Turkey Eyes

Submitted by Jason on 2/28/01. ( ) 209.240.221.132

I have recently purchased a foam turkey head. I have noticed that there are foam eyes on the head, that were molded with it. What is the best way to put glass eyes in? Should I just carve it out and glue it in? Also is there anything else to put around the eye to make it more lifelike? Thanks

Return to Category Menu

Eyes

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 3/1/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.147.148.253

Yes you must take a drill bit to them or a fordem tool and carve out a fitting for the eye. The eyes can be set in different ways,clay,
epoxy your choice. Don't over drill the out and try to make sure that the eyes are sticking out the same length. Don't set them deep. Bird eyes kind of protrude on a bird. Look at reference or a live bird
(turkey pen).

You can buy flex eyes with eye rings. This will aid you in having not to rebild the eye ring on the turkey. But if you want you can build your own by taking epoxy and roll it thin. Now let it set up just a bit not real hard but semi hard. Take this and you can place this around the eye so that you can make your own eye ring.

Return to Category Menu