Federal Taxidermy permit question

Submitted by Brad on 2/24/01. ( )

I am going to get the Federal Permit but does anyone know if the state of Illinois has any permit or license for taxidermy? It asks for it on my application.

Return to Category Menu


This response submitted by Marty on 2/24/01. ( meshimkus@home.com )

Contact the Illinois DNR. Any branch should be able to send you an application. It'll cost you $25 and they're pretty quick. Once mailed you should get it within a week... I take it you're going to do waterfowl hence the Federal permit?


This response submitted by brice on 2/25/01. ( )

i wouldnt expect it quite within a week. i just renewed mine for illinois and it took about 2 1/2 weeks. but that is still fairly quick.

I mailed my ap on Monday afternoon

This response submitted by marty on 2/27/01. ( )

and received it on Friday. I guess they just like me - lol!

Return to Category Menu