The truth about the bombing of a UN station in Lebanon

Submitted by Paul Rusin on 7/26/06 at 11:01 PM. ( ) 74.65.23.98

The War Against Israel -- and on that UN outpost...
Melanie Phillips has two great posts you should check out: The war against Israel Part 1, Part 2:

...the only reason there aren't more Israeli deaths than the few score who have been killed and hundreds who have been injured is because around one third of Israel's population is virtually living in shelters. And the only reason there is such a well-developed network of shelters is because Israel's citizens have endured a state of siege for half a century from a genocidal Arab world that wants to wipe them off the map. Today, one third of Israel has effectively been shut down. To use this self-protection born of lamentable necessity as an argument that they are not actually the victims of this situation is beyond grotesque...
Buried at the end is this very interesting update concerning the bombing of that UN outpost:

Retired Canadian General Lew MacKenzie — who is speaking in Toronto tonight at a Stand with Israel rally — was interviewed on CBC Toronto radio this a.m. He told the show's anchor that he had received an e-mail only days before from the dead Canadian observor who was a member of his former battalion. MacKenzie says that the message indicated in effect that the UN position was being used as cover by Hezbollah, who, MacKenzie explained, can do so quite freely as they are not members of the UN and not subject, therefore, to official condemnation. MacKenzie further took issue with the misleading reportage (citing CNN in particular) that suggests that Beirut is being bombarded by the IDF and that the city is in ruins. He said that the bombing is no where near the saturation levels that constitute a bombardment and the IAF have specifically targetted a twelve-block area that is, more-or-less, Hezbollah City, and only after dropping leaflets warning civilians to vacate well in advance of the planned airstrikes.
[via Israpundit]

Some other interesting thoughts on that here.

Update: A comment in the post below:

As an American-Isreali while serving on the Lebenon/Isreal Border just over a year ago in May, our base was pounded with rockets and morters two weekends in a row. The Hezbolah were using the UN bases as cover while not inside the UN Bases were positioned alongside as to prevent us (I was in a tank) from returning fire. Talk about peacekeepers! We all know the UN is a platfrom for promoting terrorisim and the suffering of those who truly want to live peacfully and democraticly.
Update 2: LGF has audio of the Canadian General Melanie Phillips quoted above. Excellent. Really, listen to it. On one of the UN soldiers killed:

We received emails from him a few days ago, and he was describing the fact that he was taking fire within, in one case, three meters of his position for tactical necessity, not being targeted. Now that's veiled speech in the military. What he was telling us was Hezbollah fighters were all over his position and the IDF were targeting them. And that's a favorite trick by people who don't have representation in the UN. They use the UN as shields knowing that they can't be punished for it.
More concerning Hizballah using UN positions for cover in this post.

Posted by Solomon at July 26, 2006 06:16 PM EDT | Email this entry | DIGG This | del.icio.us

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.solomonia.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-renamedtb2.cgi/6633

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 'The War Against Israel -- and on that UN outpost...' from Solomonia.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

We may never know the truth

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/27/06 at 12:22 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Considering the nation that is doing the investigation is not impartial.

As someone that used to load precision guided bombs on Air Force aircraft I have my doubts how a precision guided bombs lands right on top of its target "accidentally." Someone or something guided it there.

That said those U.N. gentlemen should never have been left out in the middle of a war zone with no real mission. Annother example of U.N. stupidity.

Before someone attacks me for being antiIsrael I do believe Israel has every right to go after the vermin that is launching missles in their country. But Israel is very shrewd and pragmatic and the means do justify the endgame to them.

My opinion is that observation deck located on a very high point was strategic for Israel and dangerous if any potential Hezballoh used it in a likewise manner. So they hit it and pretend it was an accident. They also send a message to the U.N. to get out of the way and not interfere. We know how the U.N. turns tail and runs when their people get killed. You'll see it happening soon.

Israel the Kid Brother

This response submitted by Lou on 7/27/06 at 6:09 AM. ( ) 141.158.146.81

Israel can do whatever it wishes, why, because of there older brother who is the toughest guy in town. You all remember the town tough guy who's younger brother was able to get away with everything because of fear of reprisals by the elder.

Big brother takes care of Isreal, gives him Nukes Laser guided bombs Apache Helicopters, the whole arsenal. Big Brother also turns his head while younger brother oppreses the Palestinians. He closes their schools diminishes the worth of their hospitals, jails husbands, brothers, sons without cause. Then when they respond with suicide bombers and rockets that have no guidence systems we call them TERRORISTS.

When the Israelis drove the British out of the MIddle East they called themselves Freedom Fighters, but when the Palestinians fight for their freedom they are tagged as TERRORISTS

In fact everyone is either a Terrorist or an Anti-Semite if you disagree with the Israelis. They always bring up the key words. Nazi, Holocaust, Terror and of course Terror.

It's time that Big Brother slap some sense into Israel they are doing the U.S. nor themselves any good with their actions in this recent scirmish.

