The Name of The Messiah is Not Jesus

Submitted by Alex Sr on 8/3/06 at 11:02 PM. ( ) 66.32.77.106

This name "Jesus) commonly used in Christianity today did not exist and would not be spelled with the letter "J) until about 500 years ago. This article will also discuss the grammatical errors involved in the transliteration of Yahshua into Greek and Latin, which radically changed the form of Yahshua's name.

Another error that will be discussed in this article is that "Yahshua's name was not known to most translators at the time. Jewish Masoretic priests, around the 6th century A.D., created the name Jesus by changing the vowel point from the letter "a) to "e) in the Tetragrammaton YHWH. This resulted in changing the pronunciation from Yah to Yeh.

The priests continued the tradition, which was in effect at the time of the Messiah, of teaching the people that the name "Yahweh) was too sacred to pronounce, and to speak this name was blasphemy and punishable by death. Most people and lower level priests were initially taught to say "Adonai) when they saw the name "Yahweh) or the tetragrammaton written.

PLIM recommends a number of excellent websites that provide extensive research on the name. (Note: This is not an endorsement of their dogma.) The Assembly of Yahweh has an excellent article that deals with the letter J called "THE MISSING J) http://www.yaim.org/missingJ.htm. There is also another website with an article entitled "Our Saviour's Name) http://www.iahushua.com/ST-RP/name.htm and see http://www.yahweh.org.

Does the Letter "J) exist in Hebrew, Latin or Greek?

The answer to this question is no. In fact, there was no letter ‘J' in any language prior to the 14th century in England. The letter did not become widely used until the 17th century.

The Encyclopedia Americana contains the following quote on the J: "The form of ‘J' was unknown in any alphabet until the 14th century. Either symbol (J,I) used initially generally had the consonantal sound of Y as in year. Gradually, the two symbols (J,l) were differentiated, the J usually acquiring consonantal force and thus becoming regarded as a consonant, and the I becoming a vowel.

It was not until 1630 that the differentiation became general in England.) Note in the original 1611 version of the King James Version of the Bible there was no "J) letter in this Bible for because it did not exist. James was spelled Iames. Jesus was spelled Iesous.

In the Hebrew alphabet there is no J letter or sound and it is shown follow: Read form right to left.)

The Greek alphabet shows that there is no letter J or sound.

Now the Oxford English Dictionary shows the derivation of the name "Jesus) as follow: "In ancient Latin Jesus is spelled Iesus, in ancient Greek (I-ee-sous), ad. late Heb. or Aramaic yeshua, Jeshua, for the earlier y'hoshua, Jehoshua or Joshua (explained as ‘Jah (or Jahveh) is salvation': cf. y'shuah ‘salvation, deliverance', and Matt. 1.21)

Here we see that in the ancient Latin and Greek languages "Jesus) was spelled with the letter "I) for there was no "J) in either of these languages. In Hebrew we know there is no J letter. So Jesus was originally spelled Yeshua, and y'hoshua. Note: Here the Messiah's name was spelled in Hebrew two different ways due to the tradition of the Masoretic priests. They did not want to pronounce the sacred part of Yahweh's name, so they changed the ‘Yah, to ‘Yeh, which will be discussed later in this article.

Webster's New World Dictionary confirms the Oxford World Dictionary, but it shows the derivation of "Jesus) correctly transliterated in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew using the letters "I) and "Y,) showing that there was no J used in these original languages when the scriptures were translated into them.

"In Late Latin Jesus was original spelled Iesus; In Greek it was spelled Ièsous; and in ancient Hebrew spelled "yÈshÙa,) which is a contraction of yehÖshÙa (Joshua), help of Jehovah < yÀh, Jehovah + hÖshïa, to help.)

Did the angels speak in Hebrew?

In the so-called New Testament of the Bible there were two instances where an angel and the spirit form of the Messiah appeared to humans and spoke to them in Hebrew. First, Gabriel spoke to Mary regarding her unborn son. Since Mary was Hebrew of the tribe of Judah (Lk. 1:27), Gabriel had to communicate to her in the Hebrew tongue, her native language, not Chinese or Greek, for she would not have been able to understand him. "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with Elohim (God). And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS (Luke 1:30-31).) As shown in the Hebrew alphabet, there is no J in Hebrew (see alphabet on p. 8). So the question is what did the angel Gabriel say that the baby would be named? It was impossible for him to say Jesus because Jesus is Greek for Yahshua.

In another instance, the Messiah appeared in spirit form and in a vision, to the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:1-7) and spoke in Hebrew. Paul described what happened. "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks (Acts 26:14).)

Paul asked this spirit, "Who art thou, Lord (Acts 26:15)?) The Messiah replied, "I am Jesus [in the King James Bible and most English Bibles] whom thou persecutest.)

One thing is clear. The Messiah knows His name and as was stated and repeated throughout this article it is impossible for him to have said Jesus as it is translated since Yahshua spoke to Paul in the Hebrew tongue.

Pontius Pilate wrote the name of the Messiah in Greek, Hebrew and Latin above His head on the cross when the Messiah was crucified. Luke wrote the following: "... an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS (Lk 23:38-39).)

Traditionally, most crucifixes (especially Roman Catholic) have the Latin initials of the Messiah as follows "INRI,) which means "Iesus Nazarenus, Rex, Iudaeorum). [Note: there is no letter J (for it did not exist at this time.) This is translated into English and means "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews.)]

The French philosopher, historian, and religious scholar Ernest Renan stated in his book, The Life of Jesus, that the Savior was never called Jesus in His lifetime. Renan based his conclusion on his archaeological trips to the Holy Land in searching for inspiration and materials on the Savior.

What is the derivation of the name "Jesus)?

Any good dictionary will show the derivation or the history of the translation of Jesus through the various languages. All agree that the word "Jesus is a transcription or a copy of the Greek name ... which is a derivation of the Hebrew Ieshoua, a common Jewish name) according to the book The Names and Titles of Jesus by Leopold Sabourin, S.J.

Is there an explanation of the error Yeh from Yah?

Now that it is clear that the Messiah's name was not spelled with the letter J, there is another error that must be addressed. Many misspell the Messiah as "yÈshÙa,) (which is a contraction for "yehÖshÙa.)). The error is that it does not have the "Yah) part of the Father's name in the translation.

In the King James Version of the Bible, Psalm 68:4 clearly reveals that the shortened form of the Father's name is "Jah.) King David writes: "Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name JAH...) Since there is no j in Hebrew then "Jah) should be spelled Yah or Iah. So yehÖshÙa should be spelled yahÖshÙa.

The error of changing Yah to Yeh is due to the manmade tradition of the Jewish priests. Their reverence for the holy name caused them to believe that it was too sacred to pronounce. So they changed the vowel points from a to e in the Tetragrammaton YHWH. This changes the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton. The letter "a) was the correct vowel to be inserted between the YH obtaining YaH. This is short form of the sacred Name is in Yahshua.

To prevent this pronunciation, the priests changed the vowel points from an "a) to the "e) obtaining YeH. This is how the letter "e) came to be in the Savior's name "Jesus,) resulting today in the Jews spelling his name YEHshua.

Now the same error is explained in the Biblesoft's Strongs New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. It spelled Yahshua's name with the letter e Yehowshuwa‘ (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); or Yehowshu‘ a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); from OT:3068 and OT:3467 OT:3091; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader: -Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Now the ancient Greek use their alphabet to write and pronounce the "IE) as the shortened form of Yahweh's name "Yah.)

