Pedestal charges?

Submitted by Steve on 9/17/04 at 12:41 PM. ( steve.scudder@btdinc.net ) 12.177.8.34

How much more do you all charge for a pedestal say versus a regular wall shoulder mount. In the past 5 years of doing deer I have never had anyone request a pedestal. I figure sooner or later it's going to happen so I should probably get some ideas on charges. I'm guessing it's going to be based on how it gets finished out and the time involved, but do you all offer different ways of finishing or do you have your set way of say the buckskin and that's all you offer? Just wondering what everyone else does?

Thanks, Steve

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Pedistal price

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 9/17/04 at 1:23 PM. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.224

I charge $75 extra for leather with a braid to complete the mount. If it is just a wall pediatal I charge $50 extra. The $75 for a table pedistal does not include any basework. Hope that helps!

try this

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 9/18/04 at 3:08 AM. ( ) 209.130.219.205

You either have to alter a form to a pedestal style, plus fit it with an attachment, plus the backing, plus the pedestal itself, plus attach it all. Price it based on all those things. Dont forget that youll monkey around more getting it onto a mounting stand, etc...

Thanks....

This response submitted by Steve on 9/20/04 at 6:40 AM. ( steve.scudder@btdinc.net ) 12.177.8.34

Thanks a bunch for the ideas.

I guess I'm going to have to do a bit of research on all the extra materials cost and see how much more I'll have in it. Looks as though I'm going to have to take a look at one of the pedestal forms to see how they mount. Actually around here I think I've only seen a couple and they were table pedestals with scenery around them and couldn't tell how they would attach the base, wall, etc. I have a doe cape in the freezer and I might have to look into getting me a pedestal form and try it out.

Thanks again,

Steve Scudder

Return to Beginners Category Menu