A much better pledge

Submitted by Paul Rusin on 7/18/06 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 74.65.23.98

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and to the Republican form of government which it creates, one nation from many individual, and free, states, with freedom for every individual, and state from federalized government tyranny, "nature's God" granted rights guaranteed to every individual citizen by it.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Paul sounds like a pipe dream to me

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 8:24 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Considering todays repubs are doing just the opposite. Bigger government, Feds sticking their noses where the don't belong, deficit out of control, reduced constitutional rights, you name it.

I cant see...

This response submitted by Gina on 7/18/06 at 8:53 PM. ( ) 71.236.215.234

My six year old being able to recite that mouthful...LOL

I might have a hard time reciting it myself

This response submitted by Craig on 7/18/06 at 10:10 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the one we have...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The problem with this country, as Cecil has so genuinely and conscientiously pointed out, isn't the pledge, it is that the Republicans are taking over where the Democrats have left off in previous years, with its destruction. The "R" party has compromised their values to the point of no return and now there is absolutely no common sense left in politics.

Compromise is a way for the folks "in the wrong" to win half of what they wanted and the folks "in the right" to lose half of what they had. Usually the bad guys come back next year to try again, then they get half of what is left. And on and on, until they have compromised enough to lose it all.

And Cecil...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/18/06 at 10:23 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

just what are the democrats doing today? Waiting for their chance to get back in power to screw some things up themselves. How about some more gun control laws? I'm sure that will be utmost on the agenda when they re-obtain the POWER again. It will be a rabid movement though, unlike anything we have seen up to this point.

Craig, the dems aren't doing anything

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/18/06 at 10:34 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

They have no power remember? And as of late they've been handed a winning chance on a silver platter but are too dumb and disorganized to take advantage of it. I want a new party and want to call it the "American Party!"

Why do you guys try to win people over by scaring them anyway? No ones taking away your guns. It would be foolhardy not to mention dangerous.

Cecil

This response submitted by Nat on 7/19/06 at 2:58 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.130

I could go for an American Party .Do you think it would hold all of us?I think what we have now is the Globalist Big Business Party and the Globalist Radical Party .

When you live in a state controlled by the Dems...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/19/06 at 9:37 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

you understand just what their real and true agenda is, and believe me, it is to take away our guns.

If they can do that by making ammo illegal, then that's their plan.

If they can do it by making gun ownership highly expensive so only the elite can afford to own them, then they will do that.

If they can do it by making it illegal to possess a gun in the majority of one's travels and to carry a gun would place you at risk of arrest, then they will do it (When you are labeled a criminal they will take your right to own guns away for life). The more GUN FREE ZONES that are legislated, the less people are willing to risk arrest or license revocation because of being inadvertently caught with their gun on them. Therefore people simply decide it isn't worht it to even apply for a permit. That's how gun control works, Cecil. You can either reject that theory or not.

If they can do it by sueing the gun industry into bankrupcy, then they will do it. If they can do it regardless of what is stated in the Bill of Rights, then they will do it. Just for the record...they would have already done ALL of these things in NY and California if it weren't for the national and state organizations that pledge their time and effort into fighting these tyrants.

Until you live in a state that is controlled by rabid gun grabbing Democrats and RHINOs (Republican in name only) controlling the Republican leadership, you probably won't fully understand it. It's ok though as it is coming to a neighborhood near you soon enough.

Keep wishing for a third party, it's only the pipe dream of some constitutionalists.

Return to Current Events Category Menu