Warning: Another religious fanatical post below

Submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/11/06 at 11:53 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

If you're offended, bored, or agitated by long winded jugemental religous fundaMENTALIST nutjob posts do not read the post below this one. LOL

Return to Current Events Category Menu

curious Cecil

This response submitted by Dan Gill on 8/12/06 at 12:31 AM. ( ) 64.89.212.67

how much do you oppose religion? do you object to "In God We Trust" on money? creation taught in schools? do you believe in God? this question can be for others also. and I'm not trying to be a smart..., Im just curious, why people get so offended by religion, and politics, they are things we are pationate about, just like taxidermy. I guess we slam others work too, so it is all part of what makes us unique. pationate doesnt look like it is spelled right, but it is late.
Dan Gill- a Christian who trys hard to do what is right, but stumbles everyday, and being a Christian makes me more of a target when I do mess up. Im just a person too.

answered your own question Dan

This response submitted by Mr.T on 8/12/06 at 7:14 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.196

Cecil's point is that everybody stumbles everyday as you and I do Dan, and nobody has any room or authority to tell someone else here that they are going to hell. The biggest offenders are the loudest preachers. Nobody on his or her best Christian day is good enough to post advice here on how to live a sinless life. Cecil is not anti Christian, just tired of self-righteous postings.

You got it Mr. T

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 8/12/06 at 8:00 AM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

I would further add from my experience those that preach the loudest are hypocrites or a little touched in the head. One only needs to remember a few tele evangelist scandals to know that. Pat Robertson is our latest nut job. He claims to be a Christian but has a war like mentality. In my own catholic church we have phedophiles, and a hierarchy that has a history of sweeping it under the rug or moving them around, which only caused them to harm other children.

Yes

This response submitted by Alex Sr on 8/12/06 at 11:00 AM. ( ) 66.32.22.158

Even Jesus was accussed of being touched in the head by Pharasees, We can see pharasees and anti-christs are synonimous.

so how do we find out?

This response submitted by Dan Gill on 8/12/06 at 11:23 AM. ( ) 64.89.212.67

where do we learn? If the church is full of hypocrites, and the taxinet is no place for this. who is going to explain to me how to get to my final reward? is their any authority in your opinion? In my life I have to have belief, and faith in something, and even someone. I guess my parents got me set in my belief system.
thanks for the resposes,
Dan Gill

Furthermore

This response submitted by Alex on 8/12/06 at 11:30 AM. ( ) 66.32.22.158

1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

in life we have judges

This response submitted by Dan Gill on 8/12/06 at 12:29 PM. ( ) 64.89.212.67

In life we have judges, and authorities. what gives them the right? what makes Gary Bruch, or Kenny walker, Bill Yox, or any others the right to tell me how do do a mount, or if it is right? we fight authority, even in competition. These I mentioned have proven themselves, and earned my respect as an authority. They have reference to prove their point. the bible is the reference of a Christian. some interperet reference differently. If We interperet differently than the judge (in competition), or Judge in life(God). we lose. just my saturday morning wisdom.
Dan Gill

With my experiences

This response submitted by Motza on 8/12/06 at 3:32 PM. ( ) 64.28.54.41

In search for Truth, I have been to many churches. I was a devoted Catholic. All my high school years were in a private catholic school run by priests and nuns. We have one full hour class in Religion every school days throughout the years. We pray in the beginning and at the end of the class. I had to attend a mass on Sundays because there is always a test about the Gospel. I loved the inner peace, joy in my heart, balance I experienced in me and my closeness with God and Jesus. So I included to attend every morning masses and novenas on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This lifted me up more. As I grew spiritually matured, I know in my heart that there is more truth beyond religion or the bible. I attended different churches like: seventh day adventist, baptist church, church of latter day saints, etc. What came to me was, you pick and attend the church that best fit your belief at that moment until you are ready to move on.
On one of my conversations with a priest, He told me if I wanted to know more, then I should ask God, Jesus directly and listen. So, I did. This is when I started my different journey of spirituality.

Dan Gill - "how do we find out"? Ask God, Jesus directly and listen.
You may say: God, Jesus through my soul, heart, and spirit, I ask that you illuminate me the wisdom to know the Truth (or whatever you want to ask). May I be willing to receive your message in the way I could understand it without my judgment and interference. Thank you, I love you. Amen.

In the physical realm, we do not have the right to judge or change the mind of anyone. Only God, Jesus has that right.

Time to move on again!

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/12/06 at 6:17 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

"What came to me was, you pick and attend the church that best fit your belief at that moment until you are ready to move on."
To bad you have never understood your catholic and/or orthodox christain faith and its beliefs Motza or you would not have been deceived by the moonbeam pack of garbage that you have been now dupped into. Want me to post that stranger than any fact or fiction space planet made up Urantia story line again? I will say its different alright. I am only suprised that it didn't originate out of California.

I will

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/12/06 at 6:57 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

pray for you and I am glad that you are having a safe and happy journey Motza and I hope everything works out for you on your search. NO ONE has arrived or knows it all but we can know alot if and when we are open to God and his truth. I just totally disagree with your present place of thinking and so does the bible and the "christain church". Good luck to you.

Did I say I believe in Urantia?

This response submitted by Motza on 8/12/06 at 8:36 PM. ( ) 64.28.55.86

or that I know of its existence? No! Read my post again, maybe you'll understand it better! Then read your last post where it says " but we can know alot if and when we are open to God and his truth" and live it!

What I meant with the statement that you quoted was: In my observations at that time I was attending different churches, there are so many religions and people are seventh day adventist or catholic because that is the level of their belief.

Jim, don't pray for me because your prayers are so mentally and emotionally confined with your belief.

The bottom line

This response submitted by Dr.Z on 8/13/06 at 1:19 PM. ( ) 70.98.89.172

is are you forgiven.I don't beleive this world was set up to be our "happy place".Fact is we all fall short. Are you washed clean?That's the only way to avoid pating for your sin.And we all know that comes with a death sentence!NARROW IS THE WAY!

fact

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/14/06 at 9:05 AM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

motza, "YOU" posted for us all to look up Urantia. You need all the help possible sir or mam or whatever you are.

you are mistaken Jim

This response submitted by Motza on 8/14/06 at 7:37 PM. ( ) 64.28.53.17

I wasn't the one who posted about Urantia. The only help I need is from my Creator, God, Jesus no other. I am empowered and provided directly by them.

Dr. Z - happiness is within you. If you are not happy, none whatsoever can and will make you happy.

Cecil

This response submitted by DaveT on 8/15/06 at 5:52 PM. ( ) 24.32.87.64

Cecil does not have a clue. Anyone who has ever actually READ the Bible knows that we ARE to correct brothers and sisters when they stray. Cecil is about as clueless of Christianity as he is about the military/wars.

DaveT

Return to Current Events Category Menu