PA Taxidermy Test Update

Submitted by Jason on 8/6/06 at 11:30 AM. ( ) 24.94.62.85

I spoke with the Pa Dept. of Agriculture on friday and they informed me that the pa taxidermy test was no longer. All you have to do is request and application and send them $100.00 and they will issue you a permit. She said they are working on application packages now and should have them together by late September early October.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Wonder when

This response submitted by Dave on 8/6/06 at 11:40 AM. ( ) 24.154.78.197

we get our checks back from the PGC? I just can not believe they didn't cash them!

hope they enjoj!

This response submitted by final flifgt on 8/6/06 at 7:10 PM. ( ) 207.7.176.91

the 400.00 I sent to them for the next two years of permits, maybe they will buy some land and not let us use it!(other than hunting season)sell the timber pump.the natural gas and pay no tax. WHAT A WONDERFUL STATE THIS IS !

where do we go from here

This response submitted by buck on 8/6/06 at 7:58 PM. ( ) 76.1.41.84

So what do all the current permitted taxidermist do now ,call the P.D.O.A and request a application ? I have yet to receive mine.

my check was cashed

This response submitted by Derek on 8/6/06 at 9:20 PM. ( ) 67.140.52.147

although it took a little while my check was cashed and I got my new permit from the pgc about 3 weeks ago, its my understanding that the pdoa will honor my current permit, when i need to renew it next june then I will need to purchase it from them, not 100% sure though

Update

This response submitted by Dan Snyder on 8/7/06 at 10:15 AM. ( ottercreektaxidermy@outdrs.net ) 65.130.252.202

Below is the response from Richard Palmer, PGC - he is responding to the attached question from the PDA. -- Response received 8-4-06

Remember when reading this response that the signing date of the bill was 7-7-06

(Richard Palmer, PGC Response)
The situation is confusing, but you have it correct. If we cashed their check prior to the signing date on the bill, we issued them the permit. However application received afterwards we have held and are returning the checks, We drafted a letter today to send out to notify both the propagators and the taxidermists that should go out early next week. Feel free to call if you have any questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 12:17 PM
To: Palmer, Richard
Cc: Martin, Mary; 'ottercreektaxidermy@outdrs.net'
Subject: checks for taxidermy permits

We are a little confused, but I believe that is natural. Will your agency be returning checks they have received from renewals or new applicants for taxidermy from 7/1/06 back to the licensee? Some folks have called and asked us whether their check will be sent to our agency, but I've explained that we cannot accept checks made out to the PA Game Commission and that they will receive them back from your agency. Am I wrong on this assumption?

Sue Berkheimer

Administrative Officer, Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg PA 17110
717-772-2852; fax: 717-787-1868

(Response from Dan)
Also, if you have indeed sent the PGC money for multiple year permits the PDA already has a listing of all PGC permitted taxidermists and their expiration dates. The PDA has assured the PTA that those that have multiple year permits will be honored with the PDA - you won't be loosing any previously paid money.

All current permittees will be receiving the new taxidermy information as soon as it's available - hopefully sometime in early October. Remember they have 90 days from the signing of the bill which was 7-7-06.

If you have further questions about this whole process please take the time and give me a call 724-253-4374 or send me an email.

What a mess

This response submitted by Doug on 8/8/06 at 6:38 PM. ( ) 216.198.102.9

who do I thank?

Return to Current Events Category Menu