Plexiglass scratches

Submitted by Susan Thomas on 4/10/02. ( slraderthomas@hotmail.com ) 204.49.71.52

Is there any way to remove or reduce the scratches on plexiglass? We got a free home-made camper which had been stored in a barn for over twenty years and the windows are pretty bad. Does wax work? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx, Susan

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

Plexiglass

This response submitted by Jay on 4/10/02. ( deerexpert@alltel.net ) 216.170.46.201

I've been in the sign industry for 25 yrs. and there isn't an easy fix for scratches. The camper was free anyway so why not spring for new plex in the windows? You will be much happier with the results.

Buff it out

This response submitted by cur on 4/10/02. ( wildart@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.88

There are buffing compounds for plexiglass or acrylic sheeting. They are sold at jewelry supply and other vendors to the trade. Deep scratches cannot be removed. Buy new plexiglas and put a new mouth in that gift horse.

Curs is right, but the polish and flannal wheel

This response submitted by JOhn C on 4/10/02. ( ) 64.216.172.81

Is available at your local ACE HARDWARE STORE. You can use a drill and a arbor, You can even sand the scratchs out with progessing to finer sand papers, then finally buffing.

I make Acrylic cases from time to time along with polish Tail light lens for Antique and Classic cars. This is about all I use, but I have upgraded to Eastwood Company products.

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu