Top five states for deer hunting with you car

Submitted by R.L. Dilworth on 7/16/06 at 1:38 PM. ( ) 68.223.50.243

This data is from State farm Insurance co.

from July 04 to June 05

1. Pennsylvania

2. Michigan

3. Illinois

4. Ohio

5. Georgia

Almost 20,000 deer were hit with a car in Pennsylvania, wow..
Deer in the most danger live in Pennsylvania. If you are a hunter go for a drive. If you are a driver, slow down.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

So true!

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/16/06 at 2:59 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

I've always been amazed at the amount of deer laying along the side or in the median of the PA turnpike!

I've also been annoyed at the amount of people in my state that hit deer when it could be avoided. To me it's common sense when you see a deer near the highway to slow down as they can be unpredictable. Additonally when you see one be aware there may be more than one. It's also common sense when you see those glowing eyes at night to slow down. You'd be amazed at the people that plow on and then bitch when they hit a deer! God some people are ignorant!

But I do realize that sometimes it can't be avoided and you can't always see them coming.

And they say there are no deer in Pennsylvania.

This response submitted by Craig on 7/16/06 at 5:04 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

I suppose they ought to make road hunting legal, lol.

I surprised NY isn't on that list somewhere in the top five.

I know a lot of people who have hit deer, Cecil. If you asked any one of them they would tell you if they could have avoided it they would have. Mostt drivers know the possible risks involved in a deer/car collision and act accordingly to avoid them. It also has a bearing on their insurance premiums if they contine to make claims. Some drivers don't know how to be aware of things coming at them from the sides of the road. Bad peripheral vision.

wheres WV ?

This response submitted by mason on 7/16/06 at 5:30 PM. ( ) 69.89.163.2

been travelin through there a lot this spring and summer and have seen way more dead on the road and live along the road then in PA

Where is

This response submitted by Alex on 7/16/06 at 5:44 PM. ( ) 66.32.123.163

Texas, most nights all you see are white bellies all along the highways.

I drove to PA

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 7/16/06 at 6:46 PM. ( ) 204.116.181.210

a few weeks ago and counted 75 between Summersville Wv and Washington PA. That's about a 2 hour drive. During the winted, double that and add half. Last X-mas we stopped counting at 150 before we hit Morganton. Plan on hunting there next year.

Return to Current Events Category Menu