Noah's Ark Finally Found

Submitted by ALEX ,SR on 7/5/06 at 12:42 AM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

Article and pics here:

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secure/cwnetwork/article.php?&ArticleID=813

Just Copy and paste to your Browser.

What would be of the Bible skeptics, Now ?

Return to Current Events Category Menu

You missed

This response submitted by Brad on 7/5/06 at 1:03 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.132

the part where he says:"WE have no way of confirming for sure if this object is Noah's Ark"

I believe

This response submitted by Dane on 7/5/06 at 1:45 AM. ( ) 4.225.89.250

You know...I myself have to believe. If I am a believer and I am wrong than I am out nothing. If I am right than I gain everything. If I was a non believer and wrong than I am in BIG trouble, if I was right...well hell...I wouldn't even know. What does it hurt to believe!

You BELIEVE what they found is Noan's Ark.

This response submitted by Jim on 7/5/06 at 7:49 AM. ( ) 65.183.171.197

The fact that the article was written by a religious organization(That BELIEVES an ark exists) casts doubt on it's validity right off of the bat.
"Some of America's leading businessmen, an attorney who has argued several cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, and two leading apologists believed the evidence was compelling enough that they made a daring trip to the politically volatile state of Iran and climbed a harsh mountain to see the object firsthand." Wow! Men with credentials like that hardly qualify as geologists, paleontologists, and archaeologists. An article like this, referenced as it is, is exactly why skepticism exists.

LOL IT IS A FREAKEN PIECE OF ROCK! LOL LOL LOL

This response submitted by MIKIE on 7/5/06 at 9:40 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.132

Sorry but all the faith in the world could not make that piece of rock float! LOL Cracks me up these guys are so desperate to prove their point that the will publish a photo of a rock and call it a boat! LOL It really makes the whole Christian faith look like a hoax! Can't it just be enough to believe (have faith) that the ark did exist? That would look a lot better then their desperate attempt.

PS I found the lost city of Atlantis here in the mountains watch for the article soon. LOL

I'm with Dane

This response submitted by Jessica on 7/5/06 at 10:13 AM. ( horseelady_jessie@yahoo.com ) 207.231.119.45

I'd rather live my life believing there is a God only to find out there may not be one, than to live my life believing there isn't one only to find out there is. They said it was petrified wood and tests proved that. How else would big huge cut timbers like that end up way on top of a mountain? Maybe it is the ark, maybe it isn't. We will probably never know for sure. With out hope all is lost

The shape of the Ark?

This response submitted by ME on 7/5/06 at 11:08 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Something is obviously there. Remember that "Noah's Ark" According to the instructions given to Noah, was NOT built like any common vessel. The shape, which is the key point on all of the supposed findings of the ark; is suppose to be Long-retangular. The flat shape would give great stability in a "world of water."

Yeah

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 7/5/06 at 12:40 PM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

It just happens to fit the size exactly, it is in the right location , it is petrified wood, you have to be a morron to deny those are not planks and beans roughed cut.

God is giving humanity a last chance to believe, but as the bible says the last generation will be vipers and they will be unbelievers and will mock God.

Peace

either way my faith will remain in tack

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 7/5/06 at 12:41 PM. ( ) 71.32.156.208

When I get to heaven I will ask God about these kinds of questions. If hes not there Jim can ask. One thing for sure is that what we do not know or understand is a whole lot more than we do.

Yes

This response submitted by Alex Peres on 7/5/06 at 1:21 PM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

I guess Jim Expects Atheist to look for the ark ?

I have a question for all of you, nicely of course!

This response submitted by Not Important on 7/5/06 at 4:57 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Just wanting to know

Why do most if not all of you believers say that you WILL go to Heaven? If all of you went to Heaven, why would GOD have created the earth?

