Elephant's Memory - Touching Story

Submitted by Mr.T on 8/17/06 at 7:41 AM. ( ) 68.79.167.32

Elephant's Memory - Touching Story

In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from college. On a hike through the bush, he came across a
young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.The elephant seemed distressed so Mbembe approached it
very carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant'sfoot, and found a
large thorn deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the thorn out
with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly putdown its foot.
The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather sternlook on its face, stared at him. For several tense moments Mbembestood
frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventuallythe elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away.
Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twentyyears later he was walking through a zoo with histeenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and
walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe and lifted its front
foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. Mbembe summoned up hiscourage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. Suddenly the elephant trumpeted
again, wrapped its trunk around one of the man's legs and swung him wildly back and forth along the railing, killing him.
Probably wasn't the same elephant.

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Swing low sweet chariot!

This response submitted by KIM on 8/17/06 at 10:39 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

More true than what most people think!

ROFLAMO

This response submitted by Rae on 8/17/06 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.66

That cracked me up LOL...

Yes...

This response submitted by BigSwede on 8/17/06 at 2:10 PM. ( ) 217.210.177.177

...that was very touching! I laughed for 10 minutes...

Guys are you new or have very short memories?

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/17/06 at 6:23 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

This was posted here not more than a few weeks ago. LOL

Funny post though Mr. T.

I dont remember that

This response submitted by Mr.T on 8/17/06 at 6:34 PM. ( ) 68.79.167.32

I am not an Elephant, it is more the other way, I am starting to repeat my stories like grandpa did.

Mr T.

This response submitted by Bill @ Hog Heaven on 8/18/06 at 6:41 AM. ( ) 24.59.215.89

If this the pain meds. at work, hope you dont run out anytime soon. Still LMFAO.

Return to Current Events Category Menu