How much German Beer can I bring back Home ?

Submitted by Buck ..in Germany on 8/8/06 at 2:14 PM. ( michael.rodgers@web.de ) 84.154.146.253

Dave,Cecil,Evelyn...I'm flyin Northwest, direct into Chicago.
Oh..and have my pockets full of those Eyes for you guys..
Buck...

Return to Current Events Category Menu

The wife that goes back and forth every other year

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/8/06 at 2:23 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.14

says: Probably no more than a liter without paying duties if it's discovered. She's not really sure though as she doesn't drink beer much or have it around with her high school student exchange program. She says there should be a customs web site you can go to.

Maybe Evelyn knows for sure?...

I'll drink to that !

This response submitted by Buck on 8/8/06 at 2:29 PM. ( michael.rodgers@web.de ) 84.154.146.253

I called the good folks at Northwest and she don't have a clue, the lady at United said a couple of years ago, that we could bring about a case with, and we sure as all heck did. It lasted about a day, the Germans HOGGED all the good stuff, (Except what I hid under the porch!) Then it was Miller time ...and time to P every 1/2 hr.
Buck...

I would say

This response submitted by Evelyn on 8/8/06 at 3:02 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.138

as much as you can consume before you enter US airspace. LOL

Used to be 1 gal

This response submitted by Jerry C on 8/8/06 at 3:08 PM. ( ) 69.169.195.250

When I was in the AF Band we packed every instrument case we had with booze on the way back from England. Even the bass drum case. Someone squealed and we had to pay duty on over 40 gal. It might be less than a gal. these days, however.

Even if I have to pay duty..Guess I'll find out.

This response submitted by Buck ..in Germany on 8/8/06 at 3:22 PM. ( michael.rodgers@web.de ) 84.154.146.253

I sure as all heck won't leave it for the check in guys ! Last time I flew KLM and the dang lady at the gate told me I can't bring it on so, I slamed 4 Beers on the spot ! Good flight, slept like a baby !
I'm going with my "schatzi Evi's advice !"
Buck...

If in the military...

This response submitted by Withheld on 8/8/06 at 4:19 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

...check with the supply SGT or S-4. These people have the connections...I know!

Hey..I culd ask Becky, ...

This response submitted by Buck ..in Germany on 8/8/06 at 4:34 PM. ( michael.rodgers@web.de ) 84.154.146.253

Becky in the paint dept, her guy- maybe he could help.
Oh Great ! now I'm gonna get blasted for askin my Army bud's to help me send beer over on Gov, time ! LMAO !

As much as you can carry.

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 8/9/06 at 1:40 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.83

You are allowed as much as you can hand carry. I managed to bring back two of the German crates last year. no duties to pay. But it will have to go as carry on. I flew Lufth. I did have to sign a form claiming I was going to be the consumer and the beer was not for sale.

Return to Current Events Category Menu