cities tags?

Submitted by davben on 03/15/2004 at 10:07. ( )

I see the "cities" tags for bobcats...are these something that you get from US Fish & Wildlife?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Your state game wardens tag the cat skins.

This response submitted by John C on 03/15/2004 at 10:51. ( )

To cross state lines the state game warden will tag them for you, you need a furbearers harvest permit for them.

Don't need a CITES tag to cross state lines...

This response submitted by Bill K. on 03/15/2004 at 22:41. ( )

... unless "your" state requires it to be tagged.

Bobcats are federally regulated only by international export. I believe their are 13 states that don't require bobcat tags. Ask YOUR state game people.

Bill K.


This response submitted by Sandy on 03/19/2004 at 18:36. ( )

I thought CITES was for endangered animals...... As in a Bontebok that I recently mounted, the shooter had to get a CITES permit before bringing the animal back into the States.

I would be interested in finding out how a taxidermy operation gets permitting from the USDA and/or Fish & Game to allow the ease of shipping game - I find that many places leave it up to the consumer and it proves extremely frustrating.

Return to Beginners Category Menu