dry tann measuring?

Submitted by David M on 9/12/04 at 1:08 PM. ( ) 207.91.30.41

hi i am wondering about how much stretch can you expect from a dry tanned cape.. i need to know the measurement so i can order the form.. i do not want to rehydrate it yet because i have 5 diffrent animals to do and i want to order all the forms at once.. i heard that you can expect 2 inces each way stretch from a dry cape when rehydrated.. any help appreciated

Return to Beginners Category Menu

dry tan

This response submitted by norm on 9/12/04 at 1:57 PM. ( ) 206.168.43.164

i dont know about just 2 inches, i had a dry tanned elk that was 25 and i got 30" after i rehydrated it, i guess i depends on the tan. one thing you can do if you have the space, rehydrate and get your measurement then bag and freeze it, and then let thaw and it will be ready to mount, or just put it in the refrigerator, ive seen capes in the frig for 2 weeks and they were fine. hope this helped a bit.

How pregnant is "almost pregnant"

This response submitted by George on 9/12/04 at 2:19 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.144

You never buy wolf tickets and deer tracks don't make venison stew. Don't PLAN on any stretch. You rehydrate it and you measure it then. That's how much you can depend on, nothing more.

Return to Beginners Category Menu