Mandarin Pics

Submitted by Jim McNamara on 11/16/05 at 12:01 PM. ( ) 65.17.191.92

I am looking for some pictures of flying Mandarins for reference. I have exhausted all my ref. materials with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Am really interested in landing poses. Thank you, Jim

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu

Found some

This response submitted by James on 11/16/05 at 1:14 PM. ( james.lee.minton@wood.army.mil ) 155.9.10.2

I found a few on google and msn image searches. What is your e-mail and I will send what I have. Respond to my e-mail for faster response. Thanks

This may help

This response submitted by Cody on 11/16/05 at 10:59 PM. ( teamwildwings@yahoo.com ) 68.11.40.35

I mounted a Mandrin in the landing pose two years ago for the state show and it was featured in the gallary of Breakthrough in the last winters issue. I studied these birds very close in captivity in large flight pens with lots of air space. There flight pattern is very similar to woodducks and there is another book called the Woodduck and the Mandrin that would help. When using Woodduck pics for some reference rember that the mandrin has a fuller neck than does a Woodie and the Sails flip up when desending or asending motion is takin place. I have some personal pics from my avaires I will do my best to find them. Email me if you have any questions.
I will help any way I can
Cody

Return to Bird Taxidermy Category Menu