Cecil, you know it's a shame

Submitted by George on 7/12/06 at 2:24 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.200

You and I have bantered back and forth for ages here, and I'm pretty certain that you are like me in not taking any of it personally. I still respect you as the most faithfully helpful guy on here for fish questions. Our politics differ to some degree and we end up tossing darts harmlessly at each other. Something sinister has taken place now, however. You seem to have attracted two really mental midgets in J Best and Kim Mikules who are malicious in their attacks. So that everyone else knows here, whatever I say to Cecil is intended with a grain of salt. I'd never stoop to question his integrity or his character. Those other two have neither in my opinion.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

What's really ashame George is

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/12/06 at 3:37 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

the kind of rancor and putdowns that are allowed here along with the no name cowards that drop in to flame people just for the hell of it.

Just yesterday someone posted pics of vandalism at their shop and a couple of people thought it was funny. Not one person spoke up and said that was out of line until I did. What does that say about us as a group?

Yeah, I know it's Ken's site, but I don't know of any other sites on the Internet that allow this kind of out of control one upman's ship. Registration takes care of the no name flamers, and those that get out of line are warned by volunteer moderators, and then booted if they don't listen. It's amazing how civil the other sites are! You can still get your point accross without the insults.

And yes I'm as guilty as the rest of us, but none of us can claim a high ground and that includes you.

I dont' know Kim personally although I do know J Best. But I'm not their keepers. I haven't seen anything J Best has done that rises to yours or my level of insults.

Breaks over. Got skin some fish out for Jim Marsico.

Flamers

This response submitted by Steve Rotramel on 7/12/06 at 5:37 PM. ( rotramel@midwest.net ) 4.252.197.86

Have nothing to say. They don't know the difference between debate, banter, and immature name calling.

They try to compensate by doing what they do, but the satisfaction they feel is fleeting, so they have to repeat it over and over ad nauseum.

I wonder how many of them realize that the thousands of readers who never post see them for exactly what they are?

George

This response submitted by J Best on 7/12/06 at 10:41 PM. ( ) 64.33.143.6

Number one, do you feel more secure bringing Cecil into this?
I know him well...he's a good man and I consider him a good friend..

Earlier, you labeled Cecil, Kim and I all as sisters, but now you're back pedaling because you ran your mouth ..AGAIN.

This originated a few weeks back in a post where I asked what I feel was a straight forward honest question. You were the first to respond to that post, hurling your insults and "jughead" comments around.

It is what it is - some let it go in one ear and out the other. On the other hand when you try to get at me with your insults, you'll find it's not as easy if you haven't noticed.

BTW, about your earlier comment regarding not leaving an email - you now have it because I sent you an email earlier to discuss this, but rather than sending me your concerns via a reply to my email, you post a new thread looking for backup.

If you have anything further, send me an email..I'll give you a phone number if you like. There has been enough time wasted on this in the forum. I consider it finished.

In case you need it again..it's jwbest_75@yahoo.com

Well, J, do YOU feel better now

This response submitted by George on 7/12/06 at 10:56 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.196

I could care less who you know or what you know. As I told you privately and since you brought it here, now publicly, you can call me all the names you'd like and insult me in any way you think possible, and I'll simply laugh at you or with you, it doesn't matter. But you stooped lower that whale crap with me when you started this Kim like posturing about my character and my integrity. You'd likely not know me from Adam, but you managed to get your Post Toasties pissed in and now you've got terminal ego deflation. That's YOUR problem now. My phone number has been on here for years and you obviously, like everyone else in the world, have my email.

And just so your ego doesn't get pumped back up, that old 60's song "I'll bet you think this song is about you" by Carly Simon, this post WASN'T to you. It was to several others who'd contacted me wondering why I hated CECIL. I told them nothing was farther from the truth and the post was to let others know that Cecil and I don't have any terminus cranial implants of the anus and I certainly bear no bad feelings towards him. Neither of us has ever assaulted the other's character or integrity that I recall. That leaves you way out of bounds.

George you have a short selective memory

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/12/06 at 11:22 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

But lets just leave it at that. Like I said I'm no angel either.

Junk Folder

This response submitted by J Best on 7/13/06 at 12:31 AM. ( ) 64.33.143.6

George, Your email was in the junk folder that I normally wouldn't check..I apologize for insinuating that you didn't reply.

Looks like the public soap opera is coming to an end..lol

Return to Current Events Category Menu