I was surprised it really was...ONLY $17.00 and that was from a small hardware store. Came home and already had a base so I fixed it up and it really does work. I would like to thank you for the tip and instructions on how to make one. This one is also not to heavy to move anywhere in the shop I need it....Thanks Again, Lisa

good one...

This response submitted by Joe T on 02/10/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.38

This is how I made my first mounting stand but I never brought it up to the forum because I thought it was kind of Jerry rigged. The one thing I can't find anywhere is a fitting that the horizontal pipe can fit in to with a "T" screw holding it tight so that a rotational adjust can be made easier.

cant find info

This response submitted by bud on 02/10/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.195

I cant fine your section on the mounting stan

You're welcome, Lisa!

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 02/10/2004. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.200.29.197

Bud, just go back to www.hidetanning.net homepage, and scroll all the way down past the other article titles. It is the last article title on the page, TAXIDERMY MOUNTING STAND, there is a little archery target (it's called a click on "thingy" in computer talk)under the title, just click on it and you're there.

found it

This response submitted by bud on 02/11/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.195

thanks lisa..

Wonderful plan!

This response submitted by Chrisitina Jones on 02/12/2004. ( iluvnails@aol.com ) 152.163.252.195

Mr. Conley, THANKS for the fantastic idea! I made mine yesterday with $15 max worth of supplies. I also modified it just a bit to make it more height adjustable by using 2 12" pieces and a joiner, and also used a "t" at the top. I put one 3 inch nipple on one side, and a 6 inch on the other, my thoughts being that I can interchange all these parts and make it just about any height I want, and can use both sides of the "t" to hold mounts!

I think Im going to go buy a few more of these and mount them in every station in my studio! That big ol heavy mounting stand wont have to be drug around by me anymore! Thanks again!

C. :)

Thank you

This response submitted by Robert on 02/26/2004 at 15:56. ( ) 64.12.113.34

for the great plans. One of those, 'Why didn't I think of that deals?' for sure. Greatly appreciated!

Return to Beginners Category Menu