how much is ok?

Submitted by billy on 02/24/2004 at 13:02. ( ) 216.54.110.136

what is a normal amount of hair slipage? I am doing a dp mount and when I washed my cape I lost about a hand full of hair. is this normal?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Normal

This response submitted by Old Man on 02/24/2004 at 13:10. ( ) 63.241.157.113

That is normal. do your self a favor and don't pull on the hair over the next thee to four weeks while the mount is drying. The cape will slip for 3 to 4 weeks then it will tighten up good. If you are going to get seriouse about mounting you should start to tann. Krowtann is the easies choice on capes I think. It is reliable and produces good results. I have never lost a cape from D.P but they look like hell without upkeep on a regular basis.

God Bless

What?

This response submitted by Hogger on 02/28/2004 at 02:36. ( ) 4.7.219.79

No,no,no! A "normal" cape cared for, should not slip at all, other than what ahirs were already loose and detached when the animal was shot. This would be just a few hairs. Some slippage, even if small, means a compromised cape. Yes, when it dries it will probably be okay if it's not totally slipping completely. But some slippage means some bacteria, which means you're doing something wrong and which means you'll end up with worst slippage on some other stuff in the future. I don't know what you're doing and I don't use DP. I tan with Lutan F. Sorry Old Man, but that's Old School mentality.

Return to Beginners Category Menu