Taxidermy Schools

Submitted by ASelby on 12/7/04 at 6:36 PM. ( ) 24.181.90.29

Would some of you that have attended a Taxidermy School
please list what school and personal thoughts on the school.
I myself am interested in attending a school of such. Since
there is no schools that i know of in my area i figure I might as well travel to the best even if its a little farther. Thanks

Return to Beginners Category Menu

PIT

This response submitted by Joe on 12/7/04 at 6:59 PM. ( mt_fuji@hotmail.com ) 207.224.10.213

I have decided to go to PIT Pennsylvania Institute of Taxidermy. They offer a 7 1/2 month training program with an emphasis on business. I looked EVERYWHERE and decided if I am going to go the "Full Monty" that I wanted a longer program. Most schools offer at a maximum that I have found maybe 10 to 12 weeks.
I will tell you this...it isn't cheap! If you have any questions about anything I will do what I can to help.
Word!

Matuska

This response submitted by Justin S on 12/7/04 at 9:58 PM. ( ) 66.188.178.98

I went to Matuska taxidermy school in Spirit Lake. I thought it was geat it was kinda fast pace but I learned everything I needed to. You can get more info from Tom at his web site but in 9 weeks you will have learned game heads, fish, birds, mammals and also rugs. They do have housing available if needed and it is a great location for hunting and fishing while at school. His web site is www.Matuskataxidermy.com and click on the school info.
I hope this helps you out Justin

WPST

This response submitted by Tom on 12/8/04 at 1:42 AM. ( oldeadeyesmith@yahoo.com ) 63.157.140.8

i went to the western pennsylvania school of taxidermy this summer.i have nothing but great things to say about the school and the training.unlike alott of schools at WPST there will be an instructer for every 5 or 6 students.the class sizes are fairly small to insure you get enough one on one.(in my class ther was 10 students and 2 instructers)its a 2 month class and i came out with enough skill and knowledge to pass my Pa state exam the first time around.(so did the other 3 Pa students in my class)one things for sure..reguardless which school you choose...youll only get out of it what youre willing to put into it.if you have any questions drop me a line.good luck !

school

This response submitted by scottz on 12/8/04 at 11:49 AM. ( woodswatersz@aol.com ) 64.12.116.137

Missouri Taxidermy Institute. email me if you would be interested and I will give you my # so we can talk. I went there and loved it. Too many good things to list on here. Whatever you do good luck!

Missula Valley School of Taxidermy

This response submitted by Dan on 12/8/04 at 2:20 PM. ( dluke02@hotmail.com ) 199.141.125.33

I attended Missula Valley School of Taxidermy this summer,and thought is was a very well run school. If you have any question feel free to email me and I will answer any question you have.

Dan Rinehart School

This response submitted by ras on 12/9/04 at 12:20 PM. ( ) 66.192.117.66

I am attending 1 wk. deerhead course in Jan. (3rd wk. of 2005) in Wis. I will let you know.

look out

This response submitted by ze on 12/13/04 at 12:15 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.137

WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT GO TO A.R.T! i would find some one to teach you over a long period of time that is the best way. even schools that claim to be the best cant teach you even close to what you need to know in 8 weeks.

zack

Best Taxidermy School/ Second Nature

This response submitted by Jeff Breese on 12/19/04 at 12:18 AM. ( Jeffrey_R_Breese@key.com ) 205.188.116.137

I decided that taxidermy was something that I wanted to persue and I looked at several different options. My conclusion was that I did not want to go through the trial and error of learning through self study. I wanted someone who knew what they were doing and could teach me the proper techniques. I also wanted to get connected with good suppliers, nessessary tools, and start a showroom. I got everything I needed at Second Nature School of Taxidermy in Bonner Montana. Bill Dishman has a working studio and offers an exellent training program thats flexible. This was the best way for me to get what I needed. I recommend it to anyone who does not want to go through the trial and error of learning taxidermy and starting their own business.

Bill Allen's Pocono institute of Taxidermy

This response submitted by Andy Poupore on 12/27/04 at 1:04 PM. ( littlebuck63@aol.com ) 64.12.116.137

I will be attending a taxidermy school in the near future. I would like to hear any feedback on Bill Allen's school, either good or bad feedback would be appreciated - thank you

Return to Beginners Category Menu