Reinstate the draft

Submitted by Lou on 8/24/06 at 2:44 PM. ( ) 70.16.114.161

I was drafted in 65 to fight another war that was a mistake and now that the fairer sex can go into combat, and I think it only fitting that the Bush twins along with the VP's two daughters lead the way, after all everthing is going well over there and surely the twins would like to be there when victory is ours !

Let me tell you , when and if the draft were to be reinstated the war would end that day as there are very few rich kids dying over there unlike in South East Asia. End the war in Iraq and start talking with the Iranians just as Pat Buchannon and many other noteable republicans are saying...

Return to Current Events Category Menu

Lou, you just don't get it, do you

This response submitted by George on 8/24/06 at 3:10 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

You're not looking for the draft, you're looking at retribution and revenge. You don't even accept that Vietnam actually DID achieve the goals set by Eisenhour and Kennedy in stopping Communism. Is Laos, Cambodia, Thailand or Malaysia Communist? No and for a very good reason. The US took the heat off those countries and the Communists had to concentrate on Vietnam. Even Red China saw that the influx of their influence could be dangerous and backed off. You obviously lost the war. Me and many others didn't.

So you want to see women in combat, huh? You have any daughters, sisters, nieces or maybe even your own wife that YOU would like to see in combat? Most of the civilized world don't have their women doing any combat. Nope, even Israel. America is where it's at because of jerks like you in your LIBERAL, politically correct values of effemination and emasculation of men for the sake of "equal rights". I'm sure Hillary can clue you in on her objectives to that end. Pat Buchanon is like a keg of black powder. You never know what it will take to set him off and anyone who supports him soon finds out that he changes positions by what he thinks people want to hear. A lot like the esteemed wasted Senator from Delaware, Joe Biden.

And your acerbic comments on "everything is going so well" over there is the epitomy of your intellect. On September 11, 2001, everything was "going quite well" in New York City and over 3,000 innocent working men and women had no reason to suspect that that day would be any different from the day before. That is until the office complexes they worked in at the World Trade Center were hit by to airplanes piloted by zealots. Zealots whos one belief in their personal opinions probably were much different from yours. And in case you haven't noticed, the world changed drastically that day and unless and until we can rid ourselves of self-serving liberalism and political correctness and start dumping pigs blood on every terrorist Muslim our service men and women kill, they'll be a blight on the world we once lived in and thought to be "going so well."

Lou

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 8/24/06 at 3:48 PM. ( ) 63.227.248.125

Whaaaaaaaa. cut, run, cry, blame, point fingers, make excuses, hide, blame everything on the jews and/or Bush. Lou you should should run for senate on the Demo ticket! Lots of other nice folks would sure vote for you.

George please don't ever call me a revisionist

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/24/06 at 7:12 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

You've got it down to a science. LOL

Lou, getting killed in wars is for us common folks. I know because I rubbed elbows with some upper crust when I dated a Harvard Law graduate years ago. I can assure you no way no how will they let their kids join the military. That's for those "other folks" and is considered below their dignity. And furthermore if you ever get rich you are considered either a "self made man" or "new money" vs. "old money" which they consider the only money to have.

Needless to say I knew I was in trouble when I was introduced to her relatives as a "friend of the family" even though I can assure you I saw her naked on a regular basis.

BTW the draft is political sucide

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/24/06 at 7:20 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

for politicians and a really quick way to end a war campaign if the war is questionable. One of the reasons this war is still going on past the length of WWII is most folks don't have a stake in it. That is they don't have a family member or relative that has been killed or wounded or away on long deployments. That all changes with a draft. It all comes home in a personal way.

I really feel for these guys that are getting used like a two bit wh**e in a shanty town with some going on 3 to 4 deployments. At least a wh*re doesn't have a chance of being barbecued by an IED. Talk about not being able to see your kids grow up.

I sure wish some of these sideline cheerleaders would sign up and give these brave men and women a break.

Been there and done that Cecil

This response submitted by George on 8/24/06 at 9:22 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

I thought we'd had this discussion about YOUR military service versus those of us you actually served and went. There's no "revisionist" in what I said, just your liberal blubbering as usual. Why is it that all the wannabes from the Vietnam era now try to imply that they've served and having a military background is so important for a politician today. I guess you don't think John Kerry (did you know he served in Vietnam) or John McCain, or maybe even that blowhard Joh Murtha served in Vietnam. Elmo Zumwalt lost his son to Agent Orange and Colin Powell was there numerous times in actual combat. What part of that would you like to revise Cecil. "Weak- end" warriors shouldn't discuss what today's reservists and guardsmen have to endure as that's only cheerleading from someone like you who was never in the game to begin with.

Yawn...

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/24/06 at 10:04 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

George I have to give you credit. You sure can sound like you know what you're talking about and mostly you do. But the devil is in the details and you really like to leave out a few things out like the facts.

I would be glad to show the flaws in your revisionist history (justifying a war that was a terrible waste and based on a lie just like Iraq was, but something tells me you'd just pooh pooh it.)

So shall we agree to disagree? I won't convince you and you won't covince me. Sadly this could be a good debate where the facts could be laid out and someone on here might learn from it. We do that on a potlicital site I freqent and there are plenty of Vietnam Vets there who have "SERVED" too. But it's not to be the case here.

BTW thanks for bashing the NG insinuating they "don't serve." You and Dave Toms need to get off your high horses. I went to the same basic training you both did. O.K. I didn't see combat but in your own words you said you didn't either. And something tells me Dave Toms who was in the Air Force probably wasn't a grunt either.

