My Name is Mary Jo Kopechne

Submitted by Alex Sr on 7/19/06 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 66.32.82.88

My Name is Mary Jo Kopechne

My name is Mary Jo Kopechne.

I would have been 66 years of age this year.
Read about me and my killer below:

When Sen. Ted Kennedy was merely just another Democrat on Capitol Hill, working on behalf of liberal causes, it was perhaps excusable to ignore his deplorable past.

But now that he's become a leading Republican attack dog, positioning himself as Washington's leading arbiter of truth and integrity. The days for such indulgence should now be at an end.

It's time America was reminded just why this chief spokesman had to abandon his own presidential bid in 1980. It's time to say the name, "Mary Jo Kopechne" out loud.

As is often the case, Republicans have deluded themselves into thinking that most Americans already know the story of how Edward Kennedy, the "Conscience of the Democratic Party" left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters beneath the Edgartown Bridge in July 1969. He left her to die after a night of drinking and partying with Mary Jo Kopechne, who was one of his campaign workers.

But most Americans under 40 have never heard that story, nor the truth about how Kennedy swam to safety, then tried to get his cousin Joe Garghan to say he was behind the wheel.

Today's young voters don't know how Miss Kopechne, trapped inside Kennedy's Oldsmobile, gasped for air until she finally suffocated, while Kennedy left her in the car and rushed back to his compound to formulate the best alibi he could think of.

Neither does Generation X know how Kennedy was thrown out of Harvard on his ear 15 years earlier -- for paying a fellow student to take his Spanish final. Young voters don't know that the US Army denied Edward Kennedy a commission because he cheated on tests.

Yet, they listen to the Democrats' "Liberal Lion" accuse President Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in Iraq. Young voters don't know about that notorious 1991 Easter weekend in Palm Beach when Uncle Teddy rounded up his nephews for a night on the town, an evening that ended with one of them credibly accused of rape.

It's time for Republicans to state unabashedly that they will no longer "go along with the gag" when it comes to Uncle Ted's rants about deception and moral turpitude inside the Bush White House.

And if the Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace around the Internet to wake up memories of what a fraud and fake Teddy really is.

The Democratic Party should be ashamed to have the national disgrace from Massachusetts as their spokesman.

Quotable Quotes:

"What the American people have seen is this incredible disparity in which those people who had cars and money got out and those people who were impoverished drowned."

-- Senator Ted Kennedy, on Hurricane Katrina

Thanks, Senator. Exactly the same can be said about Mary Jo Kopechne

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Well Said

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 7/19/06 at 3:02 PM. ( ) 152.163.101.10

Amen!

Alex Sr

This response submitted by Nathan on 7/19/06 at 4:00 PM. ( ) 71.232.125.78

I couldn't agree more with your post. Unfortunately, New England is full of bad actors on the left side of the aisle. I'd like to make a slight correction on your spelling however, it isn't "liberal lion" it's liberal lyin'.

Thanks Nathan

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 7/19/06 at 5:15 PM. ( ) 66.32.82.88

For the spelling correction, I like yours better,LMAO

I don't like teddy one bit either but...

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/19/06 at 7:17 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

wasn't he drunk that night which could explain his loss of memory? And how many DUI's has Cheney had again? And isn't our president a recovered alcoholic with also a DUI in his record? Hmmm...

Big difference, Cecil...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/19/06 at 9:21 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

between DWI, DUI, and neglegient vehicular homicide. Most people who are charged with the homicide crime (felony) serve time in prison and carry that felony conviction on their record the rest of their lives. This prevents most from running for public office in the US. Corrupt politicians? Someone saved his assway back when, in more ways than one, lol.

Good Point Craig

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/19/06 at 10:31 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

However if you haven't noticed all of our polticians think they are above the law. Most recently Cinthia McKinney of Georgia and the senator from Louisianna that was found with the $90,000 in his freezer. He and others on both sides of the aisle felt he was above having his office searched. I say hell no! No one should be above the law in this country.

More

This response submitted by Mike Stafford on 7/19/06 at 11:39 PM. ( ) 209.214.96.5

After the car went into the water reports show that Ms. Kopechne lived in an air pocket for about 8 hours before the end.After kennedy got out of the water he walked by a fire station full of sleeping firemen. Then went home. Then spent the day boating. Finally,that night was the incident reported.

She Knew Too Much

This response submitted by D. Cook on 7/19/06 at 11:54 PM. ( ) 153.26.176.34

She knew too much about something.
Sometimes what you do know (overhear) can hurt you.

Sounds like M-U-R-D-E-R

This response submitted by NOYFB on 7/19/06 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Premeditated murder would be the "high charge" against that drunk, Senator.

But people like that never pay for their crimes...Do they?

I think if Senator Kennedy were to run for President...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/20/06 at 8:31 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

he might get elected by the liberal ilk, lol.

I don't know if ALL politicians are above the law but I know a few of their actions speak louder than words. I also know power corrupts and that's why our forefathers stated the blood of tyrants and men must be refreshed every now and then...or something like that. The cops sure like all that power given them too and many feel they are above the law. Of course, they enforce the laws that the politicians pass. Actually, if you get right down to it, our prisons are full of people who think they are above the law. Maybe it's just a trait of human nature to push the envelope.

Yep

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 7/20/06 at 10:21 AM. ( ) 66.32.82.88

This whole family are a bunch of El Toro Poopoo, remember this?

William Kennedy Smith Accused Of Rape
VIDEO: CBS 2 News reports.
FOLLOW UP: More Women Allege Harassment By William Kennedy Smith
(CBS 2) CHICAGO Thirteen years after being found not guilty of rape in Florida, William Kennedy Smith finds himself at the center of another sex scandal. The nephew of Massachusetts senator Ted Kennedy is now being sued by his former personal assistant.

And what about the other one recently found guilty of killing a little girl next door ?

This whole family is crap, as most democraps are.

You guys kill me

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/20/06 at 11:39 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Craig,

Ted Kennedy already did run for president. He didn't get very far. so much for the liberals sliding him in.

As far as the Kennedy's having bad apples it's one really, really, big family. I'm suprised there aren't more considering how many there are.

Cecil,

This response submitted by Craig on 7/20/06 at 12:36 PM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

Almost sounds a littel like you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (born February 22, 1932) is the senior U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, having served since 1962. The most prominent living member of the Kennedy family, he is the younger brother of President John F. Kennedy and Senator Robert F. Kennedy, both of whom were assassinated.

Because of Kennedy's personal prominence and his longtime advocacy of liberal principles, he is often regarded as a "lion" of the Democratic Party. Supporters admire him as a forceful and reliable advocate for liberalism, whose personal and political skills enable him to achieve some gains even in an era of conservative ascendancy. His critics on the right charge that he is stuck in a "big-government" ideology from the 1960s and that his consistent opposition to Republican initiatives has caused him to lose credibility. Republicans seeking to rally their supporters often have used Kennedy's name as the personification of the sort of politician who must be opposed, citing his liberal politics and what they see as failings in his personal conduct.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/20/06 at 11:32 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Craig you obviously don't know me well. I'm not a Kennedy follower nor do I respect him. His latest cop out was with his stand on illegal immigration.

Thanks for explaining this...

This response submitted by Craig on 7/21/06 at 9:21 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

Cecil. You are Left, I do know that much, lol.

Return to Current Events Category Menu