Return to Current Events Category Menu

OK Guys. ENOUGH ALREADY

This response submitted by George on 8/3/06 at 11:15 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

I know this is current events and I know you have freedom OF religion, but some of us would prefer that THIS SITE was used as freedom FROM religion. Fundamentalists fighting with traditionalists and Jehovah's Witnesses only make all of you look silly in your "my God's better than yours". Stop it. IF any of you believe what you're trying to preach you'd see that you're simply passing judgement on others that most mainline religions preach against.

I've been trying to play nice on here, but I'm quickly tiring of this preaching. My religion is MINE and mine alone. You have no right to tell me what I believe is wrong anymore than I can pass judgement on you and yours. What I can do, however, is tell you that this site was set up for TAXIDERMY and simply because it has a "Current Events" column gives you no right to force your opinions on all of us. Religion is hardly CURRENT and has been fought over since time began.

I hope I'm not the only one who feels you guys should suck it up and shut it up.

Hooray for George

This response submitted by crittercoroner on 8/3/06 at 11:30 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.139

thanks for what so desparately needed to be said.

Go ahead

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 11:49 PM. ( ) 64.28.53.168

I was ignoring all the posts, but now I just got heated up. Anymore religious posts coming? How about spirituality posts? Anyone?

YAAAA

This response submitted by GUNNY on 8/3/06 at 11:52 PM. ( ) 71.227.204.246

You heard George, now beat it bible bitch.

Gunny

This response submitted by Motza on 8/3/06 at 11:58 PM. ( ) 64.28.53.168

Get off your mind!

Gunny

This response submitted by Don on 8/4/06 at 3:35 AM. ( ) 69.212.188.195

The "bible bitches" as you call them are the reason that you have the freedom to be a complete idiot. This country and all it's freedoms and foundational laws have arisin out of biblical judeao christian beliefs. Why dont you tell the "quaran bitches" to beat it? If you do you should first take out a large life insurance policy for your next of kin. Remember this, "it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

George...

This response submitted by Terry on 8/4/06 at 3:37 AM. ( go_tigers90@yahoo.com ) 64.74.176.3

I understand your viewpoint but I have to respectfully disagree...

I do not believe that everyone posting over topics related to faith are passing judgement on others... For myself I fully realize that belongs to God and God alone. I cannot speak for anyone but myself but there have been many people post on topics related to their faith that have not seemed judgemental at all, IMHO.

And while you are right, that this is a topic that has been fought over and debated for time out of mind ("Religion is hardly CURRENT"), the same can be true of other topics to be found in the Current Events category. For myself I really do not understand the difficulty, for those that complain about these threads, in skipping over such a thread if it has no interest or only irritates one.

Just my two cents.

Have a terrific Friday and a super weekend. :-)

George

This response submitted by Don on 8/4/06 at 3:56 AM. ( ) 69.212.188.195

Like so many others, you take the "judge not lest ye be judged" passage out of context. It does not mean that we are to overlook everything because (as many wrongly believe) "your beliefs are as valid as mine, even if they are diametrically opposed". It is a warning against hipocracy, it is balanced by the "before you try to take the speck from your brothers eye, remove the log from your own" passage. We are not to tolerate sin at all, in ourselves or others; we are told to expose the deeds of darkness. I obviously don't know what you believe but if I know you are in error in your beliefs not only do I have a right to tell you, I am commanded by scripture to do so in the hope that you would come around to the truth; what we believe makes ETERNAL difference. Anyone who does not believe in the God of heaven and earth as He has revealed Himself in the bible id eternally wrong. We were created in Gods image but it is far too tempting for us to try to re create a false God in our image.

lately it is just Bible competition

This response submitted by Mr.T on 8/4/06 at 6:28 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.240

That is all it is, George is right, he is not the only one that can see this. Everyone wants to one up the other and critique the others post just for a translation error. And they jockey for sides and attack each other, and finger point or pigeon hole one side as unbelievers totally dammed for ever because Jesus wasn't spelled with a "j" until 500 years ago, or for not using the proper name for God. Give it a break.

