Michigan cell phone buyers had no connection to terrorism

Submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 8:39 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

FBI finds no terror link with cell phone suspects
CARO, Mich. (AP) There's no sign of any terror link. The FBI says it doesn't have any information to indicate that three men who were found in Michigan with about a-thousand cell phones in their van have any connections to terrorism.

They'd boosted their patrols on the five-mile-long Mackinac Bridge after the arrests.

The FBI has issued a statement saying there's no imminent threat to the bridge, and nothing to indicate that the men have any direct link to terrorism.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/specials/popular/article.aspx?s=popular&storyid=37512

Apparently as I suspected they bought them to resell and make some money.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Yeah Cecil

This response submitted by Ron on 8/14/06 at 9:04 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.100

and those lovely little muslim boys just wanted to learn how to fly planes because they loved American aviation so much. If the FBI had arrested them before 911 you would have been the first one screaming discimination. It's people like you that are going to get more Americans killed. Only a g**d*** fool would not be suspicious here.

Cell phones

This response submitted by Forrest Sue on 8/14/06 at 9:06 PM. ( ) 76.0.164.128

Cecil, I do some marketing stuff on the side of taxidermy which is on the side of my state job LOL And one happens to be where I check inventory and the display on a certain type of inexpensive uuuuhhhmmmm buy the time cell phone... There I think I did not step on any toes... anyway. There are several stores that every three weeks when I go that they are sold out. They order 20 and sell 20 to the same person each week.
This has been for the past 3 months. They hit al the same stoes in the area... I guess maybe up North (I'm in NC) they are selling like hotcakes.. I am in the wrong business LOL.

Ron you really need to be in the FBI

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 9:55 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

considering you know more than they do. I wasn't the one that let them go the FBI did.

Uhmmm

This response submitted by Jerry S. on 8/14/06 at 9:56 PM. ( jds@jerrystringer.net ) 71.86.114.227

My understanding was that they were buying the phones and reselling them for a profit. The part that doesn't make sense, though, is that they were throwing away the chargers and batteries from the new phones. So what does that make the phone worth?

I guess they didn't make much profit on each phone but made up for it in volume!

The FBI SAYING that they don't have any ties doesn't meant that they don't have any ties.

I've done too many press releases in the past to know that you tell the public what you want them to know.

Jerry S.

And one more thing Ron

This response submitted by Cecil on 8/14/06 at 10:02 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

If you knew any middle eastern people you'd know many are very business oriented. Jews, Arabs, even Indians (not American Americians.) Most of the Indians that come over here and buy up the motels, hotels, 7-11's jewlery stores etc. come from one particular state in India. They are so shrewd and materialist they are dispised by the rest of their own country. All they care about is getting rich. My priest who is from India was filling me in on it.

Quite interesting actually to learn about other cultures rather than hating them or fearing them for no reason, and wanting to bomb the *** out of them so you can shove your "democracy" down their throats.

Cecil

This response submitted by Ron on 8/14/06 at 10:03 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.104

I could never wear a suite all day long, besides the FBI is more of an investigative agency. I want to be a member of something where I can beat the fudge out of people on a regular basis.

Now I'm really confused

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 10:07 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

I keep being told not to criticize this administration and Bush on this site as they are doing a great job, which along with that goes the FBI, DHS etc. etc. But as soon as the FBI says there's no link they're hiding something from you you cry foul.

Come on guys you can't have it both ways.

Jerry, are you sure the info that said they were ripping out the batteries and the chargers out was credible? I sure don't remember seeing it in the article I read.

Could it be they wanted to charge extra for the batteries and chargers?

So by your own admission Ron

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 10:09 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

you're not an investigator but someone who just likes to give people a hard time? If you're not an investigator how can you know more than they do?

I'll try this again

This response submitted by Ron on 8/14/06 at 10:15 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.100

As the computor ate my last response. Cecil, who on earth is it that wants to bomb Jews, Indians and Arabs. OH YEAH, THE [expletive deleted] MUSLIMS YOU IGIT. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SHOVE THIER [expletive deleted] RELIGION DOWN THIER THROAT. Get real. wake up an smell the c4 in the suicide vest Cecil.

Also

This response submitted by Ron on 8/14/06 at 10:33 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.100

I have not heard that they let them loose. Also I have heard the stuff about the batteries and charges. They were just speaking of this on the tv but I missed most of it because I was wasting my time with you. Are you satisfied Cecil!

Ron you better get back to the news

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 10:57 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

You might actually learn something.

Thanks for caring Cec

This response submitted by Ron on 8/14/06 at 10:59 PM. ( ) 12.181.15.100

Your a real friend.

Oh one more thing

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/14/06 at 11:00 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.103

Come on Ron. They're not bombing us. Haven't you heard? 9/11 was an inside job! LOL

Cecil , your an idiot

This response submitted by Brad on 8/14/06 at 11:07 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.83

!

Skunk can't change its stink

This response submitted by Jay on 8/15/06 at 5:26 PM. ( ) 216.105.216.210

And cecil you stink!

I must be missing something

This response submitted by Ted on 8/16/06 at 2:41 AM. ( ) 70.189.175.227

How do you buy something at walmart, open the package and throw part of it away then sell it at a profit. Couldn't I go buy an unopened one at walmart for the same price as you did?

Only answer I can think of is that you are exporting them to a country without Walmart or a similar store chain. Let's see, Is it a good idea to allow the export to countries without cheap phones (i.e. third world countries) a device that is untraceable and can be used to detonate bombs?

Return to Current Events Category Menu