Pour-A-Mould

Submitted by Rob on 8/12/01. ( ) 128.192.86.70

Has anybody tried Pour-A-Mold from Research Mannikins? I was thinking about getting some to make my own mannikins for small birds. Does this stuff work? Thanks for any input.

Return to Category Menu

By any other name.....

This response submitted by CUR on 8/12/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.93

It would still be a two component co-polymer. It will work, but I don't recommend it for casting other urethane products into. You would be better off with an RTV rubber for your project. Yes it works, but there is a bindery problem with casting other co-polymers into it without heavy apps of lrelease agents, which are time consuming to remove from the casting. There are better products out there. I think you will hae moisture reaction problems with this product too. Better stick to a good tin-cured RTV....

Where to get RTV?

This response submitted by Rob on 8/13/01. ( ) 128.192.86.70

Where can I get this stuff? What is it?

RTV rubber

This response submitted by Terry Vining on 8/13/01. ( ) 216.120.182.103

RTV is room temperature vulcanizing. It could be any rubber that cures with a catalyst without using heat. I know that silicone rubber can be tin-catalyzed. I have found with tin cured silicones some release of alcohol during cure. I use platinum-catalyzed silicone rubber for my molds. Platinum cured silicone can be heated to speed curing. plat-silicone do not produce alclhol like the tin-catalyzed which can inhibit urethane casting. Both silicone types are rtv rubber. Leave your e-mail and I'll send you more info

Terry

My email

This response submitted by Rob on 8/14/01. ( robolson73@hotmail.com ) 128.192.86.70

Is 'Latex Molding Rubber by Envirotex' and 'Latex Dressing & Mold Release' an example of what you're speaking of? Do I need both of these products? Thank you so much for your help! My email is robolson73@hotmail.com.

Return to Category Menu