Returning the protein

Submitted by Sean S on 4/25/02. ( ) 209.237.13.100

Do many of you out there take the time to try to salvage the customers' meat from the game that they bring to you? This mostly applies to birds I suspect, but some fish as well i.e. salmon, stealhead...I have used corn meal while skinning birds, but do not prefer it. I'm just curious if many salvage the meat or tell the customer they will forfeit it.

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

In Minnesota It Is Not Legal

This response submitted by Old Fart on 4/25/02. ( ) 64.122.57.84

To save the meat for a customer you will need a locker plant license in Minnesota. Every state is different I suspect.

Meat

This response submitted by Dan on 4/25/02. ( hasslehut ) 64.12.96.41

Oh.... how I love fresh trout....
With the exception of Turkeys,Usually people don't want it back. However, I did receive a phone call 2 hours after a customer left a 20 inch brown, and wanted the meat back, I told him I used borax when skinning it and it wasn't edible, (Didn't expect that call),....Gosh it was good!

In this

This response submitted by steve on 4/26/02. ( ) 216.195.185.243

sue crazy society...I'd suggest that you do as I do. Either they eat their fish and do a reproduction or let me do a skin mount. I don't give anyone back the meat out of the fish or any animal !

I don't

This response submitted by Grouseman on 4/26/02. ( jabratt@citlink.net ) 170.215.11.11

I do not give the meat back to any customers. It is a good practice bacause you don't know what the customer did before they brought it to you. The last thing you need is to get into trouble because you customer got suck after you gave them back their meat!
Later

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu