degreasing and disposal ?

Submitted by greg on 9/1/04 at 5:09 PM. ( ) 140.186.151.57

i am wondering about degreasing bearhides after they are tanned i use basyn tan dle.
I also want to know of a good disposal method for saftee acid pickle
and this tanning solution. I have called the company and was told to use "normal procedures" to dispose of the tan. the guy would not give details and since i have well and septic ihave been taking this stuff to work and putting into a water recycling machine. however i am going to be leaving this job so any help would be great. sorry for such a long post.

thanx

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Bring your ph up

This response submitted by Coot on 9/1/04 at 6:23 PM. ( ) 63.149.216.42

in your pickle to around 5.5 - 7 or so and it will be okay to dump out in the backyard . If you dont want to mess with the levels , dump it in your neighbors yard! I dont think you talked to the right person at the factory on the tan disposal. Did you ask them what "normal procedure" was when you had them on the phone?

nobody knows what normal is

This response submitted by greg on 9/2/04 at 8:55 AM. ( ) 140.186.148.28

when i asked what normal procedure was the guy says "you know, normal" i think he was saying down the drain without saying down the drain. I just dont want my septic screwed up or worse yet poison something etc. Van D's didn't know either?

Return to Beginners Category Menu