TWRA TURKEY

Submitted by FIRST TIMER on 2/20/01. ( ) 216.251.27.66

I just recieved a turkey from my local Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency. They are wanting me to mount it so they can catch people shooting them from the road. (You know like the deer)I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to make it come to life? (head movement, wing movement, anything to make it as real as possible 50 yds from the road) Thank you in advance and God Bless

Return to Category Menu

Nothing fancy

This response submitted by Linda on 2/20/01. ( lcline@cheqnet.net ) 64.33.161.3

I do grouse every year for our local agent and the best thing you can do is have them standing erect like they would if they saw you.Anchor the skin and tail down well with caulk so they hold up better(they usually let folks get a shot off).I usually anchor them to a piece of wood so they are easier for the agents to place.Pushing wires into the ground to many times is tough on the feet.

Just mount it

This response submitted by Rob on 2/20/01. ( ) 207.51.197.27

Just mount it regular dont spend a lot of time it is just going to get blasted!. Here in MI. I have seen the turkeys they use to catch poachers and they are pretty beat up and they still shoot at them every year. Sometimes even the same Idiot comes back and trys to poach the same decoy he got busted shooting the year before.

Return to Category Menu