Does anyone know breeders of Ocellated Turkeys?

Submitted by Wingnut on 4/20/02. ( Lukefu@aol.com ) 152.163.189.131

Does anyone know of any person, park, zoo, zoological center, etc. that raises and has in captivity Ocellated turkeys? I would appreciate names and phone numbers or email for the facilities that have them, thanks so much, David

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

The National Zoo

This response submitted by cur on 4/20/02. ( wildart@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.244

Had some captive individuals and succeeded in hatching and raising a few poults. The bird doesn't do well in captivity. The last SPPA report I have is from 1998 and there were no breeders listed at that time. The San Antonio Zoo had a few individuals at one time, but not having been there in four years, I couldn't vouch for current status of this species in their collection. Nancy Mulligan may still be connected to the SPPA folks and have a more current report.

Dave

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 4/21/02. ( WesternWings@netscape.net ) 65.102.168.29

I just found out that when I reply to a posting using the link provided by these forums that it lists my return address as some MSN account that I don't even know how to get into. (I have tried!)
Needless to say, I won't get any messages that are sent to me there.
I wonder how many people I have unknowingly ignored ..... ?

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu