Submitted by Jeff on 3/16/05 at 9:14 PM. ( )

I need to find out who I need to contact to get a federal bird permit
Is this permit needed before I can take in a federal bird?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

U.S. Fish and Game

This response submitted by olatheroper on 3/17/05 at 12:01 AM. ( )

Type in, 50 cfr 21 in the world wide web search engine and you will find what you need.

Yes and look at the blue work "LINKS"

This response submitted by Rerun for the gazillionth time on 3/17/05 at 1:10 AM. ( I can ask but dont know how to search )

Comeon now you found your way here sure enough that thar blue word is a real link.

Doing it for yourself

This response submitted by swampdog on 3/22/05 at 10:17 AM. ( )

As long as you are doing the mount for yourself you don't need the permit.But if you are doing it for a cutomer you will need it. You can call U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services in Atlanta GA.I don't have the 1-800 # but call information in Atlanta they can help you. Make sure you have the birds taged and put in your records.

Return to Beginners Category Menu