Bird on a wave

Submitted by OJ on 11/8/05 at 1:42 PM. ( )

A few years back, I saw a mount of a duck riding on a rolling wave of artificial water. NOT something done on a flat piece of plexiglass. Anyone know how this was done. I ASSUME the original surface was heated, bent, and allowed to cool? Then cutum build the wood frame to match? Definitely my big challange for 2006! How do you do a pour for water effect on the curving rolling surface?

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

Nope, it was most likely cast

This response submitted by George on 11/8/05 at 9:13 PM. ( )

Taylor's Bronzes use this technique with dolphin (fish) chasing flying fish. The wave is sculpted out of clay, molded, and then shell cast (Bronzes use the lost wax process, however). Painting can be done from inside for translucency and the crest of the wave can be carved to allow the ducks feet to protrude.

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu