Scriptural Proof That Jesus Christ is God

Submitted by Rich B. on 8/3/06 at 1:13 PM. ( ) 74.65.18.69

The Deity of Jesus Christ
Scriptural Proof That Jesus Christ is God

by Pastor James L. Melton

As our society rapidly approaches the end- time events of the book of Revelation, Satan and his evil forces are doing everything within their power to deceive humanity and to condition men to worship an individual known as "the beast" or "the Antichrist" (Rev. 13:1-18). Satan has always had a desire to be worshipped as God (Isa. 14:12; Luke 4:7), and he will be worshipped as God in the coming Tribulation Period (II Thes. 2:3-4). In order to bring this about, Satan realizes that he must first DETHRONE the true God in the hearts and minds of people. That is, he must attack the Deity of Jesus Christ.
This attack on the Lord Jesus Christ is being executed in many ways by many different groups. Various cult groups, New Age groups, and even modern Bible translators have their own methods of robbing Jesus Christ of His Deity. Many young men today enter Bible colleges and seminaries believing in the Deity of Christ, and then graduate four years later with less faith than when they enrolled!

What about you, friend? What do you believe about Jesus Christ? Can you support your beliefs with God's word? That's the real issue: what saith the Scripture?

We challenge you to get your Bible (KJV) and check all the references that we are about to give. We are going to offer twelve Scriptural proofs for the Deity of Jesus Christ. That is, you are going to see twelve Bible proofs that Jesus Christ is God. Please do NOT take our word for anything. Our world is filled with deception because too many people believe what they hear without checking the facts. We urge you to search the Scriptures for yourself, and form your own convictions with God's word.

Jesus Christ Is God Incarnate

Quoting from Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23 says, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." According to both of these verses, Jesus was "God with us" when He walked upon this earth. He wasn't merely "God's chosen one with us" or "God's Son with us." As I Timothy 3:16 states, "God was manifest in the flesh." John 1:14 tells us that "the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..." In Zechariah 12:10, GOD said that HE (God) would be "pierced" by sinners, and Revelation 1:7 states that Jesus Christ Himself fulfilled this prophecy! Friend, the Bible presents Jesus Christ as much more than a great prophet and teacher. God's word presents Jesus Christ as God incarnate.

Jesus Christ Is Eternal

In John 10:28, Jesus said, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." If Jesus Christ isn't eternal, then how does He have the power to give "eternal life"?

Micah 5:2 states that Jesus Christ is "from everlasting", which is exactly what Psalm 93:2 and Isaiah 63:16 say about God!

In John 8:58, Jesus said to the Pharisees, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." The term "I am" is the exact term that God used in Exodus 3:14 in reference to Himself! Jesus professed to be the eternal God of the Bible.

Jesus Christ Has Divine Names

Check these references for yourself. In Matthew 22:42-45, Jesus claims to be the "Lord" of Psalm 110:1. He allows Thomas to address Him as "My Lord and my God" in John 20:28.

He is the "everlasting Father" and "The mighty God" of Isaiah 9:6.

According to His own words in John 10:11-14, He is the "shepherd" of Psalm 23:1, Psalm 80:1, and Ezekiel 34:12.

God is the "saviour" in Isaiah 43:3, 43:11, 45:15, 45:21, Hosea 13:4, Luke 1:47, and I Timothy 4:10, yet this same title is given to Jesus Christ in Luke 2:11, Philippians 3:20, II Timothy 1:10, and II Peter 2:20.

God is the "Rock" of Deuteronomy 32:4, 32:15, 32:18, 32:30-31, I Samuel 2:2, and Psalm 18:31, yet this title is given to the Lord Jesus Christ in I Corinthians 10:1-4, I Peter 2:7-8, and Romans 9:33.

God is "light" in Psalm 27:1 and Micah 7:8, and then Jesus is "light" in John 1:4-9 and in John 8:12.

In Isaiah 44:6 God says, "...I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." In Revelation 1:17 Jesus Christ says, "...Fear not; I am the first and the last."

The Scriptures are clear: Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament.

Jesus Claimed Equality with God

Jesus says in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" If Jesus Christ isn't Deity, then why did He include Himself in the Holy Trinity?

Jesus says in John 14:9, "...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" Is the Father someone other than Jesus Christ? No, not according to Jesus Christ.

In John 10:30, Jesus says, "I and my Father are one." Isn't that clear enough?

Philippians 2:6 says that Jesus was in the "form of God", and that he thought it not robbery to be "equal with God"!

The Jesus Christ of the New Testament claimed to be "one" with God and "equal" with God.

Jesus Christ is Omnipresent

Only God has the ability to be everywhere at once, yet Jesus Christ claims this ability.

In Matthew 18:20, He says, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." How could this be possible if Jesus were not Deity?

The same is true in Matthew 28:20 where Jesus says, "...lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." How could He be with each individual Christian always and be in Heaven at the same time? He is God, for only God has such attributes!

Jesus Christ Is Omnipotent

That is, He is all powerful. He has all power.

Revelation 19:6 states, "...the Lord God omnipotent reigneth." Then I Timothy 6:15 says that Jesus Christ Himself is "...the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;" If Jesus is the ONLY Potentate, then He must be the One of Revelation 19:6, God Almighty!

Also see Colossians 2:9-10, Revelation 2:26, and Matthew 28:18.

Jesus Christ Is Omniscient

To be omniscient is to have all knowledge, unlike normal men. The Bible declares that Jesus was indeed omniscient.

Unlike normal men, Jesus Christ had knowledge of specific details about His own death. In Matthew 16:21, Jesus said that He would go to Jerusalem, suffer many things at the hands of the scribes and the elders, be killed, and then be resurrected the third day. He repeats this prophecy in Matthew 20:19.

Matthew 17:27 offers the account of Jesus knowing of a certain coin in a fish's mouth before the fish is caught!

