Religious posts VS Taxidermy posts? Your Thoughts?

Submitted by KIM on 8/19/06 at 1:01 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Is there a better response on Religious posts than Taxidermy Posts?

I have noticed longer, better responses for many religious posts than the typical taxidermy post. Interesting! Perhaps all people are hurting and looking for or lacking something spiritual?

Just wondering about the concept. Your ideas?

Return to Current Events Category Menu

I think

This response submitted by Alex on 8/19/06 at 5:09 PM. ( ) 66.32.82.159

about 50% of the responds are against religion and god.

And..

This response submitted by .. on 8/19/06 at 5:29 PM. ( ) 4.225.174.87

the other 50% are bible thumpers who think they are better than everyone else.

Better on the religious

This response submitted by Gunny on 8/19/06 at 8:53 PM. ( ) 71.227.204.246

If you are looking for a negative response!Just my idea.

Crossdaily.com

This response submitted by Mr.T on 8/20/06 at 8:11 AM. ( ) 68.79.167.32

Here is a rule from their list of do not's for their forum.
And please tell me, why would a Christian site for Christians need a rule like this?

You will not harass, threaten, embarrass or distress forum users, either in the community itself or via personal email, phone, physical mail or in person. You will not engage in name-calling or personal attacks in the course of discussion or debate. You will not post inflammatory remarks simply for the purpose for evoking reaction or starting fights with other community members (Often referred to as "trolling"). Overall, promoting a spirit of divisiveness in the forums community will not be tolerated.
Attacking the character or motives of someone who differs with your view or denying that he or she is a Christian is unacceptable.

Do you think that maybe this is why some are against Religious posts here?

The last time I looked

This response submitted by Two Feathers on 8/20/06 at 8:36 AM. ( ) 24.36.93.154

the name here was Taxidermy.Net FORUMS not Religion.Net FORUMS

You didn't

This response submitted by Alex on 8/20/06 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 66.32.82.159

Look right, this one reads current events, that means news, whether religious or not and any other post you may wish, so people won't post it in the taxidermy industry.

Those against news should just pass over it and those against God should just pass over religious posts.
No need to be insulting as some of you are.

It just shows you really need God to start with.

News about current events is acceptable...

This response submitted by Craig on 8/21/06 at 9:33 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

even if it includes some religious aspect. But a C&P of some preacher's sermon is BS. Keep it to yourself.

The problem with religions of the world is everytime some world event happens they want to link it to something that is foretold in the Bible. It gets worse the closer the human race gets to those "End Times".

Faith is an individual commitment. People should keep it that way. Expose people to goodness in our actions and some of it might spread all by itself. Expose them to the word of God that seems to point out their faults and supposed sins and the old defenses will always go up.

It's almost like talking legal firearms ownership to some liberals I know, lol. I am always wrong no matter how right(based on factual evidence) I really am. And to some, if not most, I am politically wrong for even bringing up the subject.

Whoops

This response submitted by Two Feathers on 8/21/06 at 5:23 PM. ( ) 24.36.93.154

I stumbled onto this website where I thought it was dedicated taxidermists exchanging experiences and hints on better mounting procedures.(Sorry Alex} I didn't realize it was the same group from the Chevy truck club that think they own the website. I know Bill Yox is a way cool guy and so is marty and cecil but the rest of the dumplings ain't worth the time it takes to get here.AMF cya TF

This is going to take a while

This response submitted by Two Feathers on 8/22/06 at 1:24 AM. ( ) 24.36.93.154

I have to apologize to those or you who have nothing to do with this line of conversation and to you folks I am truly at your mercy. I know my God whom I have shared my life with and has been my strength for almost 60 years would want for me to be a bigger man. After perusing this website I have realized that I have allowed someone who uses religion as a weapon to bully and brow beat everyone who may not agree with him to arouse my anger and I was wrong. I should be a bigger man and pity this person who feels that by intimidation he can force others to succumb to his wishes and fulfil the need to stifle his loneliness. Therefore I will not further provoke this poor man but I will pray that he finds peace within himself before his God calls him home. Thank you all and GOD BLESS.

Couple of things...

This response submitted by Terry on 8/22/06 at 2:36 AM. ( go_tigers90@yahoo.com ) 64.74.177.163

For the umpteenth time- and I will happily repeat it many more- my take (based on what it says about the forum categories when you click on that icon in the upper left corner) is that the Current Events Forum is for items not directly related to taxidermy issues. Religion/Faith/Spiritual matters certainly would fall within the realm of what's acceptable, even if it disgruntles some.

For myself personally, taxidermy and my faith are not mutually exclusive. Nothing in my life- nothing- is exclusive of my faith. And Craig makes a good point but there are two sides to it. He said that faith is an individual committment. True. Everyone's walk with Christ is personal. God works in each of us on an individual basis and we all experience different things during that walk- growth, pitfalls, callings...

BUT... while we all experience a personal walk, the fact is some are called to share, to witness. Think about it on a couple of levels. On one hand, the New Testament is replete with examples of Jesus taking the message to unbelievers or Him exorting His disciples to. Frankly a part of being a Christian means embracing the spreading of the message of salvation and how all can achieve it. Some are called (we all have different gifts) to share their faith and reach out to others, while others have other gifts and serve in other capacities. To look at it from another perspective, if every single Christian in the world really were to keep their faith to themselves... how exactly would the message of what Christ's death on the cross did for us get spread?

Read "religious" posts or don't read them... agree or disagree... myself... it's a good message and someone does need to be there to spread it, be it on a taxidermy website, on the worksite or in other avenues in life. I gave my life to Christ many years ago and I fully understand that a part of that life changing decision was a willingness to share the message with others, to tell others about the gift of eternal life that can only be had through giving one's life to Jesus Christ.

To one and all... Have a fabulous week. :-) I know I will; I have fresh moose meat to butcher.

so when

This response submitted by Mr.T on 8/22/06 at 6:40 AM. ( ) 68.79.167.32

when does witnessing turn into harassment?

So many fine lines in life I guess...

This response submitted by Terry on 8/22/06 at 3:51 PM. ( go_tigers90@yahoo.com ) 64.74.177.144

I think maybe it begins to feel like it's harassment if and when it's directed personally at someone... maybe anyway. And I don't think- speaking for myself personally- I have ever directed a post of "you need to do this" at someone personally (by name), nor is it my place to. What can be done is to put out a message for all to read. And everyone is free to read or not read, as they feel led. Also, as a Christian, I know that strong feelings can feel similar but be very different. I know that there have been times I have had believing brothers and sisters gently rebuking me for something and I bristled at it initially... "What business is it of there's"... but upon reflection and prayer found that they had hit a particular issue right on the head. Our pride wells up. And frankly OT and NT are filled with instances warning against pride (I am sure a lot of people are aware of that) and also about being able to accept rebuke. I guess my point is that sometimes when we are feeling pressured- and please Mr. T, this is NOT directed at you personally- it may be that we are really feeling is convicted about something. Just another person's take.

Back to the butchering. :-) Blessings take SO many forms...

Return to Current Events Category Menu