License #

Submitted by OJ on 11/15/05 at 9:27 AM. ( ) 64.108.146.33

looking at a recent thread. I'm wondering if I get in trouble if the duck hunter doesnt know his Lic #. Ultimately the warden has to check with the hunter based on his name adrress phone signature I have. I dont need his license # to mount his duck do I. I dont have my fed regs in front of me right now. Sure, having it would be convenient for the warden, but is it required )like name, date,location, species etc). I would rather jot down- "not on person" than have the person make something up. The warden can always follow up on the license issueAnybody out there been dinged on this by a warden?

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

It's YOUR responsibility

This response submitted by dex on 11/15/05 at 9:38 AM. ( ) 65.171.203.142

You had better read your USFWS regs.....It's up to you to have YOUR records in order! I would like to meet the CO who starts chasing your customer around for this info.

Careful dex, maybe YOU need to read the regs

This response submitted by George on 11/15/05 at 12:38 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.132

OJ, you are correct that it's not a FEDERAL requirement. It may, however, be a local or state requirement where you are that I wouldn't be familiar with. Unless that's the case, I've reminded wardens before, I am NOT a law enforcement officer nor do I get paid to provide that service. I record everything required BY LAW on my bird tags which is "Full name", "Complete Address", "Number and Species of bird", "Date Killed", and "Signature" (50 CFR 20, Par. 20.36).

In MY state, after I obtain all that, it IS the responsibility of the warden to track the individual down if there are questions.

In TN

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 11/15/05 at 2:37 PM. ( J32a@aol.com ) 152.163.100.132

The TWRA provides a taxidermist record book, that ask for name, address, person who delivered if other then the person who killed it, species and part to be mounted, date and location of kill, as well as the license or big game stamp#. So I think here if you do ducks regardless of what the federal regs. say, you better have their license #. Like George is saying your state may require them.

Sorry

This response submitted by dex on 11/16/05 at 12:09 PM. ( ) 65.171.203.142

Sorry for ME not reading the regs.

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu