How do i dye turkey feathers to look like eagle feathers

Submitted by MacColvin on 01/04/2003. ( ) 209.209.204.75

I am courently working on a project(a wing fan) that requieres eagle feathers. I am not of native american desent and therefore can not purchase feathers. If any one can tell me how to dye turkey feathers to look like real eagle feathers i would appreciate it. Thanx, Mac Colvin

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

Why not just buy them ?

This response submitted by b bishop on 01/04/2003. ( bishops@newnorthdotnet ) 209.83.43.189

from Tandy Leather . com they have imitation eagle feathers but if your heart is set on a do it yourself thing, you junt need to get yourself some black skin dye Or the dark brown if you desire and dip the end into this and then paint some on to break up the edge and make it look natural. You can find the skin dye through WASCO- they own this site.

eagle feathers

This response submitted by dennis on 01/20/2003. ( sanjenko@telus.net ) 64.180.21.143

hello.... i am of aboriginal descent and i can not purchase feathers either. it is illigal and against our traditions. all our feathers we have are either given or traded for. but if you are interested i have quite a few feathers for trade. i am a mens northern traditional dancer and always have lots of feathers. email me if your interested.

Eagle feather Literature

This response submitted by Dawn Irish on 02/21/2003. ( irishgifts@email.com ) 67.213.14.10

I'm having the same problem of finding feathers. I went to the tandyleather website, and they did not have any but I found a book on the subject at http://www.nativeamericanitems.com/catalog/item/216890/28313.htm

Return to Current Bird Taxidermy Category Menu