It would make sense that there is a master-grand plan that would include people living on the earth AFTER the earth was cleansed of the evil, bad, people and governments. The dead would be raised and judgment would take place. The earth would once again become a paradise when all people are in harmony with GOD. After all, that is why the earth was created. It is the natural dwelling place for mankind. ONLY the selected few would be with the Lord to rule in Heaven.

a brief answer from my belief

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 7/5/06 at 6:11 PM. ( ) 71.32.156.208

Actually the bible says "work out your salvation with fear and trembling" and there are many similar verses to this effect. So I am saved and I am "being" saved. This sounds like a JW question and if so I would highly suggest that you read a translation of the bible not doctored by your church. God created us with a free will to accept or reject Him and calls everyone to Him thru His grace. The angles all started out in heaven with God and they also have free will and some rejected Him because of Pride and now want us to join them in the grief and rebellion of that sin and rejection. God desires everyone to be saved but only by thier own free will. The angles were created as spirits only, we were created in the image and likeness of God ie. Father, Son, and Spirit who always was, is, and always will be. God transends and is outside of time as we understand it.

Not important

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 7/5/06 at 6:50 PM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

Actually you are correct, Heaven was not made for us.

The teaching of going to heaven can't really be found as such in the bible it is the western churches that came out with that interpretation.
the Bible teaches about Hell and Paradise and they were both located in the center of the earth, one was a place were people of faith went and where no suffering is found and accross an abyss was hell ,people in hell could see people in paradise in peace and happiness and the ones in hell, well they were having a hell of a time in suffering Luke chapter 16.

After Jesus died he went to hell and preached to spirits inprisoned there and then he took them to paradise after he declare he had bought them by his blood.

All these spirits are awaiting the resurrection at the day Jesus returns and He will establish God's kingdom on earth , then after 1000 years, the ones in hell will resurrect and be judged and thrown alive in a lake of fire, then after that God re-creates the earth where Jesus will be as our king forever and ever, actually there is no mention of us living in heaven.

Where is the scientific validation of this find?

This response submitted by Jim on 7/5/06 at 7:32 PM. ( ) 65.183.171.197

Before this thread veers WAY OFF of the issue(Is what was found an ark/boat?), I'd like to mention that a SCIENTIFIC evaluation of the find is something all of us SHOULD welcome. There are people who are trained professionals who dedicate their lives to the study of ancient relics. The reservation I have is based on the apparently UNQUALIFIED individuals who made the discovery and interpreted it's origin. If there is anyone foolish enough to accept the OPINION of businessmen, lawyers, and an APOLOGIST(LMAO!) about the origin of ancient relics, well...I can probably interest the same guys in buyng some ocean front property in Kentucky.

Jim

This response submitted by DaveT on 7/5/06 at 8:01 PM. ( ) 24.32.84.11

We are praying for you, for someone who blabs on and on about greenhouse effect you sure are quick to ridicule something you do not believe in. I am praying for you

DaveT

Many of the samples

This response submitted by ALEX ,SR on 7/5/06 at 8:50 PM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

of petrified wood are being analysed at independent labs.

We'll see when they release the results.

But if it is not Noah's boat then someone has to explain what a wooden boat 400 feet long is doing 13000 feet up in the mountains.
And how it got there.
LOL

its a rock

This response submitted by Drew M. on 7/6/06 at 12:27 AM. ( ) 140.226.180.147

I looked at the pictures and it sure looks like a pile of rocks to me. I tried to have an open mind, but those do not look like they were cut timbers.

ALEX ,SR?

This response submitted by Lou on 7/6/06 at 2:31 AM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 71.254.214.252

So are the fragments being sent to a lab are to be carbon dated right? I mean that's the only true way to tell if (big if) it may be the right boat.

If the results come back that the wood is older than 4000 years old does that mean there's proof the bible is inaccurate or will the carbon dating process be claimed once again that it's inaccurate when it proves your (Christian) religon wrong or inaccurate?

I'm sure though if the dating comes back in favor of yours and others that share your Christian beliefs, we'll all hear "See it really is Noah's ark, a scientific process (carbon dating) proves it" but when someone ask "Explain how dinosaurs fossils can be dated as being millions or years old" you'll say "That carbon dating process just is full of variables and isn't a reliable process for dating objects older than 4000"?