He knew specific details about a woman's life whom He had never met (John 4:16-19). He also had all knowledge about Nathaniel in John 1:47-49.

Friend, Jesus Christ is Deity because He is omniscient.

Jesus Christ Has Creative Powers

John 1:1-3 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." The "Word" is the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:14; I John 1:1-3; 5:7), and John 1:3 says that all things were made by Him!

Colossians 1:16 says, "...by him were all things created..." Consider Hebrews 1:1-3: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" You see, by Jesus Christ the worlds were made, and by Jesus Christ all things are upheld. He has the power to create and sustain the universe.

Jesus Christ Has Power Over the Elements of Nature

In Matthew 14:25, Jesus literally walks upon the sea, and in Luke 8:24, He rebukes the wind and it obeys Him. How could He perform such tasks if He weren't God? It must be understood that Jesus didn't pray for God to calm the sea; He calmed the sea Himself.

Jesus Christ Received Worship

If we're wrong in teaching that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, then He must have been wrong in allowing people to worship him. Jesus Himself said, "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." (Mat. 4:10) Why would He say this at the beginning of His ministry and then spend His ministry allowing people to worship HIM?

In Acts 10:25-26, and in Revelation 19:10, worship of anyone other than God Himself is forbidden, yet Jesus willingly received worship throughout His public ministry (John 20:28; Mat. 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 28:9; John 9:38). If He isn't Deity, then why didn't He correct those who worshipped Him?

Jesus Christ Forgave Sins

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." (Jer. 31:34) According to these words, it is GOD Who has the power and right to forgive sins. However, the New Testament says that Jesus Christ has this power.

Please notice Mark 2:5-11: "When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house."

Jesus Christ is God, because only God can forgive sins. It's true that He took on the form of a man for thirty-three years on this earth, but He was still God. He was God manifest in the flesh (I Tim. 3:16).

Jesus Christ Had Power Over His Own Life and Death

How many people do you know who have the ability to lay down their own life and then take it up again? Jesus had this power.

Consider John 10:17-18: "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Jesus had the power over His own life and death! When He died, He willingly gave up His own spirit (Luke 23:46).

According to His own words in Revelation 1:18, Jesus Christ has "the keys of hell and of death." How could He possibly have such power if He were not God?

Friend, make no mistake about it: the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity. He came to this earth and suffered in human flesh for thirty-three years. He lived a perfectly sinless life, and then laid that life down as an eternal payment for your sins. Mohammed didn't pay for your sins, because Mohammed wasn't God. Buddha didn't pay for your sins, because Buddha wasn't God. You can't pay for your sins, because you aren't God. Only Jesus Christ is sinless, because only Jesus Christ is God. He Alone can save your soul from the eternal fires of Hell.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Friend, do you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour? Have you been born again? If not, be sure and call or write today for your free copy of Understanding God's Salvation Plan. Nothing in your life is more important than your eternal destiny, and no one can help you more than the Lord Jesus Christ.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

RICH B, You have a choice to make-- but it is YOURS

This response submitted by KIM on 8/3/06 at 3:40 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Do you rely on YOUR research and hard work or do you depend on ONLY what others tell you? Make no mistake, Jesus is a powerful God. "But there IS one greater than he." As you dive deeper into what GOD's Kingdom is and his purpose for Mankind, hopefully you will begin to KNOW where all of the pieces fall and HOW they are put together. I mean you no ill will. As you read and learn your should prosper.. The choice and adventure is yours to walk...KIM

First of all, you have the freedom to choose what to believe and what not to believe. You than take that choice and freedom you have and go about your life according to your beliefs whether they are based on actual facts, misinterpretations, lies, deceit or whatever.

The world has many paths for you to follow...you are taking so much out of context. YOU have to READ everything in the Bible and see how it flows together. If only ONE THING is wrong or a lie in the Bible, than all things are cast in doubt. But, as you may already know, all things have proven true up to this date in time. Of course, you have to study to know this. If not, all of the point—counter point discussion is for nothing.

Second: You miss the points. Many, many times, Jesus states that there is a difference between he who sent him and the Christ. Reread the facts below. Do you not know that Jesus was his father's DIRECT representative on earth? Do you know what the word "BEGOTTON) means? (Forget the modern dictionary as it isn't going to help you). Jesus IS A God. But, there is ONE GREATER than him. What is so hard to understand about that? Again, look at the MANY examples.

You must first study the ancient manuscripts and language and you will know what specific dialect and choice of words used. How many languages do you speak and study that is thousands of years old? Anything that is remotely close to Aramaic or Hebrew? There are so many examples to show that there is a difference. As you truly study, you will prove to yourself that what FACTS stated below from the Bible are accurate.

If you pick and choose only what feels comfortable to you (as most of the worldly people do) so as not to ruffle any feathers so to speak, then you have chosen your path in life that is along side of the world which is under control of the wicked one.

NO person can prove anything to you. YOU as an individual must choose to do your own research and not rely on what this minister, pastor, reverend, priest or any other fancy "titled) person says. IF you are true of heart and desire the "truth), GOD will reveal it to you.

I wish you well in your adventures in life...

JESUS often prayed to God, whom he called Father, and he also taught others to do so. (Matthew 6:9-11; Luke 11:1, 2) In prayer with his apostles—only hours before his death—Jesus petitioned: "Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you. This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.)—John 17:1, 3.

Notice that Jesus prays to One whom he calls "the only true God.) He points to God's superior position when he continues: "So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.) (John 17:5) Since Jesus prayed to God requesting to be alongside God, how could Jesus at the same time be "the only true God)? Let us examine this matter.

Jesus' Position in Heaven
A few hours after this prayer, Jesus was executed. But he was not dead for long—only from Friday afternoon till Sunday morning. (Matthew 27:57-28:6) "This Jesus God resurrected,) the apostle Peter reports, "of which fact we are all witnesses.) (Acts 2:31, 32) Could Jesus have resurrected himself? No, according to the Bible, the dead "are conscious of nothing at all.) (Ecclesiastes 9:5) "The only true God,) Jesus' heavenly Father, resurrected his Son.—Acts 2:32; 10:40.

A short time afterward, Jesus' disciple Stephen was killed by religious persecutors. As they were about to stone him, Stephen was granted a vision. He stated: "Look! I behold the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God's right hand.) (Acts 7:56) Jesus, "the Son of man,) was thus seen by Stephen in a role supportive to God in heaven—"at God's right hand)—even as he had been ‘alongside God' before he came to earth.—John 17:5.

Later, after Stephen's execution, Jesus made a miraculous appearance to Saul, better known by his Roman name, Paul. (Acts 9:3-6) When Paul was in Athens, Greece, he spoke of "the God that made the world and all the things in it.) He said that this God, the "only true God,) will "judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead.) (Acts 17:24, 31) Here the apostle Paul described Jesus as "a man)—yes, lesser than God—whom God had restored to life in heaven.

The apostle John too described Jesus as subordinate to God. John said that he had written his Gospel so that readers might come to believe that "Jesus is the Christ the Son of God)—not that he was God. (John 20:31) John also received a heavenly vision in which he saw "the Lamb,) who in his Gospel is identified as Jesus. (John 1:29) The Lamb is standing with 144,000 others, who John says "have been bought [or resurrected] from the earth.) John explains that the 144,000 have the Lamb's "name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.)—Revelation 14:1, 3.

Could "the Lamb) be the same as "his Father)? Clearly not. In the Bible they are distinct. They even have different names.

Name of the Lamb and of the Father
As we have just seen, the name given to God's Son, the Lamb, is Jesus. (Luke 1:30-32) What about his Father's name? It appears in the Bible thousands of times. For example, Psalm 83:18 says: "You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.) Sadly, God's name, Jehovah, has been replaced in many Bible translations by the terms "LORD) and "GOD,) often spelled in all capital letters. The capitals are supposed to distinguish Jehovah from others called gods or lords.* Yet, in many Bible translations, the Divine Name has been restored to its rightful place.

The English-language American Standard Version (1901) is a notable example of a Bible translation that has restored God's name, Jehovah, to its rightful place. Its preface observes: "The American Revisers, after a careful consideration, were brought to the unanimous conviction that a Jewish superstition, which regarded the Divine Name as too sacred to be uttered, ought no longer to dominate in the English or any other version of the Old Testament, as it fortunately does not in the numerous versions made by modern missionaries.)

The Trinity—Whose Teaching?
What, then, about the teaching that Jehovah and Jesus are, in effect, the same God, as the Trinity doctrine proclaims? In its issue of April-June 1999, The Living Pulpit magazine defined the Trinity this way: "There is one God and Father, one Lord Jesus Christ, and one Holy Spirit, three ‘persons' . . . who are the same or one in essence . . . ; three persons equally God, possessing the same natural properties, yet really distinct, known by their personal characteristics.)#

Where did this complex Trinity teaching originate? The Christian Century, in its May 20-27, 1998, issue, quotes a pastor who acknowledges that the Trinity is "a teaching of the church rather than a teaching of Jesus.) Even though the Trinity is not a teaching of Jesus, is it consistent with what he taught?

The Father—Superior to the Son
Jesus taught his disciples to pray: "Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.) Our heavenly Father, whose name is Jehovah, is described in the Bible as being superior to his Son. For example, Jehovah is "from everlasting to everlasting.) But the Bible says that Jesus is "the firstborn of every creature.) That Jehovah is greater than Jesus, Jesus himself taught when he said: "My Father is greater than I.) (Matthew 6:9; Psalm 90:1, 2; Colossians 1:15; John 14:28, King James Version) Yet, the Trinity doctrine holds that the Father and the Son are "equally God.)

The Father's superiority over the Son, as well as the fact that the Father is a separate person, is highlighted also in the prayers of Jesus, such as the one before his execution: "Father, if you wish, remove this cup [that is, an ignominious death] from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.) (Luke 22:42) If God and Jesus are "one in essence,) as the Trinity doctrine says, how could Jesus' will, or wish, seem different from that of his Father?—Hebrews 5:7, 8; 9:24.

Furthermore, if Jehovah and Jesus were the same, how could one of them be aware of things of which the other was not? Jesus, for instance, said regarding the time of the world's judgment: "Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.)—Mark 13:32.

The Trinity and the Church
The Trinity is not a teaching of Jesus or of the early Christians. As noted previously, it is "a teaching of the church.) In its 1999 issue on the Trinity, The Living Pulpit observed: "Sometimes, it seems that everyone assumes that the doctrine of the trinity is standard Christian theological fare,) but it added that it is not "a biblical idea.)

The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) discusses the Trinity at length and admits: "The Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.)

Martin Werner, as professor at the University of Bern, Switzerland, observed: "Wherever in the New Testament the relationship of Jesus to God, the Father, is brought into consideration, whether with reference to his appearance as a man or to his Messianic status, it is conceived of and represented categorically as subordination.) Clearly, what Jesus and the early Christians believed is far different from the Trinity teaching of churches today. From where, then, did this teaching come?

The Trinity's Early Origins
The Bible tells of many gods and goddesses that people worshiped, including Ashtoreth, Milcom, Chemosh, and Molech. (1 Kings 11:1, 2, 5, 7) Even many people in the ancient nation of Israel once believed that Baal was the true God. So Jehovah's prophet Elijah presented the challenge: "If Jehovah is the true God, go following him; but if Baal is, go following him.)—1 Kings 18:21.

The worship of pagan gods grouped in threes, or triads, was also common before Jesus was born. "From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity,) observed historian Will Durant. In the Encyclopædia of Religion and Ethics, James Hastings wrote: "In Indian religion, e.g., we meet with the trinitarian group of Brahma, Siva, and Visnu; and in Egyptian religion with the trinitarian group of Osiris, Isis, and Horus.)

