rookie needs some help w/ hair slip problem

Submitted by hoyt on 6/10/06 at 11:57 PM. ( hoyyyyyt@aol.com ) 207.200.116.72

hey all,
i have theese two mule deer that i recieved, salted, tanned, and mounted all at the same time. but one of the bucks has a coke can size spot on it that has some slipage. i let it dry and havnt screwed with it. but i was wondering if there was anything i could do to help stop or heal the spot. any sugestions would be great. and the other question i have is the paint on this buck because the hide on it i all grey and mostly white on the face, would i still paint it all the the same as the others. any help is great.im just worried because i hae only done a hanfull of mounts as a new business man things like that i never learned in school. thanks a bunch!
Hoyt
oh yeah one more thing, how do i go about dealing with this and giving this to the costomer since realistically the mount should last a lifetime. thanks again

Return to Beginners Taxidermy Category Menu

cut and sew

This response submitted by Mr.T on 6/11/06 at 12:23 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.88

before it is dryed stiff, you should have done a cutnsewectomy. And you should call the teacher at the taxidermy school you went to when you have snags like this. Paint just like the others, hair color makes no difference.

thanks

This response submitted by hoyt on 6/11/06 at 6:58 PM. ( hoyyyyyt@aol.com ) 207.200.116.196

thanks for the paint tip. i had a feeling that i should have cut and sown the spot but was afraid for more damage. i tried and am still tring to get ahold of my instructor but have not been able to get ahold of him through phone or email. any suggestions for what i can do now? how about to deal with the costomer? thanks agian
hoyt

Return to Beginners Taxidermy Category Menu