Coyote ear cartilage / flesh on a coyote

Submitted by SeaBass on 02/17/2004. ( bassluongo@comcast.net ) 4.17.147.161

For starters, I checked the archives on this one and yeah, I found info, but I still can't figure out what everyone is saying. This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a difference between ear cartilage and ear flesh? does the latter of the two exist? (on a coyote, by the way). Secondly if this is the first animal where I had to turn the ears, is it safer to leave the cartilage in? and should i use ear liners or do a "bonded ear" with bondo or something like that? Thanks
SeaBass

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Coyote ear cartilage / flesh on a coyote

This response submitted by norm on 02/17/2004. ( ) 206.168.43.138

hello, im not a pro, but, as far as cart and flesh, that is a diff, ears usally have both, there is the skin, hair or not, then you have the cartilage, and some meat near the butts of the ear. and as far as a liner or bondo, ive only delt with liners, just easier, you pretty much put them in and your done,other than putting the glue in. the only thing with liners is some recommend you take out the cartilage if your gonna use liners , which can be a task, you have to take your time, dont rush it,coyote skin is very thin, let alone on the ears, with bondo youll have to put the bondo in the ear and shape them. i guess to each his own on that part.

Yep use earline or bondo!

This response submitted by . on 02/17/2004. ( . ) 141.153.152.93

Make sure you split those ears!

Yep use earline or bondo!

This response submitted by . on 02/17/2004. ( . ) 141.153.152.93

Make sure you split those ears!

i do a lot of coyotes...

This response submitted by terryr on 02/17/2004. ( homsolut@hotmail.com ) 63.85.32.78

and split the ears - you can either use liners , bondo or make your own out of aluminum flashing - since this is your first i am assuming you want to keep costs to a minimum - what i am using now are cottage cheese containers - the curve that is in the 1 lb container is perfect - if you have any ?'s on coyotes email me direct
good luck
terryr

Return to Beginners Category Menu