Great Prank

Submitted by Michael Sestak on 8/16/06 at 11:52 PM. ( ) 24.49.203.34

if you dont already know about this little prank here it is.

1. take a "picture" of your normal looking desktop with the Print screen button on the keyboard (note, nothing will pop up or happen at this point)

2. open the "paint" program

3. Click on "edit"

4. Click "paste" (see the desk top)

5. Click "file"

6. select "save as"

7. select "24 bit map (bmp) (note the file destination where you want to save this "picture", use either "my documents" or "my pictures"

8. close "paint"

9. open the file where you saved the "picture" of the desktop

10. right click on the "picture" of the desktop

11. select "open with" then click "paint"

12. click on "file"

13. select "set as background centered"

14. close "paint" and the other window so you are now back on the "desktop"
at this point you should be looking at the "dummy desktop"

15. right click somewhere on the "desktop" out in the open area (not on any icons)

16. go to "arrange icons"

17. when the next window pops up "uncheck" the show desktop icons selections or simply select "hide icons" this step will "hide" the real active icons from the desktop and leave just the "picture" behind ( you may have to do this after step # 1)

18. what you should now be looking at isnt a "real" desk top. it is simply a "bit map" (picture)of the original working desktop. this "new" desktop wont work at all.
the "target" of this prank will think they have a virus. they can point and click at every "icon" on the desk top and nothing will happen (its just a picture, not a desk top)
they can shut down and re-boot and still get nothing to work until you re-set the desktop for them...sit back and watch the fun.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

LMAO

This response submitted by Rae on 8/17/06 at 1:50 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.204

You are a cruel cruel man LOL I would be sooo P'd is someone did that to my comp.. Who would think that it was just a pic? I have hissy fits if my comp runs too slow Id have a major coniption fit if my "Desktop" wasnt working LOL

Rae

Wow, that's pretty evil!

This response submitted by marty on 8/17/06 at 9:01 AM. ( ) 24.15.97.161

I don't know if even the fairly well computer literate folks would catch that one. You're scaring me dude, BUT I do like the way you think - lol!

Sounds

This response submitted by Cowboy on 8/17/06 at 6:10 PM. ( ) 66.32.82.159

Darn right Stupid.

Don't you have something to mount ? Instead of wasting your time, LOL

Return to Current Events Category Menu