One day someone will sucker punch the Kid Brother with a true Knock out punch in the form of a nuke and then Big Brother will be forced to, well you get the picture I believe the word that best suits this scenario is ARMAGHEDEN...

Lou the terrorist sympothizer

This response submitted by Brad on 7/27/06 at 9:20 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.130

How the hell can you live in America , enjoy all that America has to offer and then blame America for all the worlds ills , you liberals are the scum of the earth IMO.

?

This response submitted by Ken on 7/27/06 at 10:24 AM. ( () ) 161.184.196.162

Kid brother has over 200 nukes.He WILL use them if he has to.

Lou speak for yourself

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/27/06 at 10:36 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Your views are a little to extreme for me although I will admit things have never been just black and white in the middle east and we have never been an impartial broker there. I find it interesting Israel has ignored dozens of U.N. resolutions and we never call them on them. However as soon as the other side does Israel screams bloody murder and we back them up.

The truth is somewhere in the middle and truth is always the first casualty of a war on both sides.

Again though, Israel cannot tolerate rockets raining down on them. They have no choice but to do something about it. It's quite a stupid move on the part of Hezballoh. But them again the arabs have yet to show they have any brains when it comes to military strategy.

Cecil

This response submitted by Brad on 7/27/06 at 12:28 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.252

don't you mean Hezbollah has been ignoring UN resolutions ?

Hezbollah

This response submitted by Crusty on 7/27/06 at 1:42 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.15

don't give a rats butt about the UN since they aren't a member. Actually, I wish a stray one would hit the UN in NYC. A bunch of worthless thieves...

job for lou

This response submitted by ! on 7/27/06 at 4:04 PM. ( ) 71.32.156.208

HELP WANTED

PUBLIC RELATIONS: HEZZBOLAH® Public Relations Manager Progressive worldwide non-profit for peace! seeking a dynamic, team-oriented Public Relations Manager to plan and implement a comprehensive public awareness and public relations program for HEZZBOLAH. The position requires: excellent writing skills; a strategic, creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills, sound technical skills, analytical ability, and good judgment; ability to work collaboratively with leadership, peers, colleagues, external constituents, and community members; a commitment to helping Muslims rid Palestine of the evil Jews. BA degree in a relevant field such as public relations or marketing, minimum four years experience managing public relations programs. Excellent retirement plan, dental, eyecare plan, 30 days paid vacation See our website: www.hezzbolah.org Send resume and cover ltr to: smart@hezzbolah.org or fax: (+961) 4-937-485 Attn: Human Resources Sheik Hassan Nasrallah

Cecil

This response submitted by Lou on 7/27/06 at 5:45 PM. ( ) 141.158.146.81

Things are Black and White ! there are UN Resolutions many many years old calling for Israel to give back the land that they stole in the 7 day war. This is never talked about but I will shout it from the mountaintop because it is at the heart of the Arab / Israli problem and until it is settled there can be no peace.

I'm not a liberal and i'm not a conservative i'm a Pat Buchannon republican who calls it like it is and never forget that the region that the Isralis occupy that is more detramental than any other is good old Washinton DC ...

No Brad I don't mean Hezballoh

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/27/06 at 6:47 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

Israel thumbs its nose at resolutions that are not to it's liking also. Most of them related to the illegal settlements and their repression of the Palistineans. I would be glad to provide you with a list if you wish.

Cecil

This response submitted by Lou on 7/27/06 at 7:44 PM. ( ) 141.158.146.81

It's good to see that there are some who don't drink the koolaide.
Israel has a definite right to exist but not at the expense of others , namely the palestinians. They must first honor the 40 year old resolutions calling for pullbacks from all arab lands annexed and you can rest assured they will never know peace until they comply...

You do have a point Lou

This response submitted by Cecil on 7/27/06 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

and it's politicaly correct to stand by Israel no matter what they do.

Politically correct ? You morons

This response submitted by Brad on 7/28/06 at 8:35 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.82

unbelievable terrorist sypathizers. And they wonder why they cannot win elections.

Nothing more to say eh Brad?

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 7/28/06 at 12:59 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

So you just call someone a moron. Typical. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to even know what country is where in the middle east just as Bush couldn't before he was elected.

That's all that needs to be said Cecil

This response submitted by Brad on 7/28/06 at 8:17 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.42

in order for you to understand it , I have to keep it simple.

No Brad it's because you are simple minded

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 7/29/06 at 11:06 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.17

like several of your buddies on this site. You only see black and white. Good guys and bad guys. Like the old Gene Autry movies. White hats and black hats.

You've never taken it upon youself to educate yourself on what's really going on, and to find out things are not always the way they seem, and are usually much more complicated than they appear at first glance. I'll bet you've never been out of the U.S. either.

But hey going on living in your own little world and let Rush Limbaugh tell you what you need to know. After all he's said for your kind not to bother worrying your little heads. He will tell you what you need to know.

I can't do that. I have an open mind and I want to know the truth. Not just what sounds good like some phoney feel good letter from fictious soldiers.

Return to Current Events Category Menu