Hey George

This response submitted by Lou on 8/25/06 at 7:11 AM. ( ) 70.16.114.161

that wool your trying to pull over my eyes is 100% cotton. Why you could be the spokesman for that a-- hole the VP. They always have a reason to send the poor away to die.

For your info my friend, I don't know anyone and I mean anyone who thought that 50,000 kids dying in South East Asia accomplished anything. Blow your nose and clear your head 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq.

P.S. I have to wonder, how many 19 and 20 year olds did you hear screaming out for their Mothers while engaged in the bush. I'll bet not many!

Hey George

This response submitted by Lou on 8/25/06 at 7:11 AM. ( ) 70.16.114.161

that wool your trying to pull over my eyes is 100% cotton. Why you could be the spokesman for that a-- hole the VP. They always have a reason to send the poor away to die.

For your info my friend, I don't know anyone and I mean anyone who thought that 50,000 kids dying in South East Asia accomplished anything. Blow your nose and clear your head 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq.

P.S. I have to wonder, how many 19 and 20 year olds did you hear screaming out for their Mothers while engaged in the bush. I'll bet not many!

Lou

This response submitted by George on 8/25/06 at 12:39 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.72

Tell all of us your military history and how that makes you such an expert. You AND Joe Biden.

George

This response submitted by Lou on 8/26/06 at 6:34 AM. ( ) 70.16.114.161

I know nothing of Bidens experiences as they relate to the Military,you see I openly admit I'm not as smart as you Bush conservatives. I mean look how well your ilk is taking care of this country (ie) trillion $ deficits, fuel prices thru the roof, open southern borders and the ability to diagnose terminally ill patients from afar (ie) Terry Schiavo. I sure can't hunt with those dogs. Why didn't your kool-aide drinking crowd make some noise after the autopsy that was performed on her.

Here is what I do know Mr. know it all. When you occupy anothers country against their wishes you will have no peace. Witness, viet nam, the Russians in Afganistan, the US in Iraq and the best example of all is the Isrealis they sure have had peace since they stole the Golan Heights, West Bank and the Gaza from the Palestinians. As far as my Military History goes, well by the way you comment on thing it's obvious to me that you couldn't walk the fields many of us plowed in South East Asia or you would be much more sensitive to this Bush debocle in Iraq...

All I asked Lou, was what field you plowed

This response submitted by George on 8/26/06 at 9:44 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.9

And to admit the fact that you were drafted and didn't have enough money to buy a ticket to Canada, no matter WHAT the US does to stop enemies of Democracy, you've still going to be a bitter, miserable sould. Maybe you should stick to reading Doonesbury in the comics section. He's covering people like you right now.

Let me get this straight George

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/26/06 at 1:54 PM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

If someone got drafted and didn't snag a loophole like pussy Dumbya and company or go to Canada, you still don't have a high opinion of them? So you're saying all the guys that got drafted and came back in coffins didn't amount to a hill of beans? Is that what you're saying?

Isn't it possible that many of those draftee's may not have felt strongly enough about Vietnam to volunteer, but when they were called they did their duty?

Well Cecil

This response submitted by DaveT on 8/26/06 at 5:28 PM. ( ) 24.32.87.64

Since you drug my name into another post I guess I will respond. First of all, the guard you served in is NOT the guard of today. I will leave it at that Cecil.

Yes I am USAF active duty so what? I guess in your eyes that does not count. Glad I don't put any stock into what you think! I have been to the sand box on several occasions Cecil and am subject to go every AEF cycle how about you Cecil? No I was not a grunt as you put it but I slept in tents and have took cover in the same bunker with army and marine troops when we heard the sirens and thought a chemical attack might be forth coming. No one there thought it was a joke as you put it.

I assure you of one thing, it seemed very real to us who were there while you were back here in the good old USA, sitting on your fat a** running your big mouth about what should/should not be done in the military. Of course if you ever made your comments in front of anything but a keyboard someone, including myself, would have held you accountable a long time ago.

I have proudly served for over 20 years now. I have never ever put down the guard as a whole only YOU (despite what Cecil claims on here). My reasons are clear, Cecil is a loud mouth crybaby that lies a lot and bears false witness every time his mouth gets him even in a little trouble. Just read how he twisted George's words above. I have just got to the point I could care less what anyone thinks about me when I calls Cecil's hand. He is a liar, he twists word to try to boosts his ego and he runs his mouth about thinks he has no clue about. He does not posses a high IQ, not do I think he is a Master fish taxidermist and I certainly KNOW he is not a military strategist... these are all just claims he has made on here about himself. Sorry Cecil I don't buy your crap, I'll leave it to the newbies that visit this site that just haven't learned any better yet.

DaveT

Dave I'm so honored

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 8/27/06 at 12:39 AM. ( ) 64.184.42.8

that you got down to my level again. So honored once again to have taxidermist of your "God given ability" responding to a taxidermist that "paints by numbers."

As far as your post blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... the usual bs. But at least you've figured out that putting down the NG time after time, and then coming back time after time and denying it isn't believable anymore. So now it's the NG of today is different than when I served. Oh brother.

How did you make rank anyway? You're really not the brightest bulb around. Must have been one of those butt kissers.

Cecil

This response submitted by DaveT on 8/27/06 at 8:18 AM. ( ) 24.32.87.64

I did not come down to your level I told it like it is... big difference. Everyone can see for themselves who is what.

DaveT

Return to Current Events Category Menu