Peace through Victory

Submitted by Brad on 7/22/06 at 9:50 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.240

Peace movements are among those who take advantage of the wide separate inability to see beyond rhetoric to realities. Few people even seem interested in the actual track record of so-called peace movements. That is whether such movements actually produce peace, or war. Take the Middle East. People are calling for a ceasefire in the interests of peace. There have been more ceasefires in the Middle East than anywhere else. If ceasefires actually promoted peace the Middle East would be the most peaceful region on the face of the earth instead of the most violent. Was World War II ended by ceasefires or by annihilating much of Germany and Japan?

"Make no mistake about it, innocent civilians died in the process. Indeed, American prisoners of war died when we bombed Germany. There is a reason why general Sherman said, 'War is hell,' more than a hundred years ago, but he helped end the Civil War with his devastating march through Georgia, not by ceasefires or bowing to 'world opinion.' There were no corrupt busybodies like the United Nations to demanding replacing the military force with diplomacy. There was a time when it would have been suicidal to threaten, much less attack, a nation with much stronger military power, because one of the dangers to the attacker would be the prospect of being wiped out.

"But world opinion, the UN and the peace movements have eliminated that deterrent. An aggressor today knows that if his aggression fails he'll still be protected from the full retaliatory power and fury of those he attacked because there will be hand wringers demanding a ceasefire, negotiations and concessions,"

Thomas Sowell

Return to Current Events Category Menu

So Brad

This response submitted by mike on 7/22/06 at 5:29 PM. ( taxidermy@mwt.net ) 207.190.112.39

Being the hawk that you are, I'm curious as to your military service.
Checked the orange button but couldn't find anything.

SO Mike

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 12:01 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.169

What does having military service have to do with anything?

I believe Mike is saying

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/23/06 at 10:13 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

for those that are so gung ho and eager to send our fine young men and women into battle maybe they should at least have an idea of what it's like. Or if you're so gung ho on warefare why don't you sign up?

Presently most of the administraton that has made such a mess in Iraq did everything they could to stay out of the military or out of combat when they were of age. One of them got five deferments!

I'm on a political website where a few posters are really into saying we should invade this country and that country and do this and do that, but when you ask them why they haven't signed up yet they become strangely silent. (These posters are in the early 20's)

Are you Mike's hand puppet ?

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 10:32 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.238

or are you his ?

So Brad

This response submitted by mike on 7/23/06 at 2:51 PM. ( ) 207.190.112.39

Military experience or not ? It's easy to be gung ho when it's not you or your kids going into harms way. You know what I was asking. No puppets here.

So Mike ,

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 3:56 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.136

are you saying that everyone that did not serve has no say as to how we should defend ourselves or how the military should be used. Last time I checked , I am a tax payer , paying for those soldiers boot camps,college, armor, machinery , etc. I happen to support our millitary but If I was against them like liberals are , my opinions would still be valid and free to express thanks to those soldiers.

Brad you don't make enough to be a taxpayer

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/23/06 at 7:01 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Remember?

I paid you way too

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 8:17 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.30

Cecil and I want my $$ back , you were a poor investment to say the least.

That's not what I heard Brad

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/23/06 at 9:07 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

I heard if it wasn't for mama you'd have to find another line of work.

LMAO

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 11:05 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.244

that's your problem Cecil , you believe everything you hear .

Hey ,

This response submitted by Brad on 7/23/06 at 11:07 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.244

your other post is really burning up - LMAO.

Return to Current Events Category Menu