Help tanning old bruiser

Submitted by JADAMS on 9/12/04 at 11:08 PM. ( ) 24.29.73.206

My next challenge is an old scarred up buck that was not properly stored for freezing. I recieved this buck in a box with no plastic covering this animal what so ever! There is freezer burn on the nose pad , and I still have to cape it. I believe he shot the deer in 2001 also. This buck has a huge fighting gash on his forehead too. Now for the question? After caping the buck out should I put the cape in a HAIR SLIPPAGE SOLUTION of some sort? If so, what do you recommend? On the nose pad should I rehydrate with a syringe and water? Same question on the ears. Thanks in advance.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Order

This response submitted by John Mallien on 9/12/04 at 11:19 PM. ( ) 66.190.42.199

Stop Rot from Van Dykes before you thaw it out and coat liberally while caping (follow directions) also have a syringe handy to inject it into freezer burnt areas.

JADAMS,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 9/12/04 at 11:24 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.241.79.103

You might want to check this article out:
http://www.TaxidermyReference.com/WDSStopRotMuley.html
It would be really hard to top this one.

Thanks John and Glen

This response submitted by JADAMS on 9/12/04 at 11:57 PM. ( ) 24.29.73.206

Thanks guys! I just checked this website out, and this stuff deffinately looks like an answer.

Return to Beginners Category Menu