Taxidermy reference photo prints 29 cents

Submitted by Glen Conley on 9/20/04 at 1:17 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.241.79.206

In the past few months, there has been new digital printers going into chain stores across the nation. CVS Pharmacies, Kroger Grocery Stores, Meijer Stores, and K-mart Stores are the ones that I am aware of that are offering prints from these printers. CVS and Kroger are charging 29 cents each for 4 x 6 inch prints. CVS has stores in 35 states, and also have an online service where you upload to their computer, and pick up your prints the next day.

I have had "several" prints made at the local CVS off my floppies, and was pleased with the quality. The current goal in the electronic world is to produce digital images that can compete with chemical prints in regards to quality of print. They are starting to get awfully darn close.

The past couple of summers, I have worked at putting together a velvet buck reference series. I have no idea as to when I am going to get this one into production. Velvet bucks can make some really good reference material to work from. I got a photo at the first of July that I really like. It has about as much information on a single reference photo as you are going to find.

The photo is a 3 year old whitetail buck. I put the photo on the free download page of the WHITETAIL DESIGNER SYSTEMS website. I also took the same photo and converted it into black and white, and then made a mirror image copy. So there are actually 3 photos on the download page now, it might be a little slow to download for some of you, as I sized them so they would print at 8 x 10 1/2 inches if desired.

If you are having question on ear placement, and location in a forward position, eye shape, and lacrimal gland areas, these photos should help you a bunch. I caught this guy with his nostrils flared, don't go reamin' out your nose holes to look like his, or everyone will make fun of your mount.

Go to:www.whitetailsystems.com

scroll down to the banner that sez Taxidermy Reference Photos, click on it. When you get the Taxidermy Reference Photos page, click on the banner at the bottom of the page that sez Sample Taxidermy Reference Photo, and you're there.

Thanks to Ken Edwards and WASCO for allowing the posting of this message, even though I may have violated a Forums rule by posting a price (?).

Glen

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Return to Beginners Category Menu