Watch out for new Paypal spoof!

Submitted by Forrest Sue on 7/22/06 at 12:50 PM. ( forrestzoo@earthlink.net ) 76.0.164.128

Just got ANOTHER email spoof claiming to be PayPal. It says in subject "verify your new email address" then says to go to a certain website if you did not authorize the change. If you go there you end up giving them all your info. I sent it straight to paypal spoof address & they confirmed it was not legit.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

It's not new

This response submitted by Cecil - Baird Fish Taxidermy and Fish Farm on 7/22/06 at 2:46 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Been around for a while. One thing to keep in mind about Pay Pal and Ebay. They will NEVER ask you to verify your personal information. NEVER!

scam yesterday

This response submitted by - on 7/22/06 at 3:01 PM. ( ) 216.144.8.70

I got a scam mail from somewhere.info (when I passed the mouse over the URL) -- the subject line was "account access limitation" and in the body of the message it had the PayPal case ID, etc. I forwarded the e-mail to PayPal as a spoof, which it was. Watch out for fake "account access limitation" e-mails.

Here is what I got in the mail

This response submitted by Mr.T on 7/22/06 at 5:40 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.59

I told him to just put the money in a box and send it to me, and that I didnt trust banks.

I am an investment consultant working with Bank Of Scotland at their offshore department Dover House Whitehall,London.I will be happy to work this deal out if we can do business.During one of our peroidic auditing I discorved a dormant accounts with holding balance of 15,000,000 (Fifteen Million British Pounds) which has not been operated for the past three years.As at this moment,I am constrained to issue more details about this business until your response is received.

If you are not familiar with my Bank profile,please take a moment of your very busy schedules to read about my Bank website;www.bankofscotland.co.uk and send your response to my email address or better still end at Tel No: +447040185418.

What we needed from you now is your account information where you want the money to be trasfer on your behalf immedaitely.So start the a/c information as you see it below.

(1) Beneficiary Name:-----------

(2) Bank Address:-----------

(3) Bank Name:----------

(4) Account Number:--------

(5) Swife Code:--------

Thank you for your time and attention.

Warmest regards,

Mr Roy Kumar.
Chief investment Consultant,
Bank Of Scotland.
Dover House Whitehall,
London.SW1A 2AU
www.bankofscotland.co.uk
+447040185418

Too many

This response submitted by Forrest Sue on 7/22/06 at 9:45 PM. ( ) 76.0.164.128

Oh man I can't count the number of times I have gotten something like that too. usually from Nigeria or the likes. I have gotten other paypal "notices" but this was the first time I got a "new address" email. Thanks Guys. Forrest Sue

Oh Oh!

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/22/06 at 9:48 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

The Nigeria thing is a hoax? Please tell me it isn't so!

download firefox web browser

This response submitted by terryr on 7/24/06 at 12:04 AM. ( ) 12.207.33.102

it will not let you even open that type of message and will alert you when the email comes up that it isnt legit

Return to Current Events Category Menu