'Maine Mutant' Probable Akita Or Chow Mix

Submitted by KIM ***FYI*** on 8/17/06 at 9:45 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Go here, good story and pics...enjoy!

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mainebeast2/

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Same thoughts!

This response submitted by Rae on 8/17/06 at 10:11 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.198

THe noise was real short and that hair looks alot like the coat on a chow or akita.
When I first saw the body pic I thought gee looks like a dog to me.. Head shot is where you can really see the "dog" look.

Horns of the Devil!

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 8/17/06 at 11:14 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.106.136.52

I do realize that evryone is born ignorant, but it does defy me as to why so many seem to want to stay that way.

Here's a link:
http://www.akc.org/breeds/great_pyrenees/index.cfm

Scroll down to:
hindquarters

Kimmers, how about telling the viewing audience at home what is considered a fault in the hindquarters?

As you requested Glen

This response submitted by KIM (Enjoy) on 8/17/06 at 11:51 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

The answer is :Fault--Absence of double dewclaws on each rear leg.

Thank ya, Kimmers!

This response submitted by Glen on 8/18/06 at 12:10 AM. ( ) 70.106.136.52

That kind of "news" always does disgust the Hell out of me. I expect such tripe out of supermarket tabloids, but not "real" reporters. Back when I was a kid, there wasn't a whole lot of deer around here. There was a velvet buck that was being seen on a real regular basis south of town. Let me tell ya, he was everything but a whitetail. One of the reporters even got a photo of him that made the front page.

Not a whole lot of years ago, the competing newspaper of the time carried a photo of an animal that was a cross between a cat and a rabbit. Looked an awful lot like a Manyx to me.

woof woof

This response submitted by gina on 8/18/06 at 9:43 AM. ( ) 71.236.215.234

I wonder why it is that everyone knows what a dog looks like, but when dead dog turns up, its some kind of night predator wolf creature.

Shows how easily people can be roped into believing just about anything.

no wonder scammers make money and Roswell is still on the map.

Roswell...serves a good purpose!

This response submitted by KIM on 8/18/06 at 3:53 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

... I resent that about Roswell...LOL

Return to Current Events Category Menu