Donny Baby

This response submitted by Gunny on 8/4/06 at 9:25 AM. ( ) 71.227.204.246

First of all it was bible bitch, not bible bitches. But if you want to group yourself in there,by all means. Second of all it's warriors like me that gives pukes like you the right to call me an idiot.Third, I have not seen a Quran post lately.So to sum it up Donny Boy,(Lick MY Sack)oh, and have a nice day.God Bless

"Gunny"

This response submitted by John M on 8/4/06 at 10:12 AM. ( ) 68.117.26.206

How about representing yourself and other Staff NCO's in a more positive manner. Maybe if you were addressing a group of other Marines you'd be fine but not on this forum. Thanks for your service.

John M

This response submitted by Gunny on 8/4/06 at 12:55 PM. ( ) 71.227.204.246

Valid point,political and religious extremist have always climbed deep under my skin. And I have had to deal with both my whole adult life. I don't think I will ever figure out thier psyche. You are correct, and I will LET IT GO!

Praise the Lord!

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/4/06 at 1:42 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.14

and the Lord works in mysterious ways! George is right! I can't believe it, but I'm agreeing with him. That's got to be a miracle!

George I couldn't have said it any better.

One thing I have noticed in the short time I've been on this earth is, showing by example is much more effective than preaching and being judgemental which I feel is going on here.

So knock it off!

Gunny

This response submitted by Don on 8/4/06 at 1:51 PM. ( ) 205.208.227.29

I spent 6 years in the military doing my own part to earn the right to call you an idiot. If religious extremists get under your skin then you should be a walking rash with all the havoc that muslims are causing in the world, however I'd be willing to bet that it is just those who are Christians (and probably Jews) that cause you the most irritation. Thank God that you (your attitude) are not representitive of the majority of brave men and women who defent this country.

By the way

This response submitted by Don on 8/4/06 at 1:53 PM. ( ) 205.208.227.29

Pay no attention to the different ID number, I use different computors.

Don

This response submitted by Terry on 8/4/06 at 4:26 PM. ( go_tigers90@yahoo.com ) 64.74.177.148

Nice post above. It can be hard to explain not being judgemental but at the same time not being accepting of worldly ways while also being willing to share the message we have been commanded to share. I thought you did a nice job of explaining it.

We don't know what people on here truly believe, including you of me and me of you, but the fact is we are supposed to tell the world... and have a thick skin when some of the world turns a deaf ear, an unkind word or an eyeroll towards us.

Don

This response submitted by Gunny on 8/4/06 at 4:27 PM. ( ) 71.227.204.246

Get your head straight,GIRL SCOUT

George

This response submitted by Rich B. on 8/4/06 at 5:34 PM. ( ) 74.65.18.69

you say:

"My religion is MINE and mine alone."

That's pretty sad my friend. It is completely selfish and very much a WORLDLY way of thinking. In this day and age we are used to "having it OUR way" just like Burger King. Molding and manipulating God to suit our liking so as to never feel convicted of any wrong doing...wouldn't it be sweet. Too bad the God of the Bible never changes huh.

you say:
"Religion is hardly CURRENT..."

Man, if you trust in the Lord to guide you through your day; EVERYDAY, it is ALWAYS CURRENT. Wake up with Praise and Worship George! God is GOOD!

Thanks Gunny

This response submitted by John M on 8/4/06 at 6:45 PM. ( ) 68.117.26.206

hope you didn't take offense, I agree with George, Cecil and the others that posted about this getting to be too much as far as religion goes. Semper Fi Brother.

George

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 8/4/06 at 8:06 PM. ( ) 66.32.74.162

Take 2 prozacs and call me tomorrow.

Jesus loves you anyways.

Rich, I'm not going to play that game with you

This response submitted by George on 8/4/06 at 8:07 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.202

But remember that on judgement day and see who else's sins you're held responsible for. What I believe is personal and you trying to press your beliefs on me doesn't cut it. Find a new subject, one you're more qualified in.

Return to Current Events Category Menu