As for the comments about living a life for God and not having anything to loose if there really is no God. I guess the only Spin\laterial logic I'd give you is what if you're following the wrong God and you end up where you really don't want to be?
That would suck :-)

Wrong again daveyBOY

This response submitted by Jim on 7/6/06 at 8:15 AM. ( ) 65.183.171.197

As a practiving dittohead you obviously lack the intellectual ability to differentiate between ridicule and reservation. It's a part of scientific logic to question an archaeological find and the INTERPRETATION of it by totally unqualified persons who have the "intent to identify" before they even saw it. And of course your little add-on "...something you do not believe in." is simply an assumption now isn't it?(LOL) And yes, you take the scienctific evidence of global warming as "blab" just like the other hard line ECONOMISTS on this site. Makes no difference what you think about it though. Like I told your little dittohead buddy pmvhole. Global warming is with us and the international community is working together to deal with it. Your opinion is totally insignificant on the issue. Thanks for the offer for prayer. I recognize it's value coming from a bully who "believes" in slappng children in the face if they disobey him.

Skepticism is healthy

This response submitted by Steve on 7/6/06 at 8:40 AM. ( steve@supra-blue.com ) 4.159.56.224

Jim, but I disagree with your opinion that because the men who found this object are not "trained scientists" that it invalidates their findings.

Remember Sesame Street? "One of these things just doesn't belong here..." A child could see that there is something different about the object. I'm sure it will be rigorously tested.

The Bible does say "Even if one should come back from the dead, they still won't believe."

If they found the rudder and stern with "Noah and Sons" engraved on it, people will still believe what they want to.

BTW, do you know what an apologist is?

Apologist...

This response submitted by Lou on 7/6/06 at 10:28 AM. ( ) 71.254.214.252

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologist

I dissagree

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 7/6/06 at 11:40 AM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

That carbon dating is the only way, carbon Dating have being proven on occassions to be very unreliable, case and point when a Mommy known to have being at least 2500 years old was tested the results came back as 5000 years, in other occassions it has comed back with mixed results as younger instead of the right age.

Anyone who does not see those were wood planks and cut and hewn timber neds to go to the eye doctor quick, I mean just in the pictures youu can see the timber rings.

Yes even when Christ returns in the clouds, amny will still say ,is that him or is that an alien coming down from space.
That is the nature of the unbeliever.

THINK ABOUT THIS...

This response submitted by JT on 7/6/06 at 12:14 PM. ( ) 216.135.29.71

Just somthing to think about there are a million things about the Bible that can be debated.. no wonder all of the non believers are so hard to convince there is a God, we have so many diffrent veiws on the bible. but the bottom line is this, I ask this question to all that are reading.. were does your help come from in your everyday life. Even if there was no heaven, the blessings that god gives me for being a christian on a everyday baisis. and in times when no one else can help you. think about the loved one closest to you dying and you not being able to do anything to help them. when you are a christian you have a personal relation ship with the only one that can help your loved one.. just having that in my everyday life is worth more to me than the reward of heaven.. but there is indeed a heaven the reson I know this is because the bible says there is and I believe the Bible. True faith in God is somthing that you learn through living for God and having prayers answered.
I guess what I am saying is I don't need proof I have it in my heart.
and as Alex said the nature of a unbeliever is to doubt and question
They don't now what ther missing.

Who's mommy is 2500 years old?

This response submitted by Ann Landers on 7/6/06 at 4:33 PM. ( ) 70.151.33.134

Well who's got a 2500 year old Mommy?

yeah OK Jimbob

This response submitted by DaveT on 7/6/06 at 7:05 PM. ( ) 24.32.84.11

Jim you think you know somehting don't you? Well the rest of us can read you like a book. You do nothing but promote your baloney on here and ridicule everyone who sees it differently. There are plenty of scientists that disagree with you and your bunny huggers. By the way, is an egg good for you or bad for you? Scientist can't even agree on that and yet YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL?

Yeah OK Jim, like I said before you will know the truth one day.. of that I can ssure you and like it or not you will bow and confess that Jesus in Lord. And no, I am not the one who proclaimed that.

DaveT

There are many 2500

This response submitted by Alex on 7/7/06 at 1:21 PM. ( ) 66.32.89.172

Year mummys in egypt ?

http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1124.html

When is a mommy a MUMMY?

This response submitted by ANNIE on 7/7/06 at 11:35 PM. ( ) 70.151.33.134

If all mommy's were mummy's, and daddy's were fathers, and the fathers left a train station in Cairo one hour before the mummy's, and they were going 45 miles an hour, and the mummy's left doing 65 miles an hour how long would it take the mummies to catch up...

Return to Current Events Category Menu