Is Fiedel dead?

Submitted by The Undertaker on 8/1/06 at 7:00 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.223

We can only hope!

Return to Current Events Category Menu

What difference will it make?

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/1/06 at 7:08 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.86

His son Raul will only take over.

What do we care anyway? Since when did we want to change governments for the sake of the people without an ulterior motive? Yeah, Yeah, I know it's now said we went into Iraq to give democracy to it's people, but we all know it was because of the fear of WMD's. That democracy argument only came about when we couldn't find the WMD's.

The Bush administration already has plans for a "democracy' in Cuba if Castro dies. Maybe he better ask the people this time if they are interested in HIS plan.

We could turn "Cuba" into...

This response submitted by KIM on 8/1/06 at 7:39 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

...a vacation resort. Only have to do some serious house cleaning! Know what I mean? LMAO

It is a vacation resort

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/1/06 at 8:02 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.86

destination as long as you're not an American as you're not allowed to fly there from the U.S. Of course some just fly out of Canada.

Raul is his younger brother.

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 8/1/06 at 9:47 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.249

Cecil I thought you knew about politics?

Raul is five years younger than Fiedel.

Yep I have been to Cuba to BASS fish, I flew to the Bahamas then to Cuba, caught many Largemouth bass over 14lbs, many bass fisherman do this, Cuba is also a hot spot for Scuba diving.

Cuba bought a set of dies to stamp 1057 Chevy parts, the most popular car is the 57 Chevy in Cuba.

Brother, Son, Mistress whatever

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/1/06 at 10:18 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.86

What difference does it make?

Yeah looks like Cuba would be a late model car lovers dream come true! I hear there's a rumor a 30 lb. largemouth was once caught in Cuba.

For All You

This response submitted by Lou on 8/2/06 at 7:10 AM. ( ) 141.151.115.83

Kool-aide drinkers, Cuba has the highest standard of living among it's poor than any country on the Planet. That's right even higer than the new NATION BUILDER itself, you know who that is right !

We haven't done such a good job building Iraq have we ! And do any of you remember the good job we did in building, yes that's right IRAN ! Remember the installation of our hand picked sha .. Oh that was a good one , it lead to the Ayatolla Kohemeni Regime.

The real reason that Castro is in power can be found in the Movie The Godfather. Cuba once was a great Resort Area with Gambling and all types of illegal activity, American Bankers were more interested in tourism than the People of Cuba.

So along comes a man who loves his country and throws out the Vermine and we call him a communist ,a low life no good so and so. Like Sadam he may not be perfect but he does have control of his people and after looking at what goofey Bush has built in Iraq maybe we shouldn't be too quick to judge who is and is not fit to run a country.

Left Wing Lou

This response submitted by Nathan on 8/2/06 at 8:14 AM. ( ) 71.232.125.78

Every time I read one of your posts, it makes me want to hose down my computer.

Lou

This response submitted by J Best on 8/2/06 at 9:58 AM. ( ) 207.118.200.252

You are one sad individual.

How can you make a statement like "He was not perfect, but he had control of his people", and then expect anyone to think that you're sane?

He has driven that country into the ground for FORTY SEVEN years through his communist government so how can you beleive he actually did anything good for that country?

What

This response submitted by Eric Davis on 8/2/06 at 10:26 AM. ( ) 216.118.220.30

Lou,
Why would they be celebrating a man's ill health in Florida if he was decent and upstanding individual?

Remember

This response submitted by J Best on 8/2/06 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 207.118.200.252

Lou, do you remember when Cuba agreed to let the Soviets place nuclear missles in Cuba that were aimed at the U.S., thus causing the Cuban missile crisis?

Was that a good thing as well?

IT is Not

This response submitted by Alex on 8/2/06 at 11:59 AM. ( ) 66.32.121.134

Fiedel It is Fidel, and Raul is not his son but his brother who turned 75 in June.

We will turn nothing into a resort in Cuba, There are 12 million Cubans in the Island , this is not a Bahamas Island where you can see the ocean on both sides, and the we are going to march in and open starbucks on every corner, you need to educate yourselfs a little better.

Cuba was a growing modern country in 1959 the cuban Peso was worth 10 cents more than the Dollar.
It was ahead of any latin american country , due to the influence from Europe and the USA.
Cuba had color TV before Miami even did.

Right now there are several 5 star hotels in the island, owned by Spaniards and Canadian investors.

It will take several years for Cuba to reform into anything worth investing in, even if castro is dead.

Cuban Americans are still celebrating on the streets here in Miami.

Imagine when they announce he is gone ? LOL

To J. Best

This response submitted by Lou on 8/2/06 at 4:42 PM. ( ) 141.151.115.83

You best read up on your history my kool-aide drinking compadre. Yea I remember the Cuban Missle Crisis it came at a time when the US was flying many spy missions over the soviets, does the name Francis Gary Powers mean anything to you , no , I didn't think so.

You see the problem is , we as a Nation cannot tell others how to live and what kind of Government is best for them, that is how and why the whole world is against us in the so called WAR ON TERROR.

It is time for us to mind our own business here at home and that business isn't going so well right now.

I have another question for you kool-aide drinkers, why haven't you been praising old Bushie boys job in Iraq , not going so well is it.

Lou

This response submitted by J Best on 8/3/06 at 12:24 AM. ( ) 64.33.143.37

Gary's U2 went down over the Soviet Union, but this is relevant this post how?

The Soviets had launched satellites prior to him ever being shot down. Do you think they were using them to get images for the sake of topographical hunting maps?

I'll share another interesting fact about your beloved Fidel.

In 62 when the missles were set in place in Cuba, you may recall the standoff, and the demands by Kennedy and the administration to remove the missles. Castro was OUTRAGED at both countries when the missles were finally removed after the blockade, and he more or less lost not only the last remaining support from the U.S, but from the Soviets as well. This led to further isolation of Cuba and obviously was detrimental to the citizens there.

If it were up to him, you or I probably would not be here today, and if we were we would most likey have children with three eyes and one leg.

How you can support that idiot of a communist is beyond me..it must have something to do with your lose-lose mindset..which makes you a..well...nevermind.

By the way..you're kool-aide comment is about as lame and elementary as it gets. Can you come up with something new, to liven things up a bit? Thx

Lou we have done a very GOOD JOB in Iraq!

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 8/3/06 at 3:08 AM. ( ) 12.199.45.223

More house now have running water, working toilet and electricity than before we "Invaded"

over 250,000 female children are now in school, where as less than 1% of the school age female children went to school under Sadman.

Yes things are far better than before!

Undertaker

This response submitted by Lou on 8/3/06 at 6:53 AM. ( ) 141.158.157.124

You must be getting your info via the BNN thats the BUSH NEWS NETWORK. Yes things are just fine just like Bush and Cheyney said it would be, they did say it would be like this right.

A civil war in which 75-100 people die every day oh yea things are just great. And what about all that oil that was going to support the war ( occupation ). Or what about the fraud commited by Halliburton, wasting billions of taxpayers money by over charging on MRE's and Vehicles . You know Halliburton, thats good old Dickie's outfit. I know Dickie loves the war. Truth hurts doesn't it. By the way which flavor do you prefer ?

Return to Current Events Category Menu