Global Warming caused by doing the "wild thang"

Submitted by Ann Landers on 7/6/06 at 2:02 PM. ( ) 70.151.33.134

WILDFIRES:

http://gatewaynet.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1501&idq=/ff/story/0001/20060706/1121086550.htm&sc=1501

Return to Current Events Category Menu

If the "wild thang" is

This response submitted by Ron on 7/6/06 at 9:53 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.106

what I think it is then, me and my wife have been warming the hell out of this planet since we got married 20 years ago. 20 years and and still going strong. Heck, may contribute to global warming a little more tonight.

Conceit is not a virtue Ron

This response submitted by George on 7/6/06 at 11:06 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.12

But it sounds as if you're convinced and I don't guess it matters past that to anyone but you.

Personally,

This response submitted by Steve on 7/7/06 at 8:09 AM. ( steve@supra-blue.com ) 4.159.56.162

I'm beginning to get a little concerned about global warming.

Hate to admit that some of what Jim and others are saying is finally getting through to me, thought I better do a little research myself.

Yesterday when I came outside, it was actually kind of cool. But then it got hotter and hotter all day. When I thought back, I realized this happens almost every day.

Then, when I went home there was this huge electric bill, and my kids were sweating like crazy.

Could someone tell me what to do?

Buy a pool for the kids...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/7/06 at 12:46 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

and pay your electric bill so you can run that AC for yourself or move to the Antarctic.

Great Idea!

This response submitted by Steve on 7/7/06 at 4:14 PM. ( ) 4.252.192.24

I'll beat George and Jim on the land rush!

Another "Dog and Pony" Show

This response submitted by Old Fart on 7/7/06 at 11:56 PM. ( ) 64.122.137.48

Thirty some years ago these same people(the Al Gore types) were blaming man made polution and other activities for creating greenhouse gases that were causing...A NEW ICE AGE! At that time the greenhouse gases were blamed for screening out sunlight causing a "drop" in the earth's temp. Afterall there had been record snowfalls and record cold temperatures for about a thirty year period, since the record high temperatures of the early and mid 1930's. What else could it be? We were also told that major famins would have wiped out HALF the world's population by now, AND we'd run out of oil before 2000.

Its the same old "dog and pony" show, just new dogs and new ponies. Same old BS from the people who "want to do something" about it. Now there may very well be global warming occuring, but it's going to take a whole lot more data and time to actually prove it and it's going to take a lot more of the same to "actually" determine what's causing it. That was the REAL scietific community's position then and that's what it is now. The "dog and pony" shows will continue, you can be sure of that.

Return to Current Events Category Menu