Who said this?

Submitted by Cecil Baird on 7/18/06 at 12:27 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

I'll give you a clue. He was really into the outdoors and loved taxidermy.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Cecil

This response submitted by Jim B on 7/18/06 at 12:40 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.67

Teddy Roosevelt

Denny Crane

This response submitted by * on 7/18/06 at 4:38 AM. ( dc@boston legal.com ) 218.214.25.75

would have

Cecil

This response submitted by Lou on 7/18/06 at 6:23 AM. ( ) 70.16.114.184

it was none other than that great american Tommy Jeferson. Wouldn't he sh-- if he could see the dope who's running the country now.

Lou, you're just a beautiful piece of work

This response submitted by George on 7/18/06 at 9:40 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 207.200.116.197

Aside from being a religious bigot and a ultra-Liberal, what other attributes do you lay claim to? Actually, you should try reading a little history about Jefferson AND TR. Both were men of principle and actually believed that their word, whether written or stated, was their signature and their bond. The weren't influenced by the milquetoast that surrounded them at times nor the naysayers who never found good in anyone. "Is" actually WAS "is" to them.

Cecil, you ESPECIALLY should read up on Jefferson. He led sort of a double life and much like Bill Clinton, thought of himself as a ladies man. The founding fathers felt at times that he was sort of a loose cannon in both his writings and his actions.

George Santayana
"Those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Mark Twain:
"To arrive at a just estimate of a renowned man's character one must judge it by the standards of his time, not ours."

Lou...

This response submitted by wjg on 7/18/06 at 9:51 AM. ( ) 71.200.118.7

That "Dope" of a President is smarter than you think. A good friend of mine who works in Washington and who's position has enabled him to have about four face to face meetings with the President (both in the oval office and his ranch in Crawford) over the last two years, told me something different. While duck hunting with him last fall, I asked him, what was his impression of Bush in these meetings? He said the man you meet in person is not at all like the man you see in front of the camera. He was knowledgeable on the subject at hand, and much more articulate than what you are seeing on TV. Overall he was impressed. Maybe the President has an aversion to the camera, or is playing to it. Either way he's thrown the Liberals into a complete cycle of lunacy! LOL!

Bush isn't...

This response submitted by Paul Rusin on 7/18/06 at 10:27 AM. ( ) 74.65.23.98

what the media makes him out to be. Recall Dan Quayle? He was a very smart person, but a few simple gaffs, and he was relegated to the dust bin of history. So, he couldn't spell potato, but he knew foreign policy, and military matters like the back of his hand. he understood the nations personal problems better than anyone I know, besides myself. He understood moral clarity, and had very good leadership skills. he also had a communist leftmedia conspiring against him, as did Nixon, Reagan, GHW Bush, and the current GW Bush. These men were not ignorant. They do have a higher purpose to which they aspire. They are moral men, though they may not have always led moral lives. Does anyone recall Jesus admonition "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

Hey George

This response submitted by Lou on 7/18/06 at 5:15 PM. ( ) 70.16.114.184

Why don't you stop licking the skid marks out of Bush's drawers.
Clinton drove the stock market to unprecedented numbers and bush has idled it since he was GIVEN THE JOB BY THE SUPREME COURT.

i'M NO RELIGIOUS BIGOT BUT i DO SPEAK MY MIND WHICH IS A TRUTH THAT YOU KOOL AIDE DRINKERS HAVE A HARD TIME SWALLOWING. You fools will never get it but I do...

Lou

This response submitted by Jay on 7/18/06 at 5:55 PM. ( ) 216.105.216.210

Your going to keep on being a bitter little man, because the republicans are going to walding all over boot lickers like you. Never have anything to say but wa wa wa!

Wow doesn't take long to hijack a thread on here.

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 8:20 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

LOL

Yep it was Teddy my heroe. He set aside alot of great state parks and was a hunting a fishing fool. Until Hillary had them taken down there were still big gameheads hanging in the whitehouse. Bush boy's idea of the great outdoors is to clear brush, and he just set aside a piece of the ocean out in the middle of nowhere. Big whoop.

Lou, I'm worried about ya.

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 8:21 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

You're demeaner is sounding like many of the right ring fanatics on here with the only expection you're on the other side of the aisle. Chill out man. The repubs are self destructing anyway so all you have to do is coast now. I just wish we could get a third party and give both the repubs and dems a run for their money.

George

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 8:21 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Who cares if a president likes the ladies? Would you rather have a gay president?

Oh wait you told us that really wasn't the problem. The problem was Clinton lied about it. I have to wonder how many guys would lie about having an affair if they thought they could get away with it. Hmmm...

Did Clinton really do that?

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 7/18/06 at 9:34 PM. ( ) 204.116.181.210

I was more under the impression that he just happened to be president during one of the greatest growth spurts of technology. The only thing I really remember about Clinton was he lied from the get go, "didn't inhale", and he signed the NAFTA in that has ruined the economy in a lot of states. I may be wrong but... And Cecil, it isn't like he was the average joe lying, he was someone that was put into office by a bunch of fooled people. If a person is elected by the people, he should be held to higher accountability. The only reason he admitted to it was when he was cornered. Never could stand that man nor his wife. these are just my opinions ;)

I can't help you Cecil

This response submitted by George on 7/18/06 at 9:59 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.197

I'm too old to either remember those days of having to lie about it OR of getting the opportunity to lie about it. I will applaud you,however, in truthfully pointing out that Lou has gone off scale like others have in polar opposites. Sometimes it's nice to be stuck in the middle.

Greg what you said:

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

"And Cecil, it isn't like he was the average joe lying, he was someone that was put into office by a bunch of fooled people. If a person is elected by the people, he should be held to higher accountability."

Sounds very familar with our current president. We are being lied to repeatedly with our current CIC. ;-)

I wouldn't know either George

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 10:41 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

The only cheating I've done is in my mind although it was not for lack of chances. It also helps if your wife tells you she will cut your nuts off is she catches you cheating. She told me I could look but I can't touch. LOL

Cecil, when the old lady told you...

This response submitted by Hogger on 7/19/06 at 5:16 AM. ( ) 72.234.131.148

"you can look but dont touch" I think she meant "at her". She's giving you a hint!LOL!

Someone actually married you?

This response submitted by charles on 7/21/06 at 10:30 AM. ( ) 71.34.207.171

Cecil, I'm late but I know you like to see yourself in print so I know you will respond to this...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Return to Current Events Category Menu