So there are many gods. Did early Christians acknowledge this? And did they view Jesus as Almighty God?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* See, for example, Psalm 110:1 in the King James Version. Both Jesus and Peter quoted this verse.—Matthew 22:42-45; Acts 2:34-36.

# The Athanasian Creed, formulated a few hundred years after the death of Jesus, defined the Trinity this way: "The Father is God: the Son is God: and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods: but one God.)

WHEN the apostle Paul healed a lame man in Lystra, the people shouted: "The gods have become like humans and have come down to us!) Paul they called Hermes, and his companion Barnabas, Zeus. (Acts 14:8-14) In Ephesus the silversmith Demetrius warned that if Paul was allowed to continue to preach, ‘the temple of the great goddess Artemis would be esteemed as nothing.'—Acts 19:24-28.

People in the first century—like many today—worshiped "those who are called ‘gods,' whether in heaven or on earth.) Paul, in fact, said: "There are many ‘gods' and many ‘lords'.) However, he also explained: "There is actually to us one God the Father,) and "there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.)—1 Corinthians 8:5, 6.

The people of Lystra were inclined to call Paul and Barnabas gods
Was Jesus Also Called God?
Although Jesus never claimed to be God, as Jehovah's appointed ruler he is identified in Isaiah's prophecy by the terms "Mighty God) and "Prince of Peace.) Isaiah's prophecy adds: "To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end.) (Isaiah 9:6, 7) So, as the "Prince)—the son of the Great King, Jehovah—Jesus will serve as Ruler of the heavenly government of "God Almighty.)—Exodus 6:3.

Yet, a person may ask, ‘In what sense is Jesus a "Mighty God,) and didn't the apostle John say that Jesus is himself God?' In the King James version of the Bible, John 1:1 reads: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.) Some argue that this means that "the Word,) who was born on earth as the baby Jesus, is Almighty God himself. Is this true?

If this verse were interpreted to mean Jesus was himself God Almighty, it would contradict the preceding statement, "the Word was with God.) Someone who is "with) another person cannot be the same as that other person. Many Bible translations thus draw a distinction, making clear that the Word was not God Almighty. For example, a sampling of Bible translations say the following: "The Word was a God,) "a god was the Word,) and "the Word was divine.)*

Bible verses that in the Greek language have a construction similar to that of John 1:1 use the expression "a god.) For example, when referring to Herod Agrippa I, the crowds shouted: ‘It is a god speaking.' And when Paul survived a bite by a poisonous snake, the people said: "He is a god.) (Acts 12:22; 28:3-6) It is in harmony with both Greek grammar and Bible teaching to speak of the Word as, not God, but "a god.)—John 1:1.

Consider how John identified "the Word) in the first chapter of his Gospel. "The Word became flesh and resided among us,) he wrote, "and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs [not to God but] to an only-begotten son from a father.) So "the Word,) who became flesh, lived on the earth as the man Jesus and was seen by people. Therefore, he could not have been Almighty God, regarding whom John says: "No man has seen God at any time.)—John 1:14, 18.

‘Why, then,' one may ask, ‘did Thomas exclaim when seeing the resurrected Jesus, "My Lord and my God!)?' As already noted, Jesus is a god in the sense of being divine, but he is not the Father. Jesus had just told Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.) Remember, too, why John wrote his Gospel. Three verses after the account about Thomas, John explained that he wrote so that people "may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God)—not that he is God.—John 20:17, 28, 31.

Jesus told Mary Magdalene: ‘I am ascending to my God and your God'
Who Is "the God of This World)?
Clearly, there are many gods. Some, as we have seen, are named in the Bible. Yet, people who saw Jehovah's power long ago exclaimed: "Jehovah is the true God! Jehovah is the true God!) (1 Kings 18:39) Another god, however, also has power. The Bible says: "The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not.)—2 Corinthians 4:4, King James Version.

The night before his death, Jesus three times warned his disciples about this god, calling him "the ruler of this world.) Jesus said this powerful ruler, or god, "will be cast out.) (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11) Who is this god, and what is the world over which he is the ruler?

He is none other than the rebel angel, Satan the Devil. How do we know? The Bible explains that when Satan tempted Jesus, Satan showed him "all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: ‘All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.') (Matthew 4:8, 9) This offer would not have been a temptation at all if Satan had been offering Jesus what Satan did not possess. Indeed, the apostle John declared: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.)—1 John 5:19.

Recall that Jesus promised: "The ruler of this world will be cast out.) (John 12:31) In fact, this world, or system of things, along with its ruler, will be removed, as foretold by the apostle John when he stated: "The world is passing away.) However, John added: "He that does the will of God remains forever.) (1 John 2:17)

I have to respond to this garbage post of Kim's

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/3/06 at 5:10 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

Kim what a bunch of twisted crap! Jesus IS GOD the Father, the first and the last, begotten not made, the Alpha and Omega. In the beginning "let US" This is beyond all dispute and twisted logic from this weak cult site cut and paste nonsense. Just enough truth from this to sound good and then dam any idiot that dumb enough to swallow it. Is it that you do not know Church or bible history, old and new testament, or you just do not care or both or something else worse? How sad.

Its a bible no brainer basic

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/3/06 at 6:16 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

and the foundation belief of all Christainity. All you really have to do is look up the words "I AM" and then reference that title to every time it is used in both the old and new testaments both by God and Jesus as applying to themselves alone as God alone. The words and title "I AM" is the sacred title researved for God alone and it IS the reason the Jewish leaders wanted to kill Jesus because he applied that title to Himself. The Jews were not even aloud to speak this title outloud and never write it unless under special conditions! Only God alone could be the "perfect lamb of God" The "I AM"

taxidermy

This response submitted by bob on 8/3/06 at 7:14 PM. ( ) 205.188.117.71

First you skin it, then clean it and then you mount it. Thanks for the taxidermy question you asked on our taxidermy web site. hope my answer helped. Good day and god bless

The truth will be known

This response submitted by DaveT on 8/3/06 at 8:02 PM. ( ) 24.32.84.11

All I have to say to the "cute" ones is that you will not escape the truth no matter what you say. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. The only question is will you do while you are under Grace (limited time offer) or under the Law and Judgement. Either way, it's going to happen.

DaveT

Well there you go Jim Marsico, you spoke your peice!

This response submitted by KIM on 8/3/06 at 8:03 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

The bottom line is this: Without a common frame of reference, there is no sense in trying to freely give you knowledge and information as you reject anything that could upset your beliefs and traditions. You must want to know the truth and be willing to listen and research all things your self. Very few people do so. Most just follow the party line just like politics and prefer to debate and argue (both are non-productive). What a shame!

Twisted information? LMAO You think "I am" is a name? LOL .
Notice how you attack? Notice that with the simple evidence in front of you, you deny the facts. PROVE what was said is wrong... You can't. Read it yourself in the Bible. Read it yourself in the original scrolls and reference the key words. Go ahead and do so. When you are finished, get back to me.

***Now, I did not set out being spiteful or anything like that. You exercise your freedom of choice and that should be the end of it, right? I am not pushing anything on you. YOU make yourself feel that way. Could it be guilt or just not having the accurate information?

The facts are that GOD is there for anybody that humbles their self and is willing to learn the truth. It is apparent that you have made your choice and will follow your own path as long as you have supporters. Don't worry, you have millions of people that take the easy path of least resistance with little or no research to back up their claims. It is ok. You will not be alone.

***I really do wish you well and good health. I will not bad mouth or attack you as is so prevalent among most religions and the people that support them. ...AND it is starting to show from you and others.

You have a nice evening...KIM

It would be reasonable that any god who has personality would need a personal name to distinguish him from other gods with names of their own. It would preferably be a name designated by the god himself, rather than a name coined by his worshipers.

In this regard, however, a very puzzling fact emerges. While most well-established religions ascribe personal names to their gods, Jews and mainstream churches of Christendom have failed to identify by a distinctive personal name the god that they worship. Instead, they resort to such titles as Lord, God, Almighty, and Father.

Writing in the publication Theology, author David Clines stated the following: "Somewhere between the fifth and the second centuries B.C. a tragic accident befell God: he lost his name. More exactly, Jews gave up using God's personal name Yahweh, and began to refer to Yahweh by various periphrases: God, the Lord, the Name, the Holy One, the Presence, even the Place. Even where Yahweh was written in the Biblical text, readers pronounced the name as Adonai. With the final fall of the temple, even the rare liturgical occasions when the name was used ceased, and even the knowledge of the pronunciation of the name was forgotten." However, no one can say for sure exactly when orthodox Jews ceased to pronounce God's name out loud and instead substituted the Hebrew words for God and Sovereign Lord.

It seems, then, that the very first essential in any quest to identify "the only true God" would be to get to know him by name. Such a search is not at all difficult, for the name of Almighty God, the Creator, is clearly and simply stated at Psalm 83:18: "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."—King James Version.

youre right bob

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/3/06 at 8:13 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

I have only replied because I can not stand horrible bible misrepresentations presented as truths. I am a taxidermist and I take short breaks thoughout the usual 12 hour work day and glance at taxidermy.net as part of that break, like many others. I am also a committed christain besides a taxidermist so some religous talk is a part of who I am as a person and I have an interest in what is said about it by other taxidermists. I just can not seem to help but respond sometimes when a post really bothers me, sorry. Back to the elk mount with the cape that will not fit now but will after I swear at it, pray and pull some more.

bite me Kim

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/3/06 at 8:31 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

Kim, go get some more Watchtower rags and pass them around to people that need fire starters. Your posts are anti main line Christain doctrine filled with heretical theology and all your references are from cult sites sources. Your logic is both flawed and wrong and have been proven such by all but the most twisted minds of cult thinking and other dead religions of muliple gods. Just enough truth to confuse the innocent. Even a glance over read of them (and I won't even do that again) is covered in red flags. Goodbye and good ridance.

The Trinity

This response submitted by Don Patton on 8/3/06 at 8:54 PM. ( ) 70.39.128.211

A good example of the Trinity as described in the Bible is at Jesus baptism. The gospels describe Jesus (the son) coming up from the water, The Holy Spirit descending like a dove, and the Father speaking from Heaven saying "This is my Son whom I am well pleased with". All Three together, in the gospel accounts...kind of hard to deny the Trinity.

Kim

This response submitted by Rich B. on 8/3/06 at 9:41 PM. ( ) 74.65.18.69

What is your take on:

"I and the Father are one." John 10:13

What else could this mean besides EXACTLY what it says?

To answer your question from above:
"Do you rely on YOUR research and hard work or do you depend on ONLY what others tell you?"

I donot post on here to bring glory to MYSELF through my superior writing skills. If I read something that has already been written and it perfectly states the message I intend to relay, I am not going to sit for hours and re-word it and such to impress people by making them think that I wrote it. I depend on ONLY what Jesus Christ tells me. He says..." Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."(Matthew 24:35) No matter how you try to pervert them Kim, the Truth will still be there for "he that hath an ear".

Bible

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 10:01 PM. ( ) 64.28.52.3

Bible - Book in basic life education. There are more to life than the Bible. People are hang up with just reading, quoting the bible and think that this is enough. That they could be saved this way or that they are in touch with Jesus. Jesus saved us but you need to do your part here on earth too. As Jesus taught "Change your Heart" this still remains. People hasn't change their hearts. If Jesus comes back, history will repeat itself because your heart is not open to receive Him, really know Him beyond the bible.
There are more to life than the bible, the word of God, there are laws of God that are in each of us, all around us. Do you know or live them? You have gifts, power like Jesus. Remember what He said, "What I can do, you can too and more through Him"
Satan listens and obeys God. Satan has given the power to do what God allows him to do.

Tin foil hats, shinny side in or out?

This response submitted by ! on 8/3/06 at 10:04 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

If aliens are hovering and you wanted to keep them from reading your mind should the shiny side be in or out?

will the shiny side work better to keep brainwaves in or alien mind readers out?

what is the best shape? will viking horns add anything?

what about pets?

it seems to work for osama...we have not been able to catch him with the cia brainwave machines...

the kkk could still have their rallies with this new material too

also if you dont have a brain will it at least keep yer head warm?

Read

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 10:13 PM. ( ) 64.28.52.3

Aliens don't read mind. They read your vibrations.
Pets can read your vibrations too and if you get out of your mind you will read them too.

Yes, Jim, Rich and others, you prove my statements.

This response submitted by KIM on 8/3/06 at 10:31 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Nice Christain example Jim Marsico. You just let your "Christian" side say "bite me" and many other things. Is this the way of your God? Did Jesus teach you to act this way? ...Of course he did not! But this is the path you choose to follow. You are a proud man and pride has a price Jim.

"You have eyes and you will not see, you have ears and you will not hear, you have a mouth and it only spews forth the venom of man's teachings. The truth is beyond your ability to conceive."

I will again say that you have a fine and safe evening and I wish you no harm. I can forgive you and not argue. Too bad you refuse to accept the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ that you profess to worship. Does that make you a hypocrite? Obvious answer huh?

Best wishes in your world of hypocracy and ignorance...--KIM

Bob

This response submitted by Alex on 8/3/06 at 10:57 PM. ( ) 66.32.77.106

The Taxidermy Page is by this one LOL
this one is current events.

I will ask of all to restrained from fruitless arguments.

First you are all going all over the place claiming that the bible teaches , the divinity of Christ which it does.
The trinity which it doesn't and many other doctrines which are not in the Bible but are man made.

Let us start from the premise that the God of Israel as estated in the "shema Israel" By moses says Hear ye israel ,our God is one God"

Second God himself says in Isaiah Chapter 43, he is the only God, there are no other gods, He is the only savior and there wasn't another god before him nor will there be another god.

So this presents a problem that can only be solved by scriptures and not by dogma.

The Bible does teach God's triunity but no a trinity of gods, I'll explain;

God is not, God the father, God The Son and God the Holy Spirit, this is something the bible does not teach , nor will anyone find a verse to back that up.

The Bible does teach, God is The Father,Son, Holy Spirit, they are not 3 Gods but one.

The same I can say of Humans , we are Spirit Body and soul so we are a triune being, but we are not 3 people.

At the same time Am a father, a husband and a grandfather, triune again.

Am a Taxidermist, oil artist,pastor triune again.

In the same manner God is many things in one.
There is no distinction between the triunity as taught by trinatarian, there was a temporary distinction while part of God was in the flesh body of Yeshua (Jesus).
After he resurrected he then became the body in which the full deity dwells, so he is now Fully God in a transformed body , so Yeshua is God.
Remember He said also in Isaiah , "I will give no other my Glory " ?

The trinity concept is a pagan teaching, incorporated into christianity by the roman Church and brought from the gods of the pagan arabs and eastern religions which believed in allah, later muhammed turned allah into one god.
But the churches including the evangelicals have included this pagan teaching into their dogma.

Hey

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/3/06 at 11:25 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

Alex! you and Kim should start a club! call it the "The blind agreeing with the blind" Kim, Christ called the blind and bible geek religous leaders of his time worse names than I think of your theology. You guys don't recognize Christ for who is either! I will agree on one thing: These are fruitless arguments and circles from two cultists who even deny CHRIST as THE ONE and ONLY GOD. THE SECOND PERSON OF THE HOLY TRINITY; FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT as taught throughout the entire bible from the first line to the last. No wait, I admit its all a scam made up by the Catholic Church in league with the aliens that built the piramids to keep the people in check and dammed!

Trinity

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 11:26 PM. ( ) 64.28.53.168

Alex, the trinity for human is soul, heart, and spirit not spirit, body, and soul. Soul is where the laws of God. Heart is where the action of love, to love, give or nourish unconditionally. Spirit is the expression of love.

Jesus

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 11:37 PM. ( ) 64.28.53.168

Jesus is the son of God. God, the father, is higher than Jesus, but God and Jesus are ONE.

You can't prove much of anything in the bible

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/4/06 at 1:43 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.14

It's mostly faith which is the way it should be. End of story.

Here ya go Cecil

This response submitted by Rich B. on 8/4/06 at 4:24 PM. ( ) 74.65.18.69

__The writings of Josephus mention many biblical people and places

Flavius Josephus (37-101 A.D) was a Jewish priest at the time of the Jewish Revolt of A.D. 66. He was captured by the Romans, imprisoned, set free and then retired to Rome where he wrote a history of the Jewish Revolt called the "Jewish War." Later he wrote "Antiquities" as a history of the Jews.
Following is a brief listing of some other people and places mentioned by Josephus that correspond to biblical mention. They demonstrate that the Bible is not alone in its description of people, events, and places. It is verified by other sources.

Antipas mentioned

17:8:1, "And now Herod altered his testament upon the alteration of his mind; for he appointed Antipas, to whom he had before left the kingdom, to be tetrarch of Galilee and Berea, and granted the kingdom to Archelaus."

Rev. 2:13, "‘I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith, even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells."

Herod is mentioned numerous times
17:8:1, "And now Herod altered his testament upon the alteration of his mind..."
18.5.3, "Whereupon he ordered the army to march along the Great Plain, while he himself, with Herod the tetrarch, and his friends, went up to Jerusalem to offer sacrifice to God, an ancient festival of the Jews being then just approaching."
See also, 18:2:1,2,3; 18:4:3,5,6; 18:5:1,2,3; 18:7:2, etc.
Luke 3:1, "Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip was tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene."
The Galatians are mentioned

17:8:3, "First of all went his guards, then the band of Thracians, and after them the Germans; and next the band of Galatians, every one in their habiliments of war."

12:10:6, "And when he was dead, the people bestowed the high priesthood on Judas; who, hearing of the power of the Romans, and that they had conquered in war Galatia, and Iberia, and Carthage, and Lybia."

Gal. 1:2, "and all the brethren who are with me, to the churches of Galatia."

Jericho mentioned

17:8:2, "...when Salome and Alexas gathered the soldiery together in the amphitheater at Jericho..."

Num. 22:1, "And the children of Israel journeyed, and encamped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan at Jericho."

Jerusalem is mentioned

20:9:2, "Now as soon as Albinus was come to the city of Jerusalem..."

Matt. 21:10-11, "And when He had entered Jerusalem, all the city was stirred, saying, "Who is this?" 11 And the multitudes were saying, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee."

Jesus is mentioned

18:3:3, "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."

20:9:1, "Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the Sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done;"

For information on the Testimonium Flavanium (the quotes of Josephus about Jesus) please see Regarding the quotes from the historian Josephus about Jesus

Judea is mentioned

20:9:1, "AND now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator."

See also, 20:1:1; 20:5:1,2,3; 20:6:1,2; 20:7:1,2; 20:8:5,10; 20:11:1; etc.

Matt. 2:1, "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem..."

John the Baptist is mentioned

18.5.2 Now some of the Jews thought that the destruction of Herod's army came from God, and was a very just punishment for what he did against John called the Baptist [the dipper]. For Herod had him killed, although he was a good man and had urged the Jews to exert themselves to virtue, both as to justice toward one another and reverence towards

Matt. 3:1-2, "Now in those days John the Baptist *came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, 2"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Pontius Pilate is mentioned

18:3:1, "But now Pilate, the procurator of Judea, removed the army from Cesarea to Jerusalem, to take their winter quarters there, in order to abolish the Jewish laws."

See also, 18:3:1,2,3; 18:4:1,2,5, etc.

Luke 3:1, "Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip was tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene."

Sadducees mentioned

20:9:1, "But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees."

Matt. 16:1, "And the Pharisees and Sadducees came up, and testing Him asked Him to show them a sign from heaven."

The Samaritans are mentioned

18:4:1, "But the nation of the Samaritans did not escape without tumults."

Luke 10:33, ""But a certain Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion."

Tiberius Ceasar is mentioned

18.6.4, "And now Agrippa was come to Puteoli, whence he wrote a letter to Tiberius Caesar, who then lived at Capreae, and told him that he was come so far in order to wait on him, and to pay him a visit; and desired that he would give him leave to come over to Caprein."

There are many other such references. But what they do is help to establish that the Bible was not written in isolation. It was written in the context of ancient Israel when and where it claims to have been written. This is important when authenticating the Bible and this is why external references are sometimes useful. In this case, Josephus who was a contemporary of the disciples, is referenced in support of biblical accuracy.

Archaeological Evidence verifying biblical cities

There is very little doubt in anyone's mind about the reality of the so many of the Old and New Testament cities mentioned in the Bible. Therefore it is hardly necessary to document their existence. Nevertheless, following is a partial list of some of the cities mentioned in the Bible that have been found and excavated by archaeologists. This is simply more evidence that the Bible describes actual locations that can be verified. This means that at the very least, the Bible accurately reflects the locations and cities of ancient times.
Remember, this is only a partial list. There are hundreds of biblical cities that have been verified in archaeological digs.

Arad
Num. 21:1, "When the Canaanite, the king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that Israel was coming by the way of Atharim, then he fought against Israel, and took some of them captive."
Num. 33:40, "Now the Canaanite, the king of Arad who lived in the Negev in the land of Canaan, heard of the coming of the sons of Israel."
"Arad 30 km NE of Beersheba, excavated from 1962 to 1974 by Y. Aharoni and R. B. K. Amiran." (The New Bible Dictionary, (Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; 1962.)
"The site consists of an upper mound or acropolis, where excavation has revealed an Iron Age (post thirteenth century b.c." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.) 1985.
The remains of a Hebrew temple were uncovered at Arad, (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p.45-46.)
Bethel
Amos 7:12-13, "Then Amaziah said to Amos, "Go, you seer, flee away to the land of Judah, and there eat bread and there do your prophesying! 13 "But no longer prophesy at Bethel, for it is a sanctuary of the king and a royal residence."
"W. F. Albright made a trial excavation at Bethel in 1927. Albright then mounted a full excavation in 1934. His assistant that year, J. L. Kelso, continued the excavation in 1954, 1957, and 1960." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Capernaum
Matt. 17:24, "And when they had come to Capernaum, those who collected the two-drachma tax came to Peter, and said, "Does your teacher not pay the two-drachma tax?"
"Identified since 1856 with Tell Hum, Capernaum has been sporadically excavated for the past 130 years." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Chorazin
Matt. 11:21, "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes."
"Excavations of the now deserted town indicate that it once covered an area of twelve acres and was built on a series of terraces with the basalt stone local to this mountainous region." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Dan
Judges 18:29, "And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father who was born in Israel; however, the name of the city formerly was Laish."
"The excavation of Dan began in 1966 under the direction fo Avraham Biran." (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p. 42)
"Formerly called Laish, it is mentioned in the execration texts, the eighteenth-century b.c. Mari tablets, and the records of the Egyptian pharaoh Thutmose III. It is identified with Tel Dan (modern Tell el-Qadi) covering about 50 acres in the center of a fertile valley near one of the principal springs feeding the Jordan River...Tel Dan has been excavated by A. Biran since 1966. The earliest occupation, probably the full extent of the tell, goes back to about the middle of the third millennium b.c." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary; San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Ephesus
Eph. 1:1, "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, to the saints who are at Ephesus, and who are faithful in Christ Jesus."
"Austrian archaeologists in this century [2oth] have excavated the 24,000-seat theater and the commercial agora, as well as many other public buildings and streets of the first and second centuries a.d., so that the modern visitor can gain some impression of the city as known by Paul. (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Gaza
Acts 8:26, "But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, "Arise and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza."
Gaza was was excavated by W. J. Phythian-Adams in 1922. (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Gezer
Joshua 16:10, "But they did not drive out the Canaanites who lived in Gezer..."
R.A.S. MacAlister "directed the Palestine Exploration Fund for many years and conducted extensive excavations at Gezer (1902-1909). (Douglas, J. D., Comfort, Philip W. & Mitchell, Donald, Editors, Who's Who in Christian History, (Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; 1992.)
Hazor
Joshua 11:1, "Then it came about, when Jabin king of Hazor heard of it, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon and to the king of Shimron and to the king of Achshaph."
Jer. 49:48, "Concerning Kedar and the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon defeated. Thus says the Lord, "Arise, go up to Kedar and devastate the men of the east."
"This large Canaanite and Israelite city in upper Galilee was excavated under Yigael Yadin's direction from 1955 to 1958 and from 1968 to 1970." (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p. 40.)
Hesbon
Josh. 12:2, "Sihon king of the Amorites, who lived in Heshbon, and ruled from Aroer, which is on the edge of the valley of the Arnon..."
Excavations were undertaken by Andrews University from 1968 to 1976. (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Jericho
Num. 22:1, "Then the sons of Israel journeyed, and camped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan opposite Jericho."
"Jericho was the oldest inhabited and fortified city ever excavated." (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p. 37)
"The city of OT times is represented today by a mound 70 feet high and 10 acres in area...The ancient city was excavated by C. Warren (1867), E. Sellin and C. Watzinger (1907-09), J. Garstang (1930-36), and K. Kenyon (1952-58)." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary; San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
"The first scientific excavation there (1907-9) was by Sellin and Watzinger (Jericho, 1913)." (The New Bible Dictionary; Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; 1962.).
Joppa
Acts 9:38, "And since Lydda was near Joppa, the disciples, having heard that Peter was there, sent two men to him, entreating him, "Do not delay to come to us."
"During excavations of the site of ancient Joppa a thirteenth-century b.c. citadel gate was uncovered..." (Achtemeier, Paul J., Th.D., Harper's Bible Dictionary, (San Francisco: Harper and Row, Publishers, Inc.; 1985.)
Nineveh
2 Kings 19:36, "So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed and returned home, and lived at Nineveh."
Jonah 1:1-2, "The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh the great city, and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me."
Excavated in from 1845 to 1857 by Austen H. Layard. (Douglas, J. D., Comfort, Philip W. & Mitchell, Donald, Editors, Who's Who in Christian History, (Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; 1992.)
Shechem
Gen. 12:6, "And Abram passed through the land as far as the site of Shechem, to the oak of Moreh. Now the Canaanite was then in the land."
Gen. 33:18, "Now Jacob came safely to the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Paddan-aram, and camped before the city."
"Excavations were carried out at Shechem, first by Austrian-German expeditions in 1913 and 1914, and again from 1926 to 1934, under several directors, and then by an American expedition from 1956 to 1972...Excavation of the sacred area revealed a courtyard sanctuary and a later fortress temple dedicated to El-berith "the god of the covenant." This temple, which was destroyed by Abimelech, the son of the judge Gideon (Judges 9) has provided us with a date of the judges period." (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p. 40)
Most recently a structure identified as an Israelite altar has been excavated on the northeastern slope of Mt. Ebal. Dating to the 13th to 12th centuries B.C., considered to be the time of Joshua, the altar suggest the possibility that it may be the altar built by Joshua and described in Deuteronomy 27, 28." (Horn, Siegfried H., Biblical Archaeology: a Generation of Discovery; Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan; 1985. p. 40)
Susa
Neh. 1:1, "The words of Nehemiah the son of Hacaliah. Now it happened in the month Chislev, in the twentieth year, while I was in Susa the capitol,

Esther 1:2, "Now it took place in the days of Ahasuerus, the Ahasuerus who reigned from India to Ethiopia over 127 provinces, 2 in those days as King Ahasuerus sat on his royal throne which was in Susa the capital,

Escavations were conducted by Marcel Dieulafoy from 1884 to 1886 (Douglas, J. D., Comfort, Philip W. & Mitchell, Donald, Editors, Who's Who in Christian History, (Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; 1992.)

Rich...

This response submitted by Terry on 8/4/06 at 4:32 PM. ( go_tigers90@yahoo.com ) 64.74.177.148

Rock on brother! :-)

Hey Rich, great post above!

This response submitted by KIM on 8/4/06 at 4:38 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Rich,

Great post. People only believe what fits with them and theirs. To rock the boat is forbidden.

Forget about trying to prove anything to Cecil. He likes asking for it and then when there IS proof, it never quite fits his needs. And then starts the "tit for tat". Much like many others, they turn a deaf ear and also, do not see what is obvious and in front of them.

There is so much hidden away by Science, that if all of the doors were open, most Science teachers and professors would be too busy eating their own words to say very much other than, "pass the salt please."

Take care, KIM

Cecil

This response submitted by DaveT on 8/4/06 at 5:26 PM. ( ) 24.32.84.11

No where does God ask us to have blind faith as you describe... he has revealed himself and NO ONE has an excuse not to believe... he even says that creations speaks to his existence.

DaveT

Return to Current